Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: EF19 Feedback  (Read 45376 times)

krakendwaggin

• Krakenplex Productions
EF19 Feedback
« on: 26.08.2013, 21:34:40 »

Guys, what can I say?

The city turning out for us like they did was simply astounding, I'm never going to forget this Eurofurence for many years.

In summary it was an amazing convention and I have little to no negatives to bring up, reason being is that anything I could mention I know was beyond anyone's control because it was just so intense and so crazy this year, in example the water station on the fursuit parade, as soon as it got pointed out, it got swamped, I kinda went 'sod it' and kept going but as I said, I know this was beyond peoples control.

But I can say in positive, the dealers den's were great, the snack bar was a wonderful addition, the fursuit lounge was as always a pleasure to be able to use, so to you all, thank you so much, I look forward to next year!

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
Re: EF19 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 27.08.2013, 01:05:24 »

Yeah, it was awesome, there are like no reasons to complain :D

The Pawpet show was great and the soundtrack awesome. I loved the underwater scene background *_*

The dance contest had a lot of talented people, hard to decide who was the best. My bad slow camera made a photo when someone was jumping. Funny conicidence xD

And the Fureoke night was damn AWESOME! There is nothing better than the old 70s-90s music and a lot of people singing it! Too bad I missed the beginning because the Fursuit Games were at the same time. I wanted to go back to my hotel when the games were over and just have a short peek what was going up at the fureoke. Yeah.. I stayed till the end xD
Pleas next year at the same time again!

Wow, so many people were at the Parade O_O
Sometimes there was not enough space for th suiter, but it was still funny. But please don't make it longer than 2km. My feet were killing me x_X

The Fursuit Friendly dance was nice. I just missed a mix of some known songs like in the first hour last year. But I'm glad that some songs were remixed or a few played completly without being remixed. Maybe a bit shorter remixes and more differnt songs and it's perfect. At least I stayed..
The Big Blue dance was ok. I didn't stay long, because at 2am there was hey-look-i-have-bass like music. Don't like if it just goes wobwobwob.

It was nice to see some people who love plush like I do at the plush panel :)
Too bad we didn't have more time to talk. >.<

And remember that big fan in the Fursuit Lounge? Make a room full of them and call it storm-room. It would be heaven xD

And now something regarding my conticket.
Wtf happened to my nickname? Why is "Suicune" missing? Was Starfighter Suicune too long? And who shortened it without giving me an info about it? I didn't see a message about length limitation..
Well, I could have complained about it, but I don't have the nerve to fight with problems when I just want to have fun. And since saturday I think it's kinda funny having a bugged ticket

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #2 on: 27.08.2013, 10:16:47 »

A big thank you to everyone who helped organizing EF. It was great.

I was promised there'd be an endless queue at the registration - at tuesday evening, I only had to wait a few minutes. That was a nice surprise.

I hope the roomkey-function of the badges will work better next year, having to carry an extra card that couldn't be attached to the badge was slightly annoying. Especially when fursuiting and not having pockets for extra cards.

I especially liked the parade at the Zoo. That was a great idea, I hope we can do that at Berlin too.

The conbooks are very nice, and the pocket planner was good. The only thing I'd criticise here was the flashmob/mall party thing on wednesday, which wasn't described enough. I asked at the ConOps office, but they didn't know either, so I missed that event.
With all other problems and questions, the ConOps office was very helpful. I once lost my badges, and they were found within few minutes. (Thanks to whoebver found them and handed them in.)

Another nice detail: Conshirts ins size XS. Many cons only offer the standard sizes S-XXL, so thanks for thinking of small people too ^^.

The fursuit parade was lots of fun. I got stuck in the crowd when leaving the hotel, but I think that cannot be avoided unless you'd put up fences, which would look stupid and block us from having photos with people.

I probably forgot half of the things now, so I'll just say: Thanks again to everyone, I had a great time!

Kralle

• Wireless & EF Prime Tech
« Reply #3 on: 27.08.2013, 11:11:27 »

And now something regarding my conticket.
Wtf happened to my nickname? Why is "Suicune" missing? Was Starfighter Suicune too long? And who shortened it without giving me an info about it? I didn't see a message about length limitation..

Just tell next time and we do a reprint. QC is a pain in the ass for 1400 Badges.

