Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Survey: Protect Your Ears  (Read 16353 times)

VulpesRex

Re: Survey: Protect Your Ears
« Reply #15 on: 08.09.2012, 10:34:24 »

I myself didn't use the offered hearing protection, because I usually bring my own -  in multiple sets!  I have the detached orange foam conical-shaped ones with the blunt end, a similar set in yellow foam with a plastic string to keep them togethe as a set and to drape around my neck, and a set of the silicone rubber type with the triple-layer sound baffels, for really high-noise level environments.  And if I'm sharing a room with someone, I try to carry a couple extra sets, in case of snoring.

I only saw one box of hearing protectors, being dispensed at the right-most door to the theater/dance area; it may be that not averyone was aware that they were available.

My general comments about their utility would be to echo what Mystifur wrote.  I make my living with my ears, and use protection to avoid injury (and even pain).

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY endorse the practice of handing out free hearing protection - and Thygrrr, if I am fortunate enough to attend EF again next year, I hereby pledge 100 Euro as a donation, to help pay for the expense of purchasing the protectors.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Gero

« Reply #16 on: 09.09.2012, 08:58:11 »

I wish I had a set for the first fursuit dance, after the fursuit photo. The opening music number there was LOUD and scared me away on the double. I took two sets when I found some at the next event, but I didnt needed any for any of the events afterwards, not even the concert. I dont know if it was the chock or if the volume at the fursuit friendly dance was extra loud or something.

With that said I am qutie used to the kind of volume youll find att musicals and simular events, after tons of visits to them, but I am not so familiar with the volume at techno dances and parities. :)

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #17 on: 09.09.2012, 13:59:55 »

I dont know if it was the chock or if the volume at the fursuit friendly dance was extra loud or something.

the volume at the fursuit dance was very loud from the start yes

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #18 on: 09.09.2012, 18:15:46 »

1. Usage - How many packs of Ear Plugs did you take, and how long did you wear them? At which events?
2 - Under ten minutes each, for the dances.

2. Sound - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how was the perceived quality of the music with the plugs?
5 - Good sound for the most part, was not so good with base.

3. Protection - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how good did they manage to lower the noise level?

4. Ease of Use - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how easy were the plugs to put in?
9 - Usual slight fitting problems.

5. Comfort - On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is perfect), how comfortable were they to wear?
3 - As they were quite blocky I found them uncomfortable to wear.

6. Feedback - Anything else you want to remark?
An alternative design is the more conical shaped ones or the ones linked by a band to make them harder to loose.
More is more.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up