Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transgender fur questions  (Read 6687 times)

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
Transgender fur questions
« on: 10.08.2012, 05:59:17 »

I haven't seen anyone bring this up so i thought i might :3

since i don't know how well transgender people are treated in Germany i though I'd rack up a few questions

Where does EF stand on that topic? What are your views?

What does the laws say about the LBGT/HBTQ community?

How are transgender people treated around town?

What sort of clothing are ok? There might be kids around with the other hotel guests and outside so some common sense does apply!
Swimsuits in the pool? Silicone inlays? Skirts, dresses, tights or leggings... that sort of questions

makeup? what to wear and what not to wear?

kind of good to know stuff :3

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
Re: Transgender fur questions
« Reply #1 on: 10.08.2012, 08:33:42 »

Assuming that everybody know what you are talking about is very rude, you should at least explain what you mean without forcing others to use google ;)

As for EF and where we stand:

We will simply treat you as we treat any other guest.

And you can find out about clothing when you read the rules of conduct.

As for outside the hotel:

You should use common sense, i can not give you tips how society will treat you.
And that always depends on who you meet and how you actually look like.

If you look very girly already and its hard to tell the difference you might have no trouble at all.
If you are 2 meters tall and 150 kilos heavy and then dress as a girl you might get snappy comments ;)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 10.08.2012, 13:27:56 »

What Nightfox says is 100% correct - and I'd just like to enlarge little bit onto that topic.

We really don't care about your gender, your orientation, or the lack of them :)  I think we (the organizers) and our attendees are pretty tolerant, but we need to set some standards regarding people's appearance - because if you overstep some limits, people will be offended. When people are offended, that means they don't want to be associated with the offender ... and that is exactly what we do NOT want in a a big social event like EF.

Now, that sounds very abstract, but I want to stress that we're setting these standards not because we're in favour of any kind of gender or orientation. That's also why all our dress code rules are based on outer appearance. None of the other attendees nor the security staff can look into your head. And nobody wants to. Just like nobody wants to make special rules for specially oriented people :)

So, as a consequence, you're supposed to decide what your role is, and stick to it.

That's where Nightfox argument comes in: If you look like a crossdresser (i.e. like a rather manly guy in womens clothes), you will be asked to wear something appropriate.

We had some rather extreme cases in the pas. I'm not trying to imply that this example applies to you (I don't know you, after all), but let's just say that  a beardy guy with hairy legs in a pink dress will offend people, no matter which gender the person has genetically or psychologically. So we can't tolerate that - since a majority of our attendees wouldn't tolerate it either. It's the way it is. We need to stay on common ground, or else we can't have a harmonic community event.

That's really all there is to it, and all I can say. If you can behave and dress up in a way that's not offensive to a rather tolerant crowd, everything will be fine, and nobody will ask any questions.

« Last Edit: 10.08.2012, 13:30:50 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #3 on: 10.08.2012, 14:14:28 »

thanks guys =)

ill make sure to pack tastefully and according to your advices =)

Assuming that everybody know what you are talking about is very rude, you should at least explain what you mean without forcing others to use google ;)

LBGT = Lesbian, Bisexual Gay and Transsexual. its the American acronym that usually has a backing organization that supports their rights
HBTQ = homo, Bi, Trans and Queer. its the European acronym that usually has a backing organization that supports their rights.
Pages: [1]   Go Up