Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panelists: How did our logistics work?  (Read 10467 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Panelists: How did our logistics work?
« on: 04.09.2012, 22:17:02 »

Hi everyone!

I rarely see it mentioned here, so I'll start this little thread on my own, mostly aimed at people running events and panels at EF. I'd like to hear how your room was prepared when your event started. Did you get all materials you ordered? Did you get all the equipment you needed? Did you have all necessary tables / chairs? Was the room clean? Did everything arrive on time? Did you have to wait because of other events running over time? And so on :)

yours,

Cheetah

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: Panelists: How did our logistics work?
« Reply #1 on: 04.09.2012, 23:11:40 »

Furries in the Press: projector and PA were there and ready to use, fortunately I had another set of HDMI cable and HDMI/DVI-D adapter with me, because that was missing.

Meet the GoH (though not my event): chairs were stacked at the side and the table for Peter missing; while I was asking ConOps for a table the attendees set up the the chairs. Hoyt promptly brought the table (by defying the laws of physics) so the panel coould start without delay.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Indigo Icetalons

• Charity
« Reply #2 on: 05.09.2012, 10:22:46 »

The room was clean and all the chairs and tables were in order. However, for the panel 'Broken Picture telephone I was promised to just be provided with a lot of pens, paper and a projector. Naturally, Con ops was reluctant to give me that much pen and paper because they have not heard about the request. Nor was the projector I wanted available (I needed one that could project A4 paper). I managed to get the paper and pens and even though a projector would've been usefull, I could work without it. In the end all was fine and we had a blast with the little game.

Gero

« Reply #3 on: 05.09.2012, 15:29:25 »

Munchen room for GOHs musical panel wasnt set up at all! The chairs where stocked at the sides and I dont know if there where any tables for Peter, but alas we (including me and Peter and some other guys) has to move all he chairs to its proper locations. Well I understand that Peter is a nice and helpfull person but thats not really a way to threat a GOH, or a booked conference guest for that matter. Some one need to pick some one (probebly in the hotell team) in theyre ears and change it to the better for next year.

The uberlong ques at dealers den 1 has been mentioned on other threads, and some events where runing way beoynd sceduale with no real information (none that I heard) about its starting time. Also it seems like it was some real bad equipment problem in the main stage area causing problem for the fursuit dance contest and the concert, so that needs to be adressed so it doensnt repeats next year.

Other than that I couldnt see any major logistics issues from my corner of the universe.

« Last Edit: 05.09.2012, 22:53:05 by Gero »

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #4 on: 05.09.2012, 15:46:12 »

Anthro Rights & Wrongs (Sat 2PM)
The projector in Bonn was very low, and couldn't be raised any higher, especially with people starting to file in. Wouldn't have been so bad if there hadn't been two or three tables and a dozen chairs placed in front of the screen.

But at least we had a screen this year! ;D

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #5 on: 05.09.2012, 16:16:58 »

Video Game Dev Panel room was gold, though it was set up as a round table with a beamer.

I kind of explicitly requested none of these (it's neither keynote, workshop, nor round table). Didn't hurt much, but it was a little tricky to get the panel to segue into the open meet and greet I envisioned.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Spark Wolf

« Reply #6 on: 05.09.2012, 19:46:35 »

Fursuiting 101 panel - Stüttgart room:

We just shoved two tables to the end of the room for us to put our fursuitheads and attributes on.
For the rest the flipchart wasn't necessary but for next year it's a good idea to have lots of pens and paper.

It was nice and tidy nothing was wrong ;)

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #7 on: 07.09.2012, 19:40:39 »

Bat panel: I wasn't running the panel, I was just visitor there. But I couldn't help noticing big problems with projector image quality. We ended up gathering around one laptop to watch the pictures panelist wanted to show us.

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #8 on: 08.09.2012, 01:44:16 »

Who Wants To Be A DJ, Wild-Wolf had everything under control :)
we had atleast 3 to 4 ppl at each station (we had 3 stations) interested and asking good questions ^_^
so i must say that it was a good turnout :)

Hrs

• dickbutt
    • Du vin de qualité, messieurs!
« Reply #9 on: 08.09.2012, 16:51:51 »

DDR Panel, Room Bonn.

Well, it was very bad for me, especially the first day (Wednesday).
 I came to the room half an hour before the planned opening to set it up, but there was nothing of what I requested (No beamer, No screen, no sound), and the room wasn't prepared at all. So I decided to open the panel 1 hour later, and I asked the con ops if I could have all the stuff ready one hour later. One hour later, nothing, so I had to run everywhere to get the sound and the beamer, and I didn't get the beamer screen at all... I had to use a towel with duct tape to make a screen.  ::)  Finally the panel opened 2 hours later than planned.

It was okay the others day, though.
« Last Edit: 08.09.2012, 19:06:40 by Hrs »
Nope.

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
« Reply #10 on: 10.09.2012, 15:51:41 »

Planning Pictures Thursday 14:00 Room Magdeburg.

Fine room, adequate in size - ideal for a show and tell with open discussion at the end..

All fine, learnt from my mistakes last year and brought addapers for Beamer to Laptop (DVI-D & VGA) with me by myself. The Beamer itself was seated on a table and thus fairly low, so that I did have the individual head in the screen, but that's nothing of a biggie IMO.

I do have a suggestion though: It would be nice to have a glass of water for the panelists - or simply the availability of a cup to pour own drinks in or fill up at a tap. Talking for one and a half hours does require a drink from time to time.

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #11 on: 11.09.2012, 22:47:53 »

Well o'wolf already covered the first GoH event, but for the other GoH events I found I had to call con ops to get Peter water and a glass every time (we can easily move some chairs and a table, that's not really a main problem). I know how hard con ops are working and how many things they need to do, so I'm wondering if there perhaps is a better solution than me pestering con ops during the beginning of every GoH panel. But I'll talk directly to them about it. In general though, the room was clean and tidy and with a comfortable temperature and without any bad smells and with comfortable chairs and really all that I could wish for.
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Gero

« Reply #12 on: 12.09.2012, 00:29:22 »

Oh, I thaught it was the hotell (since its theyre conference rooms) job to set it up and provide it with things needed?

With that said you might want to ad a section next year thats responsible for bringing key items (such as water, glases, projectors, pens etc) to thoose panels and rooms that have asked for such, or make a list of things (like water and glasses) that should be aviable for every panel room every time its a panel. Id guess someone has to work thoose things out for next year, its not things that should have to be done five mins before the event starts.

Bostitch

« Reply #13 on: 12.09.2012, 00:34:17 »

Oh, I thaught it was the hotell (since its theyre conference rooms) job to set it up and provide it with things needed?
A hotel is willing to do anything, provided you pay for it. For instance, a business hotel like Maritim will charge anywhere between 5 and 10 euros for a jug of water and some glasses. I think EF prefers to go with volunteers to keep the con fee down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up