Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: EF18 Feedback  (Read 111139 times)

Gero

Re: EF18 Feedback
« Reply #150 on: 12.09.2012, 00:19:02 »

Did people like the charity concert? Should we try to do something similar again? DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items? Did you like the idea about the otter noses? Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals? Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?
Id really liked the charity concert but idk if the piano bar was the best room for it. It got a nice and intimate setting but some people has to be seated behind the bar thing and behind the singers so maybe not the ideal room. Otherwise a great concert and some wery touching moments! I really liked the idea to have a signed poster aviable for the concert.

As for the charity, I really liked the fact that they had dogs with them, and it make for a very nice conversation subject, as well as aded greatly to the con feeling in the lobby. And thus I am totaly sure that the huge success in found raising was due to them having theyre dogs with them! Idk if its doable but if so maybe some photo ops (where the fees goes to charity ofc) with them dogs and fursuiters might be a good idea next year? Providing the dogs accept it ofc. Maybe it could be a thing for furries to be photoed with GOH as well? Might be an extra way to ad some euros to the charity.

And without knowing who the charity are next year I would say yes! Id guess its not uncommon among us furries to be interested in the wellbeing of animals so yes.

Oh and I really liked the otter noses even thou I didnt had the chance to buy that many. More of them (or simular thing) next year please! After all: Every one loves a piece off candy every now and then!

Henrieke

• Pawpet Show
    • FA page
« Reply #151 on: 12.09.2012, 00:22:48 »

DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items?
Having it split was nice in my opinion, technical/time problems aside! I think though that especially with some of the charity items that would get a lot of interest it would definitely help to show them in the art show; I think it would help draw in an audience. I don't really buy impulsively so when I buy original art I want to give it some time first, taking a long look. Also, I think that when people see a piece one or two days in advance already, and set their minds on it, that one piece will get stuck in their mind and they will really WANT it!
Leaving in surprises is also nice though, it might attract curious people, and would make the auction more interesting. So maybe showcase a few pieces in the art show, and keep some secret? Do make sure you advertise the SECRET allll over the place, then!

Did you like the idea about the otter noses?
YES! I bought like, 20 bags of them XD
Ate half of them myself, got fat, giving the rest away to people.

Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals?
YES and yes, if it's ok for the animals!

Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?
I did not get to attend this year's panel but I definitely think it's interesting. Was the panel well attended?

Bostitch

« Reply #152 on: 12.09.2012, 00:24:16 »

Did people like the charity concert? Should we try to do something similar again? DId it work splitting the auction into two parts and keeping the charity items as surprises/mystery items? Did you like the idea about the otter noses? Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals? Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?
I probably don't need to say this as you were present yourself, but if there are mystery items, there really really need to be good photographs of those items available. :|

I think the split auction was a good idea. Trying to bring the charity to the con itself is definitely a plus. A charity panel sounds interesting, but with the schedule already so swamped, I'm not sure how well it would be attended.

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #153 on: 12.09.2012, 15:12:26 »

Wow some really great and constructive answers so far. I like your ideas guys! I will definitely be taking them all into account when designing next years' events and activities. Many things was the first year we tried them out, so it's good to get some feedback to actually see from an attendee point of view how they worked out.
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

krakendwaggin

• Krakenplex Productions
« Reply #154 on: 12.09.2012, 15:39:47 »

I think the Charity concert should be done on stage if possible, you'd be able to sell more tickets that way, though a smaller room leads to a much more 'intimate' concert, makes it more special.

The auction in two halves was a very good idea, just a shame about the technical problems!

The otter noses were a fantastic idea, I must've bought 30+ of them, I would've bought a case to take home if there was such a option! (heck, would still buy some if available!) , do this again next year!

Yes always try to bring the charity there, it's always much nicer to hear from the charity themselves, especially when they bring along the animals!

Gero

« Reply #155 on: 12.09.2012, 17:02:05 »

I saw that when the dogs first come to con (was it wensday or thursday?) a couple of them seemed a bit scared off furies at the entreance, but they get used after a while. Would it be a good idea to arrange so whatever animals youll have next year get a chance to get used to fursuiters?

Schorse

« Reply #156 on: 12.09.2012, 17:48:29 »

At least on Sunday, the dogs got used to the suiters. :)
http://media.furcon.de/Eurofurence/ef18/Schorse/tn/EF18%20052.jpg

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #157 on: 12.09.2012, 17:52:25 »

Would it be possible to have a list of the art pieces sold printed up with the winner attendee numbers posted on a board outside the den? It would save having to queue up to find out if you have won something or not.
More is more.

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #158 on: 12.09.2012, 18:01:41 »

Would it be possible to have a list of the art pieces sold printed up with the winner attendee numbers posted on a board outside the den? It would save having to queue up to find out if you have won something or not.

see https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,4029.msg39629.html#msg39629

Raider

« Reply #159 on: 12.09.2012, 20:33:54 »

Did people like the charity concert? Should we try to do something similar again?

Yes, it was very nice. Sadly, I had to leave after half of it due to duty, but I still felt like the ticket "was worth" the 5€. The Piano Bar can not provide space for that many people, but it providess a very nice, comfy setting.

