Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fursuiting 101 panel  (Read 7325 times)

Spark Wolf

Fursuiting 101 panel
« on: 04.09.2012, 01:07:51 »

Heya =D

For the people that went to the "fursuiting 101" panel that I and Sithy did.
It was our first ever given panel and I would like to ask for some feedback for next year.

We thought both it was really great and fun to be the hosts for the panel and we are ready to do it next year too ;)

If I would sum it up... next time we need a bigger room since there were almost 100 people and around 30/40 were fursuiters.
Also we need more fursuiters suiting up so that we can let them show the examples  ;D

But hopefully we gave you enough info, tips and tricks for your performance and caring with your fursuit ^_^

Drachetto

• Drachetto's FA page
Re: Fursuiting 101 panel
« Reply #1 on: 04.09.2012, 17:07:27 »

It attended to this panel at it was REALLY interesting about performing in fursuit and the caring of it. I heard a lot of advice and tips that I didn't know, so I recommend to everybody to attend next year, fursuiters and not.

Personal advice for next year:
-As you write, fursuiters are good to show better something you are talkin:, bring some officially to help you. Luckily this year there were some REALLY nice among the public who helped you for that.
-More info and time about fursuit caring, because it's not so easy to find info about it on the net... and the fear to do something wrong on a expensive fursuit is always SO high :)

"Fluffyness is happyness!"

Spark Wolf

« Reply #2 on: 04.09.2012, 17:36:09 »

-As you write, fursuiters are good to show better something you are talkin:, bring some officially to help you. Luckily this year there were some REALLY nice among the public who helped you for that.

This has already been said by myself in the first post ^_^
Also we need more fursuiters suiting up so that we can let them show the examples  ;D

-More info and time about fursuit caring, because it's not so easy to find info about it on the net... and the fear to do something wrong on a expensive fursuit is always SO high :)

That's a good one ;) Maybe we can give everybody some print-outs with info and where they can find it =)

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #3 on: 07.09.2012, 12:51:56 »

I hope you don't mind being invaded a bit by a Shep :)
More is more.

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #4 on: 07.09.2012, 13:07:26 »

Loved the shep. Lovelovelove. Will bring biscuits next year.

This year I did not have time to prepare anything, as we were moving right before EF, so I did all of this freehanded, just started talking really xD Next year I plan to add a bit more structure -- but not too much, as most people told me they liked the way we did it now. A little more spontaneous than a learned-from-the-heart talk, I guess. My plan is to write down the subjects I want to discuss (e.g. "how to suit" "how to commission" "care for your suit" ) and then just talk around that. Of course I'll need to talk this through with Sparky, but that was sort of our original idea and then I lost my internet haha x)

I'd like to talk a bit more about maintenance too, I was thinking to make it a bit...European product centered? As I noticed the guides you can find online focus on American products that are often impossible to get here. Would that work?
Registration & Social Media staff

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #5 on: 07.09.2012, 13:21:54 »

Mostly it's because the US products are what people know internationally, although Lysol is the same pretty much as Febreeze. So EU products would not be a problem really to obtain if you mention them by name so people aren't searching for the wrong thing.
More is more.

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #6 on: 07.09.2012, 17:35:30 »

If I might make a small suggestion: I tend to appreciate "<US product> is similar to <EU product>" lists, so that I know what EU product I can replace something from a US list/recipe/etc. with.

If you are planning on doing print-outs anyway, having a list like this for maintenance products and possibly materials or even tools would probably have me pop in and grab one... and I don't even own a fursuit =)
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up