Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: EF19 Feedback  (Read 45365 times)

Kinase

Re: EF19 Feedback
« Reply #30 on: 28.08.2013, 11:30:04 »

Here's my feedback as well.

I'm really happy about how the con was this year, I liked it more than the last year's one.

The Critters at the Zoo event was a really nice one, just to start with. I was very happy to see how people in Magdeburg loved to see us walking around the zoo and taking pictures with real animals.

The flashmob was a nice Idea as well.

The parade was the best one I've attended, with lots and lots of people coming to look at us.

I liked the idea of the charity photos. There aren't many places where you can take a picture of yourself with a racoon!

Another big point was the fursuit gameshow and its preliminaries. Loved that game even if I couldn't last really long.
The whole show was very well organized, even If me and my temmate had a couple of problems during the first game (which, in my opinion, was pretty dangerous, my teammate got injured).
Anyway, the show was awesome, same for the Furaoke.

And the Pawpetshow was way, way better than the last year's one!

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #31 on: 28.08.2013, 11:40:39 »

...The short summary: It was a blast!
...My personal highlight: The fursuit programs and lounge.

...The "Fursuit" program (and lounge) were incredible, and simply awesome! The walk at the Zoo, the flashmob at the mall and the suit walk were wonderfully organized. There was enough information to answer any "how" and "where" questions, there's always been water supplies and security/helpers to guide the path and minimize problems.

...[everything else you said]

...(waiting times)

You Sir,
are now my this years favorite attendee. First and foremost because you obviously did take the time to read the info posters of all the outdoor fursuit events. Here's to you. :-)
Secondly because you saw and regognized all those little details that we put in the lounge to make it more than "just a changing room".
And last but not least, for you actually posting this here. Your great expperience is what we are putting all the effort in for, and happy faces and the occasional thankyou is the only thing the staff teams get in return.  :)

As for the waiting times: All your cooments are true. However, let me tell you from almost twenty years of EF experience: There is nothing we can do about it. There are technical issues, there are sudden accidents behind the stage, there are a thousand things that suddenly go wrong.
Basically, as weird as it may sound, when coming to Eurofurence again, you get used to it. Waiting in line for an event is a social event in its own. Use it the best you can. Get to know the people around you. :)
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Blacktail

• Art Show
« Reply #32 on: 28.08.2013, 16:35:24 »

I like to thank the security team for handling the issue with my conbook fast and simple
You rock guys
and all in all I think this years Con was really good and smooth and I think our attendees noticed it too ^^

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #33 on: 28.08.2013, 17:10:58 »

Great con as always! In general, everything went very smoothly, and I only have one or two things that could've been better.

The good:
I had completely forgotten that I hadn't added early arrival and late departure m(, so when I turned up on early arrival day, the hotel of course said that the room wasn't booked until tomorrow, and directed me to the EF registration desk. By this point I could already feel the cold sweat starting, fearing I'd have to book a room at the intercity for those nights. But luckily, just 3 minutes and 110€ later, I had the room for those extra days. Amazing! :D

The not so good:

The schedule was released very late. So late that I had to set the time for a meet-up, before knowing if it would conflict with any panels and events. When the schedule was released, I found that the music production panel that I'd wanted to go to was at exactly the same time.
Next year, please please please try and get the schedule out earlier. Get out the whip and thumbscrews if necessary! :P

Kralle

• Wireless & EF Prime Tech
« Reply #34 on: 28.08.2013, 17:25:59 »

Something else I forgot to mention:
One evening there was a team of ladies in red dresses in the lobby handing out energy drinks for promotion. (Sadly, I cannot remember what day it was.)
Some of my friends and me found it quite annoying to be bothered with sales promotions during the con. I wouldn't mind about things related to con theme - like some animal charity, or plushies, or furry-themed movies and the like. But a team trying to sell stuff that has nothing to do with the con kind of ruined the atmosphere.

This! I found it absolutely tasteless (that they were there, I didn't taste the energy drink).

I have to agree here, the promotion was completly tasteless idea of the hotel.

