Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: EF19 Feedback  (Read 45367 times)

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
Re: EF19 Feedback
« Reply #15 on: 27.08.2013, 15:35:35 »

Thank you, we weren't able to see that in suit  ;D I figured something was wrong since it went so smooth last year (at least, it went smooth in my opinion, I saw some other opinions there.) Maybe shout at everyone next time so we know and can go back to the lounge if need be.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but we all know what it means to tell a room with more than 500 fursuiters that they can take a break due to technical issues, and tell them to come back 5 minutes later. :)

Seriously, sometimes it's better to just shut up and fix the problem. There are times when you will not find the perfect solution for your problem. :)
Official Something

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #16 on: 27.08.2013, 15:47:20 »

I would like to remind all the Peter Jackson adepts that the dance floor main purpose is for *dancing*, it's not a movie studio, you are the extra load there, not the dancers, so watch your steps

Amen. I think there's a couple too many cameras around actually, but what can you do. Blanket photography bans would hurt the virality of the phenomenon that is Eurofurence, and seems anachronistic to boot.

Thygrrr Darkfurre

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #17 on: 27.08.2013, 15:56:25 »

I would like to remind all the Peter Jackson adepts that the dance floor main purpose is for *dancing*, it's not a movie studio, you are the extra load there, not the dancers, so watch your steps

Amen. I think there's a couple too many cameras around actually, but what can you do. Blanket photography bans would hurt the virality of the phenomenon that is Eurofurence, and seems anachronistic to boot.

As a matter of fact, we've discussed this matter before. We can't do anything about it but remind people to be careful and use common courtesy. Banning cameras from any event whatsoever requires a pretty damn good reason, or the spirit of the con would be killed immediately.
Official Something

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #18 on: 27.08.2013, 16:25:15 »

Breaking the combo:

Earlier on I was discussing taking 'won' artwork from the Art Show back to your room with someone. Seeing as the lobby is a public space with random people and even kids walking around, I imagine it's not always appreciated when people are openly carrying some of the more... risque pieces from the back of the Art Show. Some art now has the packaging material available to go with the art itself, but not all. My suggestion: is it possible to hand out some of that cheap brown packaging paper they sometimes have in stores? I have no clue how big of an issue this is, or how expensive a roll or two of that stuff would be. It's just an idea, up to you to decide what (if anything) to do with it.
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #19 on: 27.08.2013, 16:30:59 »

Oh my, I really don't know where to begin ...

It was my second furry con and therefore second Eurofurence and all I can say is, that it almost doubled in awesomeness from last year.
I greatly enjoyed myself and sincerly want to thank every fur, be it staff, director, volunteers or attendees/suiters itself involved in making this event happen again and again every year.
You - guys - are - all - so - damn - AWESOME <3

Like Sithy already wrote, major props to the entire security team for handling the situations in a professional manner like you did last year and also for the damn good work at the parade.
It was my first parade attending in fullsuit and damn, I didn't expect SO MANY PEOPLE - I was overjoyed seeing all those suiters, citizens of Magdeburg wanting to take pictures from and with us
and really made us feel loved and wanted there, so heartwarming. And all the people who wanted to high-five me or take a pic with me, all smiling and being happy, this makes me proud to be a
furry and fursuiter, because we're doing it right :3

Sadly though the parade got more or less ripped in "two halves" with me being stuck in the last half who had to wait quite a bit of time on the same spot,
really getting warmed up in the direct sunlight and nowhere to go - but that can't be blamed on anyone because the streets were literally filled with fluff and people.
On another note, next year I gotta poke the security guy with my otterclaws (in a playfull way) who rushed a cart into my backside/tail, making me nearly fall, I'mma get you, whoever you are xD

Another thing I want to really compliment you guys and Pinky on are the charity support you pull through every year.
Seeing the organization-woman of the Wildtierhilfe almost break down crying and shaking after hearing how much money we collected in just so very few days almost made me started to cry myself,
I feared she would drop the albino accidentally at some point ^^;
I'm really proud to be a furry and belonging to such an awesome community that cares and helps such organizations,
so major thanks to all the charity team and all the people who donated and organized events to gather more <3 <3
How much did we end up collecting anyway? I know that the 15.000€ wasn't the final number, since so many fursuiters and events after the PawPetShow still gathered more :3

I also wrote it in another thread here, but I also want to express my thanks to the fursuit lounge team and their helpers, always keeping things running,
filled up and even extending the opening hours of the lounge because of the (damn awesome) DeadDogParty! It was a blast of a party!

All in all another excellent and awesome Eurofurence - so again - thanks to all the people behind the scenes to make it happen!
Will definately try to come next year again and all the following years, Eurofurence has branded itself in my yearly vacation schedule as an event I don't want to miss,
able to meet old longtime friends from other places and countries, meeting new people and just having a good time while making the people around me happy as well, cannot it get any better? :3
Even though I'm not really fond of the new location in Berlin I'll try to be there next year, to join at yet another awesome experience!

