Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For EF 19 - anyone be interested in a 60's-80's pop/rock music party?  (Read 7353 times)

BD

• BD's website

For those of us who would go mad for a dance featuring older pop and rock stuff  - if it was possible to arrange -  I'd offer to help somehow, maybe we could have a small room somewhere with a small but adequate sound system (nothing earth-shaking, just loud enough to hear well in a fursuit!) and a little space for dancing, where we could have a night of '60s, '70s and 80s rock and pop tunes. I'd be willing to try! If it's a big flop and I'm the only one there (at Confuzzled, DJ Swolf started a set with 70's-80's music and I was the ONLY person on the dance floor :), that's life! Anyway just an idea, could add even more diversity to the con.

Dhary Montecore

Please, not again.

We have this topic year after year. And year after year we explain, that we can not do this, due to the German content-mafia AKA GEMA. So unless you are willing to pay thousands of € for the license to play music in public in the hotel, you have to do such a thing as a room party please!

BD

• BD's website

OK sorry, I didn't know. Please delete this before I look too stupid :)

Dhary Montecore

OK sorry, I didn't know. Please delete this before I look too stupid :)

Don't worry, no one would be mad at you. It's just that the German content-mafia is something most Germans HATE and something that increases the Confee for all of us. We really really wish we could offer you more, but that's just not possible right now. Maybe in the future. :3

BD

• BD's website

OK thanks for explaining! Just understand that I am not complaining, I love those dances so much, they are my favorite part of every convention.

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team

I have an idea that would be both legal and doable, but let me explain once I'm home from work. :)
Official Something

BD

• BD's website

Cool man, I'm curious! The dances are already great, better every year...and if you could do something like that it would be TOO great! Even if I'm the only one dancing :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up