Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emissions Stickers  (Read 8000 times)

Rorschfox

• Rorschfox's FA Page (NSFW)
Emissions Stickers
« on: 24.09.2013, 23:34:27 »

As a foxy who's very much looking forward to attending EF20 in Berlin next year, I've got a quick question to ask.

A few years ago, I recall something being mentioned about the vignette scheme. Since I'll be driving to EF from the UK, I was wondering: am I right in thinking I need to get an emissions sticker for my car, in order to be able to enter Berlin?

(I believe that, as a 2013 VW Up, my car would be group 4/green if it needs such a sticker.)

Please could someone let me know if I'm right about this?

Raider

Re: Emissions Stickers
« Reply #1 on: 24.09.2013, 23:47:30 »

This area in Berlin requires an vignette:

It looks like the Hotel is outside this zone by about 200 meters. The blue circle in the attached picture marks the hotel. I would get one to be on the safe side.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 24.09.2013, 23:50:26 by Raider »

Rorschfox

• Rorschfox's FA Page (NSFW)
« Reply #2 on: 25.09.2013, 07:35:04 »

Thank you for the quick response, Raider!

Looking at that map, I'll definitely be getting one of those emissions stickers, then. The chances are that I'll be passing through the green zone to get to the hotel, so I'm erring on the side of caution.

Thank you once again for the information!

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #3 on: 25.09.2013, 10:27:07 »

I am glad to already have that sticker because I drive to Germany regularly, but it always stupefied me as what the exact rules are.

Here is a link that explains it: http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/germany-mainmenu-61

Short summery (as of 25 sept 2013):
Foreign verhicles also need to have an umwelt sticker (german it's called 'umwelt plakaat').
They cost 12,50 euro and can be bought online (see that link for details)
You get a 40 euro fine if you do not have the sticker inside an 'umwelt zone' OR
are driving in an 'umwelt zone' (green, yellow or red) that does not permit your verhicle from entering.

If you have a green sticker you can drive anywhere.
If you have yellow or red, you can only drive in 'umwelt zones' that permits that color.

In general cars made past 2005 meet the requirements for the green sticker, even large diesel busses.

SouthPaw

« Reply #4 on: 27.09.2013, 00:13:22 »

I am glad to already have that sticker because I drive to Germany regularly, but it always stupefied me as what the exact rules are.

The colour of sticker depends on what emissions standard your vehicle meets.

For petrol it's nice and simple: No catalytic converter (i.e. using Leaded or Lead Replacement petrol) means you don't get a sticker. If you've got a cat (i.e. own a car manufactured from 1993 onwards), you get a Green sticker.

For diesel it's more complex: If your vehicle doesn't meet at least Euro II standards, you don't get a sticker; Euro II you get Red; Euro III you get Yellow; and Euro IV or higher you get Green.

At the entrance to each Environmental Zone, there'll be a sign telling you what colour sticker you need to legally enter it. This will either be Green; Yellow or Green; or Red, Yellow or Green. Enter with the wrong colour (or no sticker at all) and you're liable to a fixed penalty.

The sticker is specific to your vehicle and doesn't expire...and can be obtained at a Vehicle Testing Centre in Germany for 5€.
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Arctic Steve

« Reply #5 on: 04.10.2013, 01:12:55 »

Are motorbikes exempt? I'm considering riding there on my current restoration project, a 1985 Suzuki GSX550EFE. Here in the UK, it's exempt from emission tests.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 04.10.2013, 09:39:24 »

Motorbikes are exempt.
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up