Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feathers at the art show?  (Read 7507 times)

Schiraki

feathers at the art show?
« on: 19.06.2013, 19:29:22 »

Hello everyone,

I have just a little question.
I want to bring a dreamcatcher to the art show, but I dont know if feathers are allowed here.
Because fur and leather is not, I want to be on the safe side. ;)

Every feather is gathered by me, so no animal was harmed here.

Greetings Schiraki

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
Re: feathers at the art show?
« Reply #1 on: 20.06.2013, 01:19:18 »

If the feathers have been lost by the bird naturally, and the bird not been killed for harvesting, this is fine.
Just as a dog hair sweater would be, if the hair has been collected with a comb.

Thanks for asking.

Schiraki

« Reply #2 on: 20.06.2013, 16:59:47 »

Thank you for the fast reply  ^^

Ralesk

« Reply #3 on: 25.06.2013, 23:03:39 »

If the feathers have been lost by the bird naturally, and the bird not been killed for harvesting, this is fine.
Just as a dog hair sweater would be, if the hair has been collected with a comb.

Thanks for asking.

Some places have stricter laws about this, eg. if you're seen with a collected feather of a protected bird, you would be assumed to have killed said animal.  Not sure how much this applies to Germany and whatnot.

And now I'm reminded about Meeko's feather painting workshop at the 2005 EF :)  Had great fun there.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #4 on: 25.06.2013, 23:50:14 »

Some places have stricter laws about this, eg. if you're seen with a collected feather of a protected bird, you would be assumed to have killed said animal.  Not sure how much this applies to Germany and whatnot.

Haven't heard about such a law, but I'm talking about Art Show rules only, anyway. If something is illegal in general, it is naturally just as illegal in the Show. But we can't be expected to check every possible law against each entry, especially when we don't have the slightest expertise like in the field of protected birds and their feathers - I have a hard time telling a seagull from a peacock  ;D

Schiraki

« Reply #5 on: 27.06.2013, 19:34:39 »

Some places have stricter laws about this, eg. if you're seen with a collected feather of a protected bird, you would be assumed to have killed said animal.  Not sure how much this applies to Germany and whatnot.

And now I'm reminded about Meeko's feather painting workshop at the 2005 EF :)  Had great fun there.

We have this law in germany but I know what feathers I have here and I would never use feathers of a protected bird in my creations.
I dont want someone to get trouble at the airport because of some shiny feathers at a dreamcatcher. ^^

I use duck, peacock and chicken feathers. So there is no risk of a broken law. ;)

(And I am sorry for my bad english)
Pages: [1]   Go Up