Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American fur needed for Operation: Cards Against Humanity Get!  (Read 10632 times)

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Arctic fox
    • Norwegian Paws

Anyone travelling from the US who have a bit of extra luggage room?

I'm interested in getting my paws on a copy of the game Cards Against Humanity, but sadly it's not offered here in Europe (though it's occasionally available through resellers, who will often try selling it for triple its retail price).

So if anyone would be willing to act as an intermediary (receiving the game in the US, bringing the game to Eurofurence, and meeting up with me for delivery), that would be most awesome, and I would be a very thankful fox!

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf

There's a couple of UK people coming over that might already have a set. Try asking on the UKFur forums as well, since not all of them browse the EF ones.
More is more.

Fangz

• FangzWuff / T-Fang

Ya can get the complete game on ebay for about 80$ + shipping thats "only" a 30% priceup, not too terrible. Ending up just right above price of a new full price pc/xbox game :P

Now I wanna order that ^^

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Arctic fox
    • Norwegian Paws

There's a couple of UK people coming over that might already have a set. Try asking on the UKFur forums as well, since not all of them browse the EF ones.

Well, I'm looking to buy a set, not just play it at the convention. Thank you for the tip, though! Might try posting there too.

Ya can get the complete game on ebay for about 80$ + shipping thats "only" a 30% priceup, not too terrible. Ending up just right above price of a new full price pc/xbox game :P

Now I wanna order that ^^

Do you mean this one? The price itself isn't too bad; the core set is originally 25 and the expansions 10 each, which is a total of 55 USD, so selling at 75 USD is 20 USD more. But then there's the added shipping of 40 USD on top of that. So it's 60 USD more. Plus, there's the possibility of additional customs type fees. A bit too much for me right now, alas.

Should do a bulk order and sell all the extra copies to the other Norwegian furs!

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK

I got mine from amazon.com via ShopUSA. I don't know the full price, because I ordered the 2nd and 3rd expansion as they came out.

But there's a good chance it's easier and cheaper than ebay.

VulpesRex

I'm interested in getting my paws on a copy of the game Cards Against Humanity, but sadly it's not offered here in Europe (though it's occasionally available through resellers, who will often try selling it for triple its retail price).

So if anyone would be willing to act as an intermediary (receiving the game in the US, bringing the game to Eurofurence, and meeting up with me for delivery), that would be most awesome, and I would be a very thankful fox!

I will likely have some free space in my luggage - but after looking up the game on Wikipedia, I'm wondering why the game is not offered in Europe.  Is it a prohibited item for some reason?  Does it run afoul of some EU Decency Standard?

Is there any reason at all that I might come to regret letting a German Customs Officer find it in my luggage?  For example, no proscribed graphic symbols or icons from the regime in power mid-30's until the end of the war?
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK

I will likely have some free space in my luggage - but after looking up the game on Wikipedia, I'm wondering why the game is not offered in Europe.  Is it a prohibited item for some reason?  Does it run afoul of some EU Decency Standard?

Is there any reason at all that I might come to regret letting a German Customs Officer find it in my luggage?  For example, no proscribed graphic symbols or icons from the regime in power mid-30's until the end of the war?

The game contains only written text, and none that would cross any of the german laws concerning nazi symbols or speech.

VulpesRex

The game contains only written text, and none that would cross any of the german laws concerning nazi symbols or speech.

Alright.  Miles, I have sent you a personal message.  Will await reply.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Arctic fox
    • Norwegian Paws

Done and done! Thanks a bunch, VulpesRex.

Shaman

• Games Corner

Would anyone be willing to bring their copy to the Game Corner to play? I had been planning on borrowing a copy for EF but that plan fell through.

VulpesRex

Done and done! Thanks a bunch, VulpesRex.

Miles, your shipment from Amazon arrived at my headquarters on Monday afternoon; I'll give details in a PM, but your cardgame is (I believe, since I haven't opened the shipping box) safely in my possession.

Token

• Convention Security Operative
  • *nom nom nom*

Funny nobody mentioned it yet:
The base-version is available for download at http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/ - free of charge (creative commons)

In most languages!

Greetings
Token

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK

Funny nobody mentioned it yet:
The base-version is available for download at http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/ - free of charge (creative commons)

In most languages!

Greetings
Token

But it requires printing, or getting it printed, so the result isn't as nice.

And you can't download the expansions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up