Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ralesk  (Read 6865 times)

Ralesk

Ralesk
« on: 28.10.2012, 16:52:39 »

Turns out I’ve never written an introduction here.  How particularly rude of me.

First things first though, I’d like to apologise for my harshly worded criticism a few months back.  I do believe PCD had crept up on me without me noticing (the gloom otherwise unrelated in recent months might have simply masked the PCD, hence it had gone unnoticed) and my words must have hit way harder than I’d ever intended.  Specifically, I’d like to apologise to Nightfox.  Some of my opinions there still do stand, in particular the request that the sound levels be lowered.  Please consider the fact that the night before you are spending hours in dangerous sound volumes and others might not.  I’d also like to clarify that the wish about the accents was definitely not about making everyone speak perfect BBC or CNN English — by far not; I know full well that my own pronunciation is far from either of those, so it would be entirely foolish to ask people in the same boat (ie. not being native speakers) to do better than myself.  It was also only about one particular actor, but somehow the argument seemed to turn into generalisations.  It was also listed last, as the least important point of the critique — yet it seemed to take all the focus.  I had no intention to hurt anyone there, my wording however wasn’t appropriate, so once again, I do apologise for being brusque and sounding mean.  It didn’t help, of course, that this time around I didn’t really have too many good things to say due to not seeing the show in its entirety — the lack of balance in my post must have added to the discomfort perceived.

Having finally got that off my chest, here’s a few things about me for those still reading.

At the time of this writing, I'm 30, I’m from Hungary, I work in the IT sector and I love languages though I speak too few of them (depends on your point of view: I speak two well, two on a mediocre level).  Got to know about the furry fandom through Digimon, at one time I had a (in today’s eyes a really crappy) website dedicated to it, which was the first such website in Hungary.  Then another guy made what would become the biggest one in Hungary, and we somehow ended up being friends and also furries later on.  Not to mention ending up going to the same university, a few years apart.

So, furries.  I think Ralesk’s appearance can be put around 2001, and back then, he had no hair, he had horns, he had wings, and he was definitely a western style dragon.  In about a year though it all changed, and he lost most of the western traits, though the basic form still was an anthro western dragon — took several more years to get to the semi-oriental look he has now.  Also happens to be gold coloured.

I consider myself “part of the fandom” since the beginning of 2002, that’s when I joined the FurNet IRC to hang out on a bunch of channels with some of the people I had gotten to know on forums before (ah, good old EZBoard, does anyone still remember them? That’s where it all started, on the Digiartistsdomain.com forums, slowly migrating to FAA / Furaddicted.net’s EZBoard with a bunch of old big names like WolfBlade, Clarence T Hare, Tokeki, Glenn, BrokenWing, and so on).  So from there onwards, I would hang out on #uk, #northukfurs and #eurofurs — but often enough I’d forget about IRC entirely and my nick would sit there idling a lot.  Oh well :)

2004 came around, and with it, the founding of furry.hu.  That year also marks the first time I’d come to Eurofurence, to Olpe, and that’s when Onkel Kage had something businesslike to do in Hungary, so he randomly found our site and got in contact with me.  I had an excellent time with him, running around in town (that man is crazy fast even when not running a con!), showing old parts, nice parts, wine-containing parts, and having the first Hungarian fur meet with three of us and Kage, in a tea house somewhere in the inner city.

I’ve been to 7 Eurofurences, and still wishing to somehow go back to the JH Nürnberg, because it was just such a nice place during EF 11 and 12.  After those two, I missed two EFs, came back for EF15, and been attending every one of them since.  This year, I’ve also managed to attend ConFuzzled, and I can say Hinckley and the Hinckley Island Hotel are great places, definitely worth a try.  The con itself too, of course ;)

Not sure what else to write, all of a sudden.  If you want to know something, just ask away.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
Re: Ralesk
« Reply #1 on: 30.11.2012, 21:34:01 »

Wuffles, welcome aboard that's a really detailed introduction. Thank you for posting it, late intros are better then none at all :) I posted on one forum a year after joining an intro thread.
More is more.

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #2 on: 01.12.2012, 13:38:03 »

Hehe, a warm welcome from this otter here too of course :3

And somehow I think I've read your name elsewhere before ... definately on the digiartistsdomain, that's where I've taken notice of you ... but weren't you also present on the old lavadomefive websites and forums?

Ralesk

« Reply #3 on: 01.12.2012, 17:43:03 »

Hehe, a warm welcome from this otter here too of course :3

And somehow I think I've read your name elsewhere before ... definately on the digiartistsdomain, that's where I've taken notice of you ... but weren't you also present on the old lavadomefive websites and forums?

Hi :) Your name rings a bell to me too, I guess it was DaD indeed.  I have no idea what lavadomefive was, so I don't think we bumped into each other there.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #4 on: 27.01.2013, 12:24:17 »

I somehow must have missed this one.

I wasn't aware you're speaking German :)
(referring to your latest post)

*purrrr*

Ralesk

« Reply #5 on: 27.01.2013, 14:58:27 »

It's one of the less fluent languages I speak.  The other would be Dutch.

I should really try to find time to learn something new.
Pages: [1]   Go Up