Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A new year, a new opinion about the pawpetshow  (Read 29843 times)

Gero

Re: A new year, a new opinion about the pawpetshow
« Reply #15 on: 06.09.2012, 23:27:17 »

To have a set off core characters with given names and personality could be a way to ease on the burden off building new ones, but it would also decrease the number off options aviable each year, and it might be somewhat confusing to see say Marcus as a archelogist this year and maybe a construction worker next.

Another way could be to threat the puppets like actors. Aka the "actors" have set names, voices and personality and theyre playing diferent characters with different personality each year. Thus all you need to do is to restyle them for each show, and you can even have theyre actors personality show at the curtain call. Thus it would be perfectly accepteble to see "Marcus" as a archelogist this year and a construction worker (or whatever) next year.

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
« Reply #16 on: 06.09.2012, 23:37:31 »

(did I recognize the goat from CFz correctly?)
Yes you did. as you can see on the Pompeii flyer; Sir William Bellicose was the British guest actor featured in this years play.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #17 on: 07.09.2012, 17:45:41 »

• A few actors unfortunately still have a very thick German accent that really throws me off, in the sense that I just can't understand most of what they're saying.  For example the character in the arena who asked the protagonists about their scripts, I figured out what was being said from the context a sentence later.  Even though I have an otherwise decent command of the language...
Ok, i'm very sorry but you go a little too far.

You come to a german convention where we, as hosts do our best to push it to international standards by speaking english. But still you are a guest in a german speaking country and it would be nice to show a little respect, you comment was very rude and inappropriate.

When i go to confuzzled i have a hard time understanding the pawpetshow because of the heavy british accent but i would never complain about that.

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #18 on: 07.09.2012, 18:18:35 »

When i go to confuzzled i have a hard time understanding the pawpetshow because of the heavy british accent but i would never complain about that.

I have to say I agree with this: I personally had more trouble understanding native English speakers than Germans most of the time - the Germans usually at least try to take the time to pronounce the English words correctly, while the native English speakers more often rush through it because they're so used to English. Of course this isn't always the case, and as Nightfox said I wouldn't normally complain about this at an international convention. But now that it's been pointed out anyway, I thought I'd mention it. Training your pronunciation as a performer is never a bad thing, no matter where you're from. =)
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Gero

« Reply #19 on: 07.09.2012, 22:51:52 »

Overall I was more than satisfied with the voice acting skill off the cast. Apart from the technical issues with a bad mic there was only a few parts that I failed to understand, but it could have been caused by the fact that english isnt my mother laungage.

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #20 on: 08.09.2012, 00:03:20 »

I have to say I agree with this: I personally had more trouble understanding native English speakers than Germans most of the time

Mea culpa! I spoke rather fast at times.. but I guess that's what 6 years of exile in the UK do to your english, hehe. I just speak at what is meanwhile a normal pace for me. ^.^

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #21 on: 08.09.2012, 00:38:17 »

I have to say I agree with this: I personally had more trouble understanding native English speakers than Germans most of the time

Mea culpa! I spoke rather fast at times.. but I guess that's what 6 years of exile in the UK do to your english, hehe. I just speak at what is meanwhile a normal pace for me. ^.^

No no no, don't get me wrong: it was still great, and I never had any problem following the story! I'm not complaining at all. I'm only saying that, considering not everyone (including the audience!) is experienced with English at an international convention such as this, a bit more focus on pronunciation won't hurt. You know, just as a little note to keep in the back of your head while performing. But I'm sure you already knew that. =)

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #22 on: 08.09.2012, 18:57:06 »

would it be possible to get the list of the music which were used during the show ?
some of them where really really awesome and I would be very interested to hear them again

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 08.09.2012, 19:18:28 »

A great deal of music within the show was taken from a catalog of production music called "Director's Cuts". You can pre-listen and buy individual tracks here:

https://www.extrememusic.com/

Then, the title music and many of the intermission pieces were taken from the Album "Illusions" by Thomas Bergersen, one of the composers behind the well known "Two Steps From Hell" Label:

http://www.amazon.de/Illusions/dp/B0059C0HPM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347123883&sr=8-3

Then some "authentic" (as far as it's possible to guess lacking actual musicial records) roman music was taken from "Somnia Imperii" by David Marshall, who used reconstructed musicial instruments to recreate the sound of the roman empire:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Somnia-ImperII-David-Marshall/dp/B000222YGE

Then finally, the song played during the video intermission in which the godess grants the wish, and then during the end titles, is called "Immortality" written by none other than Fox Amoore:

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/8111955/

A few pieces were taken from film soundtracks, but I'd have to look them up, so if you're looking for a specific piece, that you can't find on the above releases, please let me know.
yours,

Cheetah

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #24 on: 08.09.2012, 19:26:56 »

thank you :)

GeorgeFoxtail

• Convention Security Operative
  • more fox than a human...
« Reply #25 on: 08.09.2012, 19:38:24 »

*hugs* thanks you alot cheetah and congrats for the wonderful show :D

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #26 on: 08.09.2012, 19:50:29 »

If we're linking stuff anyway:

I'd still like to know what the pixelartsy animation was that played during the second (?) intermission, I only saw flashes of it while selling otter noses but it looked really cool! Does anyone have a link for me? =)

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #27 on: 08.09.2012, 19:59:25 »

I'd still like to know what the pixelartsy animation was that played during the second (?) intermission,

@ Cheetah : I dont know how you handle the various animation used during intermission, concerning copyrights and so, but here is one very very nice animation with Im sure people would absolutely love seeing as intermission http://vimeo.com/44088118 , maybe for next year :)

lynard

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Lynard (by Dragony)
    • My FA Page
« Reply #28 on: 10.09.2012, 14:32:51 »

A few pieces were taken from film soundtracks, but I'd have to look them up, so if you're looking for a specific piece, that you can't find on the above releases, please let me know.

At least one piece (i think during the scene on the tree) was taken from the Transformers Soundtrack - Sam at the Lake

// Lyn

datgingercat

« Reply #29 on: 10.09.2012, 16:24:45 »

This was my first time attending EF so it's hard for me to compare the Pawpet show to anything, but here's my opinion shortly:

I think the Pawpet show was very well thought out. The execution of the show was nearly perfect, apart from a few slight delays and a few moments when we could see the puppeteers' heads, but all of this was easily negligible. Even professional theatres who do this for living have such things happen to them.
I also see some people were complaining about the light effect during defibrillation and as much as it was a surprise, I found it to be a very nice touch to making the show feel more real.

For me there was really only one downside and that was the fact that the story was a bit predictable. Maybe this is because I watch too much TV, but after the first 15 minutes of the show, I could pretty much predict the whole story till the end.

I'd also like to comment on this:
  • A few actors unfortunately still have a very thick German accent that really throws me off, in the sense that I just can't understand most of what they're saying.  For example the character in the arena who asked the protagonists about their scripts, I figured out what was being said from the context a sentence later.  Even though I have an otherwise decent command of the language...
I come from a non-english and non-german speaking country and was able to understand every word said by the actors without a problem, even though my hearing is not the best, so I can hardly say this was a problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up