Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: overflow hotels  (Read 5537 times)

kitutal

overflow hotels
« on: 13.08.2012, 16:44:48 »

Just want to check, am I right in thinking that if I want to share a room with someone, I have to organise it with them first, then book the room together, rather than letting the hotel pick someone at random?

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: overflow hotels
« Reply #1 on: 13.08.2012, 17:35:21 »

The former, we are only coordinating the room sharing at the Maritim.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

kitutal

« Reply #2 on: 22.08.2012, 22:05:08 »

Another question, then. Does anyone know why it works out slightly cheaper for me to book a twin room than a single room? It looks like only the twin room is available for the advance discount, if just barely at this short notice, what's going on here, and what can I do about it?

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #3 on: 22.08.2012, 23:39:05 »

Another question, then. Does anyone know why it works out slightly cheaper for me to book a twin room than a single room? It looks like only the twin room is available for the advance discount, if just barely at this short notice, what's going on here, and what can I do about it?

Because you only pay half of the room. For the hotel of course it's cheaper to have two people in a room instead of just one which is why if you are alone you pay more. If you are with two you both pay, hence it's cheaper. Hope that covers the anwser.
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

kitutal

« Reply #4 on: 22.08.2012, 23:44:38 »

but the price is different for the room rather than the number of people, they're charging me less for a room with two beds and one person than a room with one bed. it's all sensible prices nomally, but only the twin room comes under the early booking discount, that's where the lower price comes in.
ah well, it's all booked now, seems I have a spare bed, but noone to go in it, because I only booked for one person rather than two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up