Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ringberg: before or after Eurofurence this year?  (Read 11287 times)

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
Ringberg: before or after Eurofurence this year?
« on: 01.01.2013, 17:12:15 »

Some people have suggested that the visit to the Ringberg Hotel should be made before the convention instead of afterward.  Last year, this seemed that it would be a good idea since most of the people who came to the Ringberg afterward were so tired they could not move.

For those who wish to see the old Ringberg again, which is better?

MOW

• Registration
Re: Ringberg: before or after Eurofurence this year?
« Reply #1 on: 01.01.2013, 19:48:18 »

Monday after implies late departure. So why not Monday before?

VulpesRex

« Reply #2 on: 01.01.2013, 21:31:03 »

...this seemed that it would be a good idea since most of the people who came to the Ringberg afterward were so tired they could not move.

From a purely energy-and-enthusiasm standpoint, "Tuesday Before" makes a lot of sense.  Folks who have just spent most of a week with intense participation, interaction, and extended late-night dances and parties are going to be wrung-out and "off-schedule".  And for those of us not driving (or riding with a party who is), just getting to Suhl is a trial; doing so immediately after a convention does diminish one's capacity to enjoy the thing ...especially when travelling alone.

Perhaps those going should make their various ways to the Ringberg for a Grand Rendezvous, partake of the hospitality of the hotel (and perhaps the Crazy Horse Steakhaus), enjoy a convivial night (around one of the bars, but a warm fire in the outdoor fire-ring might be nice), meet for a grand breakfast, and then depart - as a group* for the BahnHof, for those going on by train, and by auto and van - to arrive at the Maritim in time for Opening Ceremonies?

*  Does anyone know if the Ringberg uses their little shuttle van for groups with luggage wishing to go to the station, or is that strictly for "outings" to see local sights?  Or for that matter, is that old van essentially retired, and is only there as a display?

Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

punkmatsche

« Reply #3 on: 02.01.2013, 14:16:35 »

Some people have suggested that the visit to the Ringberg Hotel should be made before the convention instead of afterward.  Last year, this seemed that it would be a good idea since most of the people who came to the Ringberg afterward were so tired they could not move.

For those who wish to see the old Ringberg again, which is better?

Hello everybody.
Im new here and i don't know what the visit to the Ringberg Hotel is.
Maybe someone can explayn what this means(it would be verry nice if someone could do this)

With best wishes
Punkmatsche
if you found some typing error´s, keep them I have enough of them!

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #4 on: 02.01.2013, 18:15:36 »

I thought about it a little more.
If you do it before the con... Wouldnt it make more sense to do it on Monday before the con instead of Tuesday?
Tuesday before the con is the early arrival day and that might end up in

a) less furs attending maybe, because they want to be at the con already and
b) the ringberg visit ending up in a hurry on wednesday to get to the consite in time

Just my little two cents after i thought about it a little more.

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #5 on: 03.01.2013, 00:14:59 »

Hello everybody.
Im new here and i don't know what the visit to the Ringberg Hotel is.
Maybe someone can explayn what this means(it would be verry nice if someone could do this)

With best wishes
Punkmatsche

this is a meeting of furs (sort of old furs network ;)) in the hotel were the Eurofurence used to be previously and that holds fond memories for the participants.

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
« Reply #6 on: 04.01.2013, 00:30:48 »

I thought about it a little more.
If you do it before the con... Wouldnt it make more sense to do it on Monday before the con instead of Tuesday?
Tuesday before the con is the early arrival day and that might end up in

a) less furs attending maybe, because they want to be at the con already and
b) the ringberg visit ending up in a hurry on wednesday to get to the consite in time

Just my little two cents after i thought about it a little more.

That would be a lovely idea.  I would not be able to attend, however.  I do not have a large number of vacation days from work.

Sairys

« Reply #7 on: 06.01.2013, 11:19:49 »

I have to say the monday before the con might work out much better for those wishing to not to miss out on early arrival or even rush from the ringberg to get to the convention. Tho would be kinda cool to have the weekend visit there instead of one day.

I was totally exhausted last year I kind fell asleep right after dinner (yes right at the table), con burned me out.

If i remember correctly grandma-kage suggested a weekend mini visit to the ringberg calling it midsummers nights dream, was a random conversation.

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #8 on: 06.01.2013, 17:14:53 »

Awww... that would pretty much remove staffers from the equation then as - I hope :) - everyone of us will be utterly busy with last minute preparations the days before EF. I for one enjoyed the fact that the "Ringberg meet" was much quieter than the con itself. Also a nice way of easing into non-con-time again - think PCD placebo :) . Bottom line: I'd love to join in on Monday after EF again, but I just don't see how I can make it Monday before the con.

Xar

« Reply #9 on: 06.01.2013, 21:22:01 »

I have to agree with everyone who commented about having the Ringberg reunion not overlap the early arrival/late departure days.

If the Ringberg were to overlap with EF, I'm not even sure I'd participate - I'd have to check with friends to see what they do, etc.

Personally it might work better for me if it were after the con, but I do see the point in having it before.

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
« Reply #10 on: 08.01.2013, 20:45:33 »

Ah, fate conspires.  If folks want to go to the Ringberg, either before or after the convention, I encourage them to.  I, however, will not be able to join you (or to organize any of it). 

1)  I am very low on vacation days in 2013 -- the curse of the working American -- and cannot afford to take the additional day this year, either before or after the convention.

2)  I have received word that our favorite Hairless Master of Alcohol no longer works at the Ringberg.  That sort of removes a lot of the incentive for me.  So many of our friends have moved on.  I am happy for them, of course, but I miss seeing them in Suhl.

Lumo

• KittyFox
« Reply #11 on: 11.06.2013, 23:19:54 »

Oh i would have loved to go to ringberg again, but its sad that thebmaster of alcohol is gone. Where does he work now? Ringberg was such a nice hotel and i really felt at home there. <3 but with him gone, maby we can concider giving him a suprice visit where he works now someday?
Miff Miff <3

Nienna87

• Hi! Aurora/Nienna here
« Reply #12 on: 07.08.2013, 12:18:52 »

hi all  2 time up ill be at EF, and last year i missed the Ringberg hotel visit cus i was going home with friends by car .. this year ill be arriving by airplane early like 08:05 in Berlin Tegel  and thats the earlybird also, for me hehe.

starting my journy alreandy the 19th  (short discriptions why ) ill judt say i have to wait 7h´s in sweden at the airport befor 2h´s cheking in befor flight goes to Berlin Tegel..  m( stupig sweden  sometimes oh well..

so anny way id love to visit it befor EF convention starts for me that would be amazing if so (but im just one person) not sure ill be able after sadly cus of my flyght home and that 2h incheck befor plane goes back home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up