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #20 on: 27.08.2013, 16:35:55 »

As a matter of fact, we've discussed this matter before. We can't do anything about it but remind people to be careful and use common courtesy. Banning cameras from any event whatsoever requires a pretty damn good reason, or the spirit of the con would be killed immediately.

Yep, it's just our Zeitgeist, and We have to tolerate, if not embrace it. Also, some of the footage is really unique and a valuable tool in fighting PCD and, as I said, adding momentum to the furry "movement". Furry media has come such a long way in the past 10 years alone.

And I think politely telling the camera folks to step aside when they really get in the way isn't too hard.
« Last Edit: 27.08.2013, 16:38:30 by Thygrrr »
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #21 on: 27.08.2013, 16:56:52 »

I would not expect a ban or anything like that, many furries live by and for the photographies and movies they do.

I dont mind people with camera, as long as they dont bump or run into you because they are so focused on their fursuite prey they ignore the rest of the world.

theoretically that should be covered by the "General Behavior" content in the ConBook, but then im not sure people really read that page.

maybe remind people about it verbally at next year Opening Ceremony?
that should get to the most people in just one sentence I think.

« Last Edit: 27.08.2013, 16:58:27 by Fafnir Kristensen »

Blacktail

• Art Show
« Reply #22 on: 27.08.2013, 17:24:29 »

Breaking the combo:

Earlier on I was discussing taking 'won' artwork from the Art Show back to your room with someone. Seeing as the lobby is a public space with random people and even kids walking around, I imagine it's not always appreciated when people are openly carrying some of the more... risque pieces from the back of the Art Show. Some art now has the packaging material available to go with the art itself, but not all. My suggestion: is it possible to hand out some of that cheap brown packaging paper they sometimes have in stores? I have no clue how big of an issue this is, or how expensive a roll or two of that stuff would be. It's just an idea, up to you to decide what (if anything) to do with it.

Noted and thanks for the idea I think it would be a good addition to the show and we from the Artshow will discuss it further

Luchs

• IT Department
  • Stay humble.
« Reply #23 on: 27.08.2013, 19:54:57 »

I've safely arrived home yesterday, returning from the first Eurofurence I've attended, and the first con during which I've been wearing a fursuit. The short summary: It was a blast!

I had almost no waiting time at the registration, and all formalities were hassle-free and quick with no surprises, because everything was either explained on site, or already mentioned on the homepage / during the emails. Staff has been friendly and helpful at all times and I've had no issues with any of them.

My personal highlight: The fursuit programs and lounge.

The "Fursuit" program (and lounge) were incredible, and simply awesome! The walk at the Zoo, the flashmob at the mall and the suit walk were wonderfully organized. There was enough information to answer any "how" and "where" questions, there's always been water supplies and security/helpers to guide the path and minimize problems. The lounge itself... well; it's the first time I've seen one - and it's amazing what you guys offer as a service in there! Having cooling pipes and racks to put the suit parts on, drinks and some salty snacks, dozens and dozens of fans, antibacterial spray (I brought and used lot of my own because I didn't expect any of that) and even a repair kit available just blew me away. Literally. ;) Even though all that certainly maxed out on its capacity (so many suits!) it made the experience a blast for me, and allowed me to wear my suit much more often, because it was just incredibly easy and convenient to store it in the lounge and have it dry in no time. Not to mention the Fursuit Photoshooting - it was so much fun, and the team there was actually interested in making good photos, and not just work down the batch of those who signed up. I was glad for all the help and advice I got on where to stand, which poses to try to make it look good. Thank you for all of that to everyone involved!

The only part where I really wish it'd have been solved differently was the waiting time for the big events. I know how complex stage setup can be for those, and it seems nobody really expects the doors to open on time - regardless of whether it's for the opening ceremonies, the story hour, the fursuit game show or the pawpet show; but the lack of communication can be really frustrating, and waiting for almost 2 hours is no fun at all, which made me leave the queue and skip the event. If the anticipated delays are small and predictable (at the time when it's supposed to launch), please be more communicative. Giving the first announcement 45 minutes after the planned opening time is too late to help people accomodate, and if the preparation time is really unpredictable, maybe it'd be worth finding a different method for the seating, like putting up "pull a number" ticket rolls, and calling out some ranges (1-50, 51-99, whatever) just like during aircraft boarding. :) But once again, please accept this as constructive feedback. The convention was a blast, but when you're together with many awesome people and your time is limited to the duration of the con, spending it "doing nothing" (aka: waiting for... information... or the doors to open) is frustrating.

I really look forward to the next convention - and I'm sure it'll be just as wonderful. And maybe there'll be a spot somewhere where I can lend a paw and contribute my part, too.