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #35 on: 28.08.2013, 17:33:49 »

Something else I forgot to mention:
One evening there was a team of ladies in red dresses in the lobby handing out energy drinks for promotion. (Sadly, I cannot remember what day it was.)
Some of my friends and me found it quite annoying to be bothered with sales promotions during the con. I wouldn't mind about things related to con theme - like some animal charity, or plushies, or furry-themed movies and the like. But a team trying to sell stuff that has nothing to do with the con kind of ruined the atmosphere.

This! I found it absolutely tasteless (that they were there, I didn't taste the energy drink).

Seconded. Especially when one of the "ladies" came to me and handed me a drink with the words (this is a quote!) "Here, drink this and have hard animal-sex" ....

Not sure what those people where told or thought, but that lead to a little talk between me and the promoters leader.

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #36 on: 28.08.2013, 17:38:12 »

Well. It's one of those things that tend to happen, I guess. At the entire con, nobody at any time looked as misplaced as these chicks and their pimp photographer.

I wouldn't call it tasteless but I wonder who paid whom and what were they hoping to achieve. A furry con isn't exactly the most photogenic backdrop for a beanstalk model in fake Gucci gear.  ;D
Thygrrr Darkfurre

James The Dog

« Reply #37 on: 28.08.2013, 18:04:01 »

I'm glad someone other people mentioned the drinks promotion thing, as I also found myself wondering what an earth all that was about! Didn't seem to fit in with the convention or anything.

Schorse

« Reply #38 on: 29.08.2013, 10:13:25 »

Seconded. Especially when one of the "ladies" came to me and handed me a drink with the words (this is a quote!) "Here, drink this and have hard animal-sex" ....

Not sure what those people where told or thought, but that lead to a little talk between me and the promoters leader.

Well, you should have taken the drink and then grab that model and drag her to the next dirty roomparty to show her how the stuff works. :P

No, really, that was really out of place. And how I hate their fake smiles.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 29.08.2013, 10:36:48 »

I'm glad someone other people mentioned the drinks promotion thing, as I also found myself wondering what an earth all that was about! Didn't seem to fit in with the convention or anything.

To clear this up: It was something the hotel did on their own. They had recently added that drink to their menu, and the company asked if they are allowed to do a promotion. We basically told the hotel it's their business, as long as they don't interfere with the con. I guess the company (I even forgot the name) did not know what an unusual group of people we are, and they seemed to get a bit desperate after their trained methods just wouldn't work with us :) We got a few (light) complaints, and we forwarded them to the management, and eventuelly they backed off. Basically it's the hotel's business to promote drinks, so we can hardly tell them not to. So while I take everyone's point that this initiative was not exactly stellar, it has no consequences for next year, as we are moving locations anyway.
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 10:38:44 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 29.08.2013, 10:39:43 »

You should've taken her to room 366 instead :)
yours,

Cheetah

PATROL

• Convention Security Operative
  • Roads? How boring!
« Reply #41 on: 29.08.2013, 14:13:36 »

I'd be surprised in a bad way if that happened to me and probably asked her if she is stupid or something. Maybe a good reply might be "Thanks for the offer, but you're not my type" :)
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 14:15:08 by PATROL »

davuu

• rawr
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #42 on: 29.08.2013, 23:30:16 »

This was my second con and I loved it:D have no complaints at all about the con itself or how it was run!

I loved the flashmob in the mall and how it was organised :) I liked the little flyers put out on the table and how it was organised so that everyone could get ready in time after the Opening Ceremony! It was great fun! there were people to show you the way, and guide you to drinks as well as make sure you got to and from the hotel safely!

I also loved the fursuit lounge, Its normally great but this year there seemed to be an extra effort to make it run so much smoother! esp with all the fan problems to begin with! It was great how I didnt have to use my paws to try and get Eurofurence green, that someone was kind enough to keep filling up cups so that suiters could quickly grab a drink and cool off:) thankyou for that! was very thoughtful! the huge fan was great! we should forget to give that one back :D It made drying my suit so much easier! I also appreicated that the fans were kept an eye on, as there were a few instances where people *un* helpfully turned them on their backs to use them all to dry heads on which was quickly solved:)  The sewing kit was a thoughtful addition, all that would make it even better was to be able to buy the Eurofurence green to take home with me !  cant get it over here and I love it :D  Thankyou you also for keeping it open for hte Dead Dog Party, I know this caused extra strain when everyone was aleady tired but it was really appreciated <3