Arctic Steve

« Reply #4 on: 27.08.2013, 11:37:33 »

What can I say, it was absolutely fantastic! The fursuit parade was exceptional and i'm glad I brought my camelbak with me, makes public suiting way more easier.

The walk and the people of Magdeburg will be in my memory for years to come and I'll miss the Maritim.  I got the walk from both my worn Go Pro and a friend with my camera & tripod.

See you all next year ^^

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #5 on: 27.08.2013, 13:13:25 »

From the top of my head:

1) Security at the elevators to help fursuiters. I only saw it once or twice but wow, thank you for taking time to do that. I was a bit annoyed to realise even with Security telling people "fursuiters first" people would still stare and attempt to enter the elevator though (hugs to the seccie who kept his cool despite this and went like "uh, no")...I totally appreciate Security doing this but guys: fursuits. go. first. You can wait or take the stairs if you're on the first, second or third floor. It is -really- rude to shove a fursuiter aside and it's earned some of you an elbow in the ribs from me. I hope this issue will be less in the new hotel, but I again want to emphasise I really appreciate security trying to help with this. It comes down to common sense and good behaviour though...

2) Another yay for Security: thank you for calming me down when I finally lost it at yet another creep bothering me in the fursuit lounge of all places. Great handling there -- I apologise to the seccie guy that got to hear the worst of my annoyance, good on you for staying professional with this raging woman haha. Special thanks go out to the kind Security lady who took time to talk to me afterwards, it was nice and reassuring to talk to someone who really knows what it's like to hear excuse upon excuse, as I was just so fed up about the behaviour of some of the attendees this year. Maybe she should be called whenever a lady is furious ;-)

Heck Security in general: thank you. I know it's a big convention with tons of people and I'm pleased with how complaints were handled. Swiftly and fairly. You guys put a lot of work into this and it showed.

3) The huge fan at the fursuit lounge. I know the rental company had issues delivering, but it was solved nicely with that big fan.

4) The Dead Dog party. Ace, please be the DJ at the fursuit friendly dance next year?

5) This point I ask you to please correct me on if I'm wrong: the fursuit friendly dance seemed too fast-paced and there were zero familiar songs in the first hour. I know it's hard to please everyone, but for a fursuit friendly dance I'd expect music that is dancable...look at the difference between amount of suiters dancing at Ace's set vs the fursuit friendly dance. IMHO, it's best to start out with slower paced music and then go to the fast beat-y stuff.  
However, I heard it might be because it's not allowed to use copyrighted music due to German law? In that case, ignore this one point, because then I totally understand the music choice.

6) The fursuit photoshoot before the dance....maybe next year we can have some people directing the fursuiters? People were standing for quite a long time before finally getting instructions....only to stand in a completely different way. There were two fans which we tried to get turned on while in suit because people were overheating, but there was no way to plug them in. Last year it went a lot more smooth so I'm not sure what happened. Best would be to have people heard the shee-- I mean fursuiters and give a clear signal when the photographer is ready so people do not stand around overheating. Plus, turn on the two fans if possible or open the doors since no music is played during the photoshoot anyway.

7) The fursuit lounge extension during Dead Dog: thank. you. so. much. I know it was a lot of extra work/time for the team, so THANK YOU :)
« Last Edit: 27.08.2013, 13:16:31 by Sithy »
Registration & Social Media staff

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #6 on: 27.08.2013, 13:32:00 »

5) This point I ask you to please correct me on if I'm wrong: the fursuit friendly dance seemed too fast-paced and there were zero familiar songs in the first hour. I know it's hard to please everyone, but for a fursuit friendly dance I'd expect music that is dancable...look at the difference between amount of suiters dancing at Ace's set vs the fursuit friendly dance. IMHO, it's best to start out with slower paced music and then go to the fast beat-y stuff.  
However, I heard it might be because it's not allowed to use copyrighted music due to German law? In that case, ignore this one point, because then I totally understand the music choice.
Music choice is difficult to discuss. It'll never please all attendees.
I actually liked the music at the first two hours of the fursuit friendly dance. For me, it had a good pace.

Another point I forgot to mention about the Fursuit Friendly Dance: Sometimes the fog was a bit too much. I was in the middle of the dancefloor and wanted to go outside, and needed someone to point out in which direction the door was. Not sure if I was the only one with that problem.

