Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Blue Dance Feedback  (Read 7511 times)

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
Big Blue Dance Feedback
« on: 03.09.2012, 21:13:13 »

I'm gonna make this fairly short, acknowledging that I've been one of the bigger whiners in the past.

THIS YEAR'S MUSIC SELECTION WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, from start to end. The set was, in my opinion, the best that BBF has played at EF so far. The dancefloor seemed to be quite full for most of the night, too, and people were hollering, clapping and hooting with joy all around me.

Absolutely stunning selection of music, and I like the distinctive "yes, we do trance" statement every second track quite boldly gave us with a broad spectrum of bass, midrange and treble synths.

One thing I'd like to mention:
Volume in the last hour or hour and a half absolutely exploded, with -15 dB Elacin filters, the loudness was still beyond my pain threshold. Some people (me too) went out to get the -27 dB green or -29 dB orange ear plugs in those last 90 minutes of BBF's set. Kenai's set was much quieter again, despite being more minimal / harder in musical nature.
« Last Edit: 03.09.2012, 21:16:19 by Thygrrr »
Thygrrr Darkfurre

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
Re: Big Blue Dance Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 03.09.2012, 22:49:13 »

Thanks for the feedback!

The sudden jump in volume was caused by one of the DJs, either me or Kenai, who took over to play a few more tracks after I stopped. Sorry for that, we'll try to level things out better next time. :)
Official Something

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #2 on: 03.09.2012, 23:56:26 »

The Big Blue Dance was OK for me ^^
The music that was played isn't a genre I prefer to listen to, but it was still OK
But around 2am it had some parts I didn't like, and it was the 2nd reason for me to leave (The first one were my hurting feets xD)

Blacklion

« Reply #3 on: 04.09.2012, 00:07:18 »

I think, BBDance was pretty awesome this year. For me it was very hard to get out from the dance floor. Even in fursuit when I was completely sweat and tired and can't move I still dancing :) THANKS A LOT FOR THIS DANCE!!!

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #4 on: 04.09.2012, 00:44:13 »

I really really really enjoyed this year big blue dance!
I stayed till the end! (the end of BBF mix, that's it)

Lightfox

« Reply #5 on: 04.09.2012, 00:45:42 »

I must agree with Thygrrr on this one, this mix was really awesome and well balanced, i had quite a blast till the end of the night, never got bored, and would have probably stayed even later if it had kept going! The volume did explode towards the last few hours, and it was very fortunate to have the ear plugs available indeed.

Token

• Convention Security Operative
  • *nom nom nom*
« Reply #6 on: 05.09.2012, 20:23:03 »

With very much respect to the professional, awsome DJing and all the hard work, I still did not like it at all.
It felt like even less variation to last year and I could not really  get into it. Maybe I got there during the wrong times, but there was basically just one type of bass I ever heard.

Ofcourse, it was not problem to simply move somewhere else… just 2-3 blocks were enough to find a silent spot xD

But still, thanks for the awsome party.

Token

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #7 on: 06.09.2012, 01:15:41 »

*Umpf* - once again I had to give up, not beeing able to dance through the whole thing :-\.
Next year, I shall suceed ;)!

Thank you very much for keeping the crowd hopping, stomping, howling, jumping, shuffeling till dawn. I did enjoy the dance a lot and was happy with the music selection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up