Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RSS Feed  (Read 8536 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
RSS Feed
« on: 25.09.2006, 01:02:14 »

Hi!

I've increased the maximum message size for the RSS feed to 64k .. that means, most articles will now be fully available thru the RSS feed instead of only the first two lines.

We haven't solved the problem with the empty "sender" field yet. The problem is that the RSS module uses the posters email address to fill the "author" field ... however, if the poster has checked the "don't publish my email" box in his profile, the field will just be empty. We're going to change this to always also include the nickname, but that requires patching of the code, and Jaryic is at the moment trying to figure out how to properly write mod patches for SMF ... so stay tuned :)

yours,

Cheetah

Eisfuchs

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
    • Eisfuchs' Homepage
Re: RSS Feed
« Reply #1 on: 25.09.2006, 09:29:23 »

This is great news! I'm sure you will figure out how to include the sender :) RSS is just so much more convenient than having to click your way through a slow loading web site :)

Thanks again!
FUCHS - Seit 1972

Eisfuchs

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
    • Eisfuchs' Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 18.10.2006, 11:47:45 »

Bump

Still no sender in the RSS ...
FUCHS - Seit 1972

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 18.10.2006, 15:14:58 »

Still no sender in the RSS ...

Yup, but bumping won't help, because right now we've got more important things on our minds, sorry :) But waaaiiit .. I know you can write PHP code.  If you'd like to help, you could write a SMF-Mod yourself! I'd happily install it here. We're running 1.1rc3.

yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up