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #7 on: 27.08.2013, 13:34:52 »

I would like to remind all the Peter Jackson adepts that the dance floor main purpose is for *dancing*, it's not a movie studio, you are the extra load there, not the dancers, so watch your steps

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #8 on: 27.08.2013, 13:46:00 »

Music choice is difficult to discuss. It'll never please all attendees.
I actually liked the music at the first two hours of the fursuit friendly dance. For me, it had a good pace.

It's not so much about pleasing as it is about variety IMHO, like I said, look at the difference between fursuiters dancing at Ace's set vs fursuit friendly dance. Fursuit friendly to me suggests it should be dancable and not just high-paced all the time. Emphasis on 'all the time'.

edited to add: I'm also not looking to turn this into a music discussion btw, just wanted to point it out -- that's all.

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #9 on: 27.08.2013, 13:53:34 »

6) The fursuit photoshoot before the dance....maybe next year we can have some people directing the fursuiters? People were standing for quite a long time before finally getting instructions....only to stand in a completely different way. There were two fans which we tried to get turned on while in suit because people were overheating, but there was no way to plug them in. Last year it went a lot more smooth so I'm not sure what happened. Best would be to have people heard the shee-- I mean fursuiters and give a clear signal when the photographer is ready so people do not stand around overheating. Plus, turn on the two fans if possible or open the doors since no music is played during the photoshoot anyway.

Since I was there: that "long time standing" issue happened because the arial platform that Thalian wanted to use for the shoot just decided to bite the dust and refused to work, so 5 people (including the photographer) were busy and 100% focussed on getting it back to work ASAP rather than delaying it further with stopping to give lengthy explanations. :)
Official Something

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #10 on: 27.08.2013, 14:07:04 »

Thank you, we weren't able to see that in suit  ;D I figured something was wrong since it went so smooth last year (at least, it went smooth in my opinion, I saw some other opinions there.) Maybe shout at everyone next time so we know and can go back to the lounge if need be.

djem

• Stage Team
« Reply #11 on: 27.08.2013, 14:50:27 »

4) The Dead Dog party. Ace, please be the DJ at the fursuit friendly dance next year?

The fact is at the moment both dance's offer almost the same kind of music, the same atmoshphere ect... just the BBF one goes harder with time :)

Ace music selection at the dead dog party was just really wide in genres, it could be good for a fursuit dance, but then it's a new concept !

Vector

« Reply #12 on: 27.08.2013, 15:13:38 »

The fursuit friendly dance set was really nice this year and I appreciate that was not again all the cheesy music we all know and we have every year.

The GoH were awesome and the panels maybe the best ones I have ever attended in any con (furry or not). The event at the Zoo was great too. Great week !

Thanks also for the security guys, when a cyclist punched my paw very violently you were in sight and I felt instantly more secure. My hand was not broken but it hurted a lot.

The only sad thing is no one (attendee or security) talked to me right after this, I was feeling very very bad, I was about to collapse from the distress so I had to leave the place quickly, trying to stay in character.

"I used to be an Eurofurence attendee like you, but then I took a Laden to the knee."

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #13 on: 27.08.2013, 15:19:14 »

DDP Fursuit Dance was The Hit (tm), i danced so much very my ass (and feed;) off until shut down, i am ashame sad to miss some hours at the beginning.
Please please again next year  ::)

Fursuit Friendly Dance at Thursday sounded also very good.
Sadly i missed it because of an long event while his beginning and toooo tired later because of the long PPS rehearsal nght before.
But i checked the musik on EF Prime time by time, and got amazed by the speed and sort of music (and is was not the often plamed 80th stuff!).
I hardly cant prevend to get my sore body/brain to get in suit ;)
Who did DJ the Fursuit Friendly Dance ?
Get him todo it again at EF20   8)
« Last Edit: 27.08.2013, 15:22:07 by Furvan »
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 27.08.2013, 15:30:25 »

About the Fursuit Friendly Dance: Generally we think that Caida did a great job at the Fursuit Dance, it was already much better attended than it was last year - the music selection was fresh, very "big room" selection with lots of driving, melodic crowd pleasers. However of course we all saw how the place exploded during the dead dog - so we're already discussing ideas. Maybe we will have more than just one DJ next year, for the added variety and try out how that works. We will keep you guys posted about that.
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up