Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using the pool while having a room in the overflow hotel  (Read 4844 times)

Schorse

I ask because some friends would like to join us in the pool, but they stay in the ovrflow hotel. Is it allowed to use the hotel pool as an EF attendee but don't having a room at the Maritim? Or do we have to sort things out with the hotel staff at the reception?

Dhary Montecore

Re: Using the pool while having a room in the overflow hotel
« Reply #1 on: 05.02.2013, 19:49:29 »

I ask because some friends would like to join us in the pool, but they stay in the ovrflow hotel. Is it allowed to use the hotel pool as an EF attendee but don't having a room at the Maritim? Or do we have to sort things out with the hotel staff at the reception?

That question came up last year as well and so the hotel was asked for their official statement on this matter:

The official statement from the Hotel:

People who are no residents of the Maritim Hotel are NOT ALLOWED to enter the pool and sauna area unless they BUY a daily guest pass at the hotel reception. This pass costs 23 Euro per day.

So, I'm afraid that's your answer. :/

Kind regards,

Dhary

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Using the pool while having a room in the overflow hotel
« Reply #2 on: 05.02.2013, 22:58:27 »

Let me tell you a little fable:

A little boy lives in a little town. There is a pedestrian traffic light on the lonely contry road going through the town. Not many people drive by there, and most of the time, it looks like it's safe to cross the road, even without pushing the little button and wait two minutes. And there is not anybody around at night, anyways. But one day, the little boy has a bad conscience, and so he walks up to the town's sherriff, and asks him, "Dear Mr. Policeman! I have a question! Is it okay to cross the road at the red light, at night when nobody is there? I don't want to wait! And it's surely safe, because nobody is there!". But the policeman answers: "Of course it's not okay. The law says you have to stop at the red light at all times, it doesn't make an exception. Crossing a red light is illegal at any time and if I ever catch you doing so, I will have to fine you." - "But how will you do that at when there is nobody to report me?" - "From now on, I'll will be watching the traffic light for violators night and day, because I swore to uphold the law. That's my job. Sorry, boy."

I'll leave it to you to find out what the morale of the story might be :)
« Last Edit: 05.02.2013, 23:30:57 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up