Did you like the idea about the otter noses?

This needs to be repeated. I saw so many people buying those (even in bulk, to give away). I personally did not like the flavor, but that's really complaining on a high comfort level. The price was low enough to make it a very affordable expense for some quick candy and you even got the fuzzy feeling of doing something nice for charity.

Should we try to bring next year's charity to the con as well? Should they bring animals? Would you be interested if next year's charity also did a panel?

Having the carity people at the con it a really good incentive to donate since you can put a friendly face to the good cause. To actually have the animals you're donating for right in front of you improved that even further. So, yes, please.
I don't know if I would actually take the time to attend a charity info panel. Maybe them doing a short (5-10 minutes max) presentation about their work at the opening ceremonies would draw more attention?

Huskyboy

• FC[HuskyFuchs]3a A- C D H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+
« Reply #160 on: 12.09.2012, 21:27:33 »

So, i have just a few things. The Con itself was good as last time...

+ Meeting Many Friends, good Parties and stuff...
+ AC worked, i had always Hot Water in the Shower
+ Could see all Panels i wanted to see

0 Sound on the Mainstage, specialy the Concert was a bit weird, Background was to Loud, Drums too, so they make it difficult to hear the other Instruments, and on the Encore there was a Badly Feedback, that was Painful for my Ears... Not the Loudness, just that Feedback...

and there are some things that arent directly the Con but the Hotel...
- Housekeeping who is not interested in that DND Signs, at 9 in the Morning... one Time there was even no knocking on the Door, they just opened it...
- No Towels at the Pool, at 11 in the Morning, and at 3 on the Other day...
- as Every Year, Prices at the Bar, 5,50 for 0,5l Beer is a bit... overpriced in my Eyes, i was in 5 Star Hotels with lower Prices...
- The Coffee, in the Morning it was ok, not good, but for 1€ i would not say anything. But over the Day the Coffee gets old and they only made new one when all old was gone... and you know Old Coffee is eww.

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #161 on: 13.09.2012, 00:37:29 »

@Pinky: as one of the people selling otter noses (including during the Pawpet Show seating / intermissions), I can say without a doubt that there was a lot of interest in otter noses! I was completely amazed at the speed at which I ran out. Just make sure you find people willing to make a fool out of themselves (or just stay themselves, like me! =P) to sell them as it seems to easily double the amount of interest. Not to mention the person(s) who offered the combo-package "otter noses + hug : €1,00" (instead of €0,50) which made sales soar. =D

What I think could give an amazing boost to the charity, but probably a total pain to organize, is 100% charity quick (pencil) sketch commissions by a few artists at the charity tables. Many of the great artists are already fully booked during the con, busy with the Dealer's Den and other con-related events. But if enough can take the time to spend an hour or two at the charity table, you could probably draw a lot of people towards there... and then the charity salesmen can start selling them other things. =) Just an idea though - I'm not an artist and have no idea if this is feasible or not.
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #162 on: 13.09.2012, 18:44:40 »

@Pinky: as one of the people selling otter noses (including during the Pawpet Show seating / intermissions), I can say without a doubt that there was a lot of interest in otter noses! I was completely amazed at the speed at which I ran out. Just make sure you find people willing to make a fool out of themselves (or just stay themselves, like me! =P) to sell them as it seems to easily double the amount of interest. Not to mention the person(s) who offered the combo-package "otter noses + hug : €1,00" (instead of €0,50) which made sales soar. =D

That was me :-)
Got a box at the charity desk then went to ConOps to get the nice paper to stick to the box. About 95% went for the hug, the remaining 5% were a bit scared of me i think *meowrrr*

I just want to make one addition. The charity collector box was very hard to put coins into and since i was in suit it was pretty difficult to get them to understand that the small hole on top was actually for coins. Maybe either a small sticker next to it: Coins or a little bit bigger hole.
Programmer and fursuiter. Your all friendly black 'n white house cat!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe/

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #163 on: 13.09.2012, 19:50:15 »

Yeah we had problems with the cvollection boxes and suiters earlier as well, but there's no good solution to it that I've found so far. The problem is that if the hole is too large, the contents risk falling out again. But yeah stickers might her, so I'll note it down for next year. :-)

Thanks for helping us out, I loved the hug idea, it's totally in the right spirit.
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Luxen

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Furry.ch - das Schweizer Furry Portal
« Reply #164 on: 13.09.2012, 21:17:59 »

As far as I've seen or heard, both the charity concert and the charity auction were a big hit with the con-goers, so kudos on that. :-)

Bringing animals: It worked nicely this year. But it will only work if the next charity focusses on pets again. Personally, I'd much rather give money to conserve endangered wildlife than to take care of pets in relatively rich countries. Both are worthy causes, however.

I feel that whether a charity can bring animals or not should be secondary as long as they do important work. I support charity because I like the cause, not because the animals they brought were cute.
« Last Edit: 13.09.2012, 21:39:46 by Luxen »
The Daily Eurofurence:
Now all issues available at www.eurofurence.org/EF22/daily
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up