~Luchs

Bigwig

• Suitname: Shadowhunter
« Reply #24 on: 28.08.2013, 01:07:03 »

First it was a wonderfull Con ;) I really would love more than one DJ idea for FFD. DJ's always tend to know what is good for you but just serve more or less a majority ignoring many minority wishes. I prefer the confuzzled way with many DJs each evening. Then I have the freedom of choice at which hour to dance. It would especially accommodate the broad majority of furs not dancing all night long.

Then there was the story with the lifts and I admit it still upsets me:
Would people stand in the sponsor's line when they are none? No - because it is against the rules and each attempt incidence would have serious consequences.
Would people stay in the lift when one of the front lifts was temporarily broken down and 4 suiters waitet minutes to get up? Hell yes! - because it is has no consequences at all!

I addressed a person going from ground level to conference level (I knew as he had pressed 'C') to go by foot to get a fourth worn out fursuiter in and he watched me obviously understanding me and obviously knowing I could do nothing more than asking. And why is that? Because he knew it would have no consequences if I had reported him and rather kicked me out off the con when I had kicked him out of the lift. And why is that? Because you give recommendations rather than rules.

How about a simple rule like that: Each full-fursuiter has the authority to ask any non-fursuiter (which has no good reason to stay) to leave the lift if there is no space for both. I saw a lot of people waiting a long time in front of the lift just to press '1' or '2'. Imagine you need level '6' as a worn-out fursuiter. And take into account it got about half a degree warmer which each level. I resolved the case squeezing the rest of the people together ignoring complains of none-suiters in the back until there was space left for the last fursuiter (and wouldn't really be surprised at all if someone now is so bold to critize me for that).

Another issue: A person gave me in front of the hotel in fursuit a beer shower by having an open bottle permanently in his paw squeezing it tight with a thumb and then scritching me in fursuit turning the bootle accidently upside down and as it was carbonated spraying my fursuit with it. Probably it was no intention and the fur luckily didn't end sticky. I dunno what can be done here just want to point out: Drunken people with open bottles mingeling with crowds - especially with fursuiters - are a problem.
« Last Edit: 28.08.2013, 01:21:48 by Bigwig »

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #25 on: 28.08.2013, 01:26:33 »

Thank you all for your praises and the feedback!

The security team will work on a solution for the elevator-problem. :3

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #26 on: 28.08.2013, 09:36:16 »

Something else I forgot to mention:
One evening there was a team of ladies in red dresses in the lobby handing out energy drinks for promotion. (Sadly, I cannot remember what day it was.)
Some of my friends and me found it quite annoying to be bothered with sales promotions during the con. I wouldn't mind about things related to con theme - like some animal charity, or plushies, or furry-themed movies and the like. But a team trying to sell stuff that has nothing to do with the con kind of ruined the atmosphere.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #27 on: 28.08.2013, 10:56:02 »

Something else I forgot to mention:
One evening there was a team of ladies in red dresses in the lobby handing out energy drinks for promotion. (Sadly, I cannot remember what day it was.)
Some of my friends and me found it quite annoying to be bothered with sales promotions during the con. I wouldn't mind about things related to con theme - like some animal charity, or plushies, or furry-themed movies and the like. But a team trying to sell stuff that has nothing to do with the con kind of ruined the atmosphere.

This! I found it absolutely tasteless (that they were there, I didn't taste the energy drink).

Lumo

• KittyFox
« Reply #28 on: 28.08.2013, 11:13:21 »

Also what was up with the kid and those random non-furry people running around in dealers den? I heard the kids looked to even be of age enough to know what they see. I was not there myself at that point, cause if i was i would have asked them kindly to leave the room.

But beside that, the con was awesome! I loved it, and it was so much fun! Cant wait for next year =D
I have a feeling next year will be even better, even tho it will be hard to beat all the fun it was this year ^^
Im really exited to fursuit in Berlin, and it will be soooo much easier to get to the convention location <3 see ya there.
Miff Miff <3

Junmap

• Convention Security Operative
« Reply #29 on: 28.08.2013, 11:16:10 »

2) Another yay for Security: thank you for calming me down when I finally lost it at yet another creep bothering me in the fursuit lounge of all places. Great handling there -- I apologise to the seccie guy that got to hear the worst of my annoyance, good on you for staying professional with this raging woman haha. Special thanks go out to the kind Security lady who took time to talk to me afterwards, it was nice and reassuring to talk to someone who really knows what it's like to hear excuse upon excuse, as I was just so fed up about the behaviour of some of the attendees this year. Maybe she should be called whenever a lady is furious ;-)

You're welcome, no need to apologise. And good to hear it helped you to release your anger ;-)
I hope we will see you next year.

Greetings
Junmap
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up