Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the overflow hotel more expensive?  (Read 5280 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Is the overflow hotel more expensive?
« on: 05.02.2013, 13:55:49 »

Hi everyone!

There's this meme-like rumour going around that the overflow hotel is significantly more expensive than the Maritim hotel. And what kinda bugs me a little is that apparently people just virally spread this nonsense around without actually checking the facts. So, let's do a littly reality check, shall we?

Price for double room / per person

BreakfastEarlyLateOverflowMaritim (Std)Maritim (Sup)
NNN-170 €210 €
NYN-225 €275 €
NYY-280 €340 €
YNN200 €242 €282 €
YYN250 €315 €365 €
YYY300 €388 €448 €

The only slight "disadvantage" the IC hotel has is that you can't book a room without breakfast. But even then, compared to a "superior" class room at the Maritim, the IC hotel always wins. And even when compared to the cheapest non-breakfast option at the Maritim, you have to admit that the added cost for the "mandatory" breakfast is in a very competetive range of €3-€7 per day, and I dare you to find breakfast for less than that anywhere else, let a lone a full-featured buffet. Unless you were planning to never eat in the mornings, you're actually making a bargain. And even if you did, the WORST CASE difference is €30 for the entire duration. Oh, and did I mention you also get a free ticket for ALL public transportation in Magdeburg that's worth about €15 on its own?

Really, if the fact that you can't unbook breakfast at the IC hotel breaks or makes the con for you, I wonder what you were planning to live off during those 4 crazy days in the first place :)

So, don't sit there and keep rotting on the waiting list for a room. Book a space at the IC hotel, as long as supply lasts. Right now the IC hotel doesn't seem to be in danger of filling up just yet, but we still have 6 months to go. More than 180 attendees have already opted for accomodation outside the Maritim, and the number is rising.  Don't end up hating yourself because you didn't get an overflow space while they were still available :)

« Last Edit: 05.02.2013, 14:11:53 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Is the overflow hotel more expensive?
« Reply #1 on: 05.02.2013, 14:16:50 »

Just a little addition: This assumes you're using the special Eurofurence rate. See our announcement for details on how to get it.
yours,

Cheetah

krakendwaggin

• Krakenplex Productions
« Reply #2 on: 06.02.2013, 10:00:06 »

If I can chirp in, as someone who has booked a -Suite- at the Intercity Hotel, the total cost for me and my mate was €570 from the Tuesday To Sunday, that works out to about €285 each, yes I know that rate is about €20 overall more expensive than we would've paid for a superior room at the Maritim with Early Arrival but this has the added bonus of including -breakfast-, I don't see how people are whining about it 'being more expensive' than the Maritim (whose breakfast if memory serves is a eye watering €17 each per day), yeah I'm saddened I don't get to be at that hotel this year because it's a lovely hotel but for the sake of a few minutes extra walk each day We've still got a hotel nearby that also includes breakfast at a very reasonable rate.

Either way I'm excited to be going to Eurofurence this year, as we all should really!

Just for clarification, I booked the room through the Intercity Hotel's website, yes they do offer a early bird rate but you have to pay in advance.

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Arctic fox
    • Norwegian Paws
« Reply #3 on: 06.02.2013, 14:30:55 »

A quick, slightly trivial question: anyone know when breakfast is served at the Intercity Hotel? Just curious whether or not I'll actually be awake to enjoy this benefit.

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #4 on: 06.02.2013, 19:53:28 »

weekdays 06:00 - 10:00, Sat/ Sun 07:00 - 11:00, were the times last year.

Ragear
Pages: [1]   Go Up