CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 7501 times)

Xenorett

Hello
« on: 10.06.2013, 20:11:17 »

Hi!

Joined here recently, basically coming from furaffinity. Thanks to some people and different circumstances, only recently found out who I am (technical term - furry) and why I like the things I do (animals, rewatching Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers etc.). As far as I can remember, I`m this way from childhood. Afterwards, while searching furries activities in Europe (USA to far away to go without bankruptcy :D), found out about Eurofurence (and some awesome videos on youtube). Definitely want to come next year, have to collect information and relearn German maybe :D

Personal question - does Your friends know about your furry "hobby"? As I`m 27y old male and I actually enjoy being a furry and doing the things I like. I know, that for most people furry stuff is some VERY weird activity (similar to anime fans), therefore I`m keeping this information to myself at the moment :D. What is Your experience? What Your friends think?

Xenorett from Latvia

PATROL

• Convention Security Operative
  • Roads? How boring!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 11.06.2013, 01:04:59 »

I think one of the best places to get informations like that would be FurAffinity forums. Those are large and many express their opinions there. I'm not sure which "VERY weird activities" you have in mind and of whom are you reffering as "most people". But I assure you that here, there is nothing weirder than it is in any other fandom or community whatsoever.

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

Xenorett

« Reply #2 on: 11.06.2013, 08:31:53 »

Thought about it carefully and You are right - indeed the basic idea of fandom/community is to connect with people with similar interests and to have fun. Doesn`t matter, if it's Star Wars, anime or furries. I guess being weird depends on ones personal view.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #3 on: 11.06.2013, 21:16:37 »

Wuffles and welcome aboard to the forums.
More is more.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #4 on: 13.06.2013, 15:38:06 »

Welcome aboard :)
As for your question: being furry doesn't make you incompatible with "normal" people - actually many people are crazy about something. Many non-furry friends I have don't know about it - and it doesn't matter as it's nothing I have to talk about all the time. Some do and the reaction was always positive (but then they had contact to other furries already).
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Xenorett

« Reply #5 on: 17.06.2013, 11:34:49 »

I thought about it as I read other posts and came to conclusion - this is (awesome) hobby and should be treated as such :). But thanks for Your opinions.

A. Rakiri

« Reply #6 on: 30.07.2013, 01:23:18 »

hello and welcome to EF forums :3 *hugs*
Pages: [1]   Go Up