Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: EF18 Feedback  (Read 111843 times)

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
Re: EF18 Feedback
« Reply #165 on: 14.09.2012, 00:07:05 »

I feel that whether a charity can bring animals or not should be secondary as long as they do important work. I support charity because I like the cause, not because the animals they brought were cute.

I very much agree with this. Not being able to bring live animals to show should not stop us from taking charities such as the Raubkatzenasyl or the Gnadenhof. That would be such a shame. It simply should not be a deciding factor.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #166 on: 14.09.2012, 10:06:30 »

Don't worry guys, it's not a deciding factor. This year was the first year where we actually had animals on site, so I just wondered how that worked. But I would in no way discriminate against charities that cannot bring animals, all animals are worth saving (except spiders, whasps and hornets, mosquitoes, leeches, ticks, green elephants and jabberwocks of course  ;) ).
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Faolin

• canine mind, canine heart ::
    • Lycanthropia
« Reply #167 on: 14.09.2012, 13:06:40 »

I guess dogs are the only animals you can actually bring on site, aren't they? If it's not about logistics, it's maybe about the stress level those animals will have to deal with.

However, I really loved this year's charity including otter noses, the concert (with its very awesome atmosphere) and the auction (might be better to show the items beforehand, though). I also attended their panel and found it quite sad that they were holding it for only... 6? people. As far as I remember, Uncle Kage held his Story Hour at the same time and the Dealer's Den opened. But, to my impression, only few people would actually have attented the charity panel, even if they'd been free from those other events. I might be wrong with that.
This might also be different, if there will be a charity without "just dogs" (or rather "just very special dogs") you can meet and greet in the Lobby all the time.

So: please go for another charity panel, it's interesting to get background information, videos and photos, before-and-after-stories and such.

All in all, this EF has been indescribably awesome to me and I just want to say thank you. :)
Now, bring me that horizon! ~

Gero

« Reply #168 on: 14.09.2012, 13:10:35 »

Oh talking about FFF, did I hear wrong or did someone actually promise to make them a fursuit if they returned next year? Was in one of the events at the main stage but I forgot which one.

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #169 on: 14.09.2012, 13:22:33 »

You heard wrong. At the beginning of the Pawpet Show I said they were more than welcome to come back, and I also mentioned that last year's charity had in fact returned, this time as a normal attendee and with a fursuit. But no one promised anyone a fursuit.
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Hasani

« Reply #170 on: 14.09.2012, 22:37:22 »

Eurofurence 18 was my first furry convention ever, I was so worried I wouldn't like it. Well now I'm already planning Confuzzled 2013 and Eurofurence 2013, so I think my time at Eurofurence was a great one. I got to meet many furs in person, some were artist that I like. Also it was my first time traveling alone and first time in Germany, which is a wonderful country and the people talk English very well. First day for me was just getting into the swing of things and that happened pretty fast, the next day I was already pretty well settled in to the convention way of things.

From there on I just had so much fun, talking to friends and seeing how much fun it was to be around so many furries. Because of all the fursuiters and seeing how much they were having fun, I'm getting one for myself. I'm gonna start with a partial, but I will expand it to a full suit later. So this is all that my first convention did to me, Eurofurence has made me proud to be a furry.

I hope to see you all again, maybe at Confuzzled or Eurofurence, maybe even both.

Gero

« Reply #171 on: 15.09.2012, 10:47:44 »

You heard wrong. At the beginning of the Pawpet Show I said they were more than welcome to come back, and I also mentioned that last year's charity had in fact returned, this time as a normal attendee and with a fursuit. But no one promised anyone a fursuit.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. But its a great thing that being part of the con grows an interest in being a fursuiter.

kiwikig

• Kiwi Kigurumi
« Reply #172 on: 15.09.2012, 16:01:28 »

negative:

• music, very exhausting to dance to sometimes in fursuit, too much hardcore, was much better last year
  • I was in a bearess fursuit in a clubwear outfit,
    I went to the headless lounge to cool down after dancing since I was overheating, but the headless lounge was too crowded,
    then i went to the front entrance since back entrance was locked, to stay outside and cool down for some minutes,
    security sent me back inside cause of my outfit or so, I dunno,
    I was only there to cool down for some minutes next to the entrance and head back in afterwards, that security decision was not fursuiter friendly
  • fursuitwalk, I was close to the end and we rushed 2/3 of the walk, very sadly no time to interact with people, it was nearly a run

positive:

• organisation, con staff, you guys are awesome, thank you all for your dedicated work!
  • the local people of the city, the hotel staff, the guests at the con, the workers in the local food shops are all so helpful and friendly
  • the community, the mood, the spirit of this con is amazing

It was an awesome con as always, glad to be there and looking forward to next time!  :D
« Last Edit: 15.09.2012, 16:04:59 by kiwikig »

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #173 on: 15.09.2012, 18:25:15 »

[...]security sent me back inside cause of my outfit or so, I dunno,[..]

Dear Sir or Madam,

yes, of course it was because of your outfit. At Eurofurence 17 you have been asked by security not to walk in front of the hotel, since your outfit would be bothering for other attendees and might give the wrong impression on passing city folk. When you were told that, you were standing at the street, waving at cars.

This year you walked out the front of the hotel again, despite securitys plead not to do so. I do understand your reason, that the lounge was too crowded, but please be informed, that we had multiple attendees, worried about your outfit in public and that we do share their concern. If you need to cool down and the lounge is too crowded again, please use the back-entrance when you wear your "club-wear".

And yes, I am aware, that you joined the fursuitparade in the same outfit. I just decided to tolerate that since I noticed only after the parade started.

Please, try to wear at least more decent clothing when wearing your suit outside of the hotel. Thank you for your understanding!
« Last Edit: 15.09.2012, 18:27:37 by Dhary Montecore »

kiwikig

• Kiwi Kigurumi
« Reply #174 on: 15.09.2012, 21:48:40 »

"yes, of course it was because of your outfit. At Eurofurence 17 you have been asked by security not to walk in front of the hotel, since your outfit would be bothering for other attendees and might give the wrong impression on passing city folk. When you were told that, you were standing at the street, waving at cars."

I contacted the security last year to say I am sorry about going too close to the street. As I said I had no intention to do anything else than cooling off and staying at the entrance this year.

"If you need to cool down and the lounge is too crowded again, please use the back-entrance when you wear your "club-wear"."

As I said the back entrance was locked.

"And yes, I am aware, that you joined the fursuitparade in the same outfit."

Then you got me wrong or talk about another person.
clubwear: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8823832/
parade: http://s1.directupload.net/images/120915/22lo5dh7.jpg
« Last Edit: 15.09.2012, 21:51:47 by kiwikig »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #175 on: 15.09.2012, 23:08:57 »

Can you please move this discussion to a more private channel? Thank you.
yours,

Cheetah

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #176 on: 19.09.2012, 23:08:07 »

It is possible that pretty much everything is covered in these 12 pages of feedback, but I still write my own, things that first and most clear come to my mind:

+ Almost everything was starting on time or just with minor delays
+ Lifts weren't nearly as busy as last year, or I was just lucky with them
+ International snack exchange, Photographer's eye and Bat panel :)

- Almost constant queue to bigger Dealers' Den
- Fursuit parade could have had at least one stopping point on some nice location. Giving time for fursuiters to re-group and rest for a while and people to take photographs.
- Fursuit group photo was closed from other than official photographer until very last minute. I understand that this way it was easy to make sure there was no distractions and no other than fursuiters in group photo. But still I think this could have been arranged somehow so that other people also could have been let in to take photos.
- I still miss Ringberg just a little...

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #177 on: 23.09.2012, 00:13:18 »

I think most things were already said but I just have to write my own feedback :3

This years EF was my first furry convention I ever attended with many "firsts" that I have gone through in these four days.

Starting with my social shyness towards other people I was truly skeptic to attend the convention at first, not to mention truly scared, but was convinced to go nonetheless to see for myself.

It was really overwhelming ... seeing the hotel and the lobby at my arrival-day ... seeing so many people in one place doing their thing. Nevertheless all was planned and scheduled well so the only thing to do was wait to get my room card and such.

Before the con I thought that staying at a hotel for four days would be totally boring. Ok, seeing a few fursuiters for the first time in real live, looking through the dealers den, taking a few photos, then what? But when I looked through the conbook I was overwhelmed again at the massive amount of events and panels to attend which I really didn't know just what I should watch or where I should go so I just joined what came near, not really a concept or plan what to do ^^;;

Really all the stage shows and panels I saw were great, everything was on time for the most part. I really began to have fun and enjoy myself on my second day, still shy but it just felt more and more ... well, not really like "home" but the atmosphere and overall friendlyness of all the people lets someone feel "comfortable" just to be there. Someone said to me that those four days are like a full week of holiday for him, a highlight of the year - and I can only underline that.

Suiting for the first time was also tons of fun, even though I was really scared at first - but that faded soon after when I hugged the first people that came up to me. And I got really emotionally touched when I could bring smiles upon some kids faces, that was one of my personal highlights. But I was too scared to join the parade ... a shame when thought about afterwards, I will definately join the next one.

The only negative thing to mention would be ... during the dance contest while the technical difficulties occured ... that Cheetah didn't give us a solo-dance at the end like 2 threatened, I would have loved to see that ... bad Cheetah xD

But seriously:
A BIG THANK YOU to all the staffers, team-leads, security, panelists and con-helpers for their hard work during those four days to bring a furry convention to life that I will never forget. For making my first furry convention a remarkable one. You guys truly deserve a big pat on the back!

To think that a con this huge is run by hobby'ists, freelancers and helpers in such a damn professional way is amazing. This concept is something I truly adore, a furry convention run by fans for fans, like it should be, so please don't change the way you do things.

Another thing I highly support and was honored to be a part of was that there was a charity where everyone could join in and help FFF - and was moved at how much we collected in only four days. But ... as an otter myself I must say ... why otter noses? All those people eating the noses of my kin, I was horrified! xD Need to buy more next year to give them back to my friends :D

Many ottery hugs from me to all of you - come and claim them at next years EF which I will definately join as well!   

Blacky

Blue Raptor

« Reply #178 on: 06.11.2012, 22:24:49 »

Oh my, almost forgot I wanted to post here.

It was a very great con, thank you all very much!
Decoration was indeed awesome, and registration was very smooth and well organized.
And hey, really great affordable prices on the coffee and some snacks in the lobby! :)

Like so many I found the queuing situation at the dealers room... not optimal. I suppose the two rooms do not fit where the art show was (that could then be split up there into e.g. adult / general in the two rooms)? There's so much more room for a the queue down there.

Then I found it really nice how many chairs were put to the many round tables in the back of the lobby. That helped a lot to have somewhere to sit and mingle. It would be nice if the hotel could find some more chairs for the smaller tables in the front too though, those were always overcrowded. Also the first floor on the front of the hotel had two seatings with a total of 7 chairs, which is really nice but it would easily fit another seating and some more chairs two. I know, raptors are never happy. Just saying. :)

Ah, and the steak house. There are a lot of great food places around that the crowd can spread out to, some of which we only found this year, but that steak house is just too good and the con is growing so it won't get any less full. Maybe the restaurant might want to go with all meals coming on a single plate during that week if someone suggest it? Less walking to do for the waiters, less confusion, no waiting for half of the meal because the steak is there but the side is still in the kitchen, more space on the table...
Otherwise I can only recommend taking the pepper steak. That is a steak but comes on a single plate already. :)
Rah, I say.

kalaallitamaroq

• Fursuit support
« Reply #179 on: 25.11.2012, 23:46:03 »

Ok, just my 2 cents:

GOOD:
  • things were more on time
  • nice idea putting the signs on the staircase doors
  • I don't know, it was really a great con

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW FEATURES:
  • a big (huge!) screen to display non stop actual infos like:
      - canceled or delayed events
      - maps of the rooms where events are happening
      - reminders of upcoming events
    maybe a projector on the reception desk projecting on a cloth screen hanging from the "C" floor or something like that.
    I can volunteer to write the software to have it running by EF19
  • a "feedback" box somewhere, so that people can submit feedback immediately (and not after they return home and forget half of the things)

COULD BE DONE BETTER:
  • maybe it's better to put the signs on the staircases from day 0
  • better wifi coverage (and shorter DHCP leases! or more IP addresses...)
  • the registration on this forum is misleading. Maybe the mail was lost or something, but I never received the second email when the account was eventually activated. I only received the first email that said that I needed to wait for the registration to be approved and that I would receive a second email when that happens. So basically my account here was active since September and I didn't know

VERY BAD, FIX THIS:
The registration system doesn't allow you to specify the country that will be displayed on the badge, it defaults to the country of residence. And the rules say that it's forbidden to cover any part of the badge.
I spent the first 5 minutes when talking to ANYBODY by explaining that I'm not German both at EF17 and EF18. It gets REALLY annoying after the 20th time in the same hour (no, I'm not joking about this)
At EF17 it was really a problem because people would just start to speak with me in German, which I couldn't speak at the time.
Next year (assuming I make it) it would display yet another country.
This is RIDICULOUS! PLEASE allow us to choose the country to display on the badge, or maybe to put the nationality, or give the option to hide it. otherwise I will not put my actual address in the registration form next time.

That said, I really hope I will make it for EF19, because I had really a great time  :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up