The lifts were ok this year! people were generally helpful in trying to make sure everyone squished into a lift! I loved the Surf simulator, even if I failed miserably :D despite cheating and sitting on it i still fell off! haha me= no sense of balance

I felt safe with all the security, not that there was or ever has been any reason not to feel safe, everyone is generally good natured, but I did like that when there was an issue security were very quick to find it and deal with it (toothbrush incedent:D ) I felt this set up a good relationship with the hotel and it made me feel happy :)

Dances were good! I liked the mix of music in all the dances, I felt the range in tempo was well balanced, you had a few faster dances and then a few slower ones to regain your energy. I liked the music choice in the DDP it was great to dance to classics and I managed to find a store of energy to dance a bit longer! Helped by the fans (thanks for those)

I loved the Guests of Honour! I felt they put alot of effort and love into their panels and loved their description of furry! I decided they should be our official media spokespeople! :D It was great they got involved and joined the photoshoot in the lobby:) Its made me want to get into puppeteering and hope they enjoyed themselves.

Hotel staff seemed easy going, The bar staff seemed to be the same from previous years so knew what to expect, and leaving a few Euro tips in my room led to being left animal pictures in response :D which I felt was quite sweet :)

So overall, I had a great con! Thankyou to everyone involved! :)

Now...with every up there's a down... and this isn't actually to do with the con itself, more the people that attend it and use of common sense.

I saw three cameras smashed over the con, one by a suiter who just jumped with no warning on the back of a photographer who not only had a drink in his hand but also his camera which went crashing to the floor and broke! suiter then ran off.  Second example, someone threw something off the balcony advertising their *yiffy* room party, which ended up bouncing off a suiter and smashing a camera, suiter got blamed and chased round the lobby for a donation towards it.  Common sense people!

I cant wait to come to Berlin if I can get it off work!

P.s. if anyone found a pale coloured doughnut with a brown swirl on it, tis mine.  

« Last Edit: 30.08.2013, 01:07:51 by davuu »

Rattie

« Reply #43 on: 30.08.2013, 15:39:31 »

This years con was awesome! Props you guys for making this con run so smooth as it did. The fursuit lounge simply worked. We were continuously supplied with drinks and snacks. Even free condoms, I saw ;3 - though I didn't make use of them, thanks for being concerned about our sexual health as well! <3
I too found the fursuit arrangements really awesome. Thanks for booking busses for the suiters to the zoo <3 The trip to (and around) the zoo was awesome! And so was the fursuit parade. I was amazed by the collaboration between the con staff and the authorities. Props to you guys, you did an awesome job! Good thinking with the drinks booth on the way, and the bike with water as well!

From a fursuiters point of view, there are a few things I would like to suggest:
- At elevators, have clear unmistakably signs pointing furs to the staircase, and have elevator-crew to help fursuiters board first. Some furs seemed to have forgotten their manner at home. Sadly.
- For fursuiters without pockets, offer some sort of secure storage (of small items), like phones and wallets.
- Some sort of entertainment in the fursuit lounge could be nice. It could be EF prime showing on 1 or 2 tv's. An updated timetable with upcoming events, and a clock, as sense of time is easily lost while drying. The timetable could be displayed on a pc monitor. To make this even more awesome, have prerecorded callouts 15 minutes before a panel starts. Unsure if this would end up being annoying. It's worth a try...
- Disinfectants and febreeze free to use.
- If possible, a fursuit washing service. I don't expect the con to play for it, but having it as a selfpaid option would be awesome. Or it could be included in the supersponser deal. Ie. 1 wash of all suits at once. Of course it has to be done by someone who knows what they are dealing with.
- With the many smokers outside hotel, I sincerly fear for my heath while suiting, due to poor ventilation in the fursuit head. Hitting a wall of smoke feels very unlpeasent, so I kept my suiting outside to a minimum. And that's a shame.

Blue Raptor

« Reply #44 on: 30.08.2013, 20:42:59 »

It was a great con, everything well organized, Check-in went smooth, the decoration was awesome, and the fursuit lounge very sophisticated and so useful! Thanks a lot to all the staff!

And the Fureoke night was damn AWESOME! There is nothing better than the old 70s-90s music and a lot of people singing it! Too bad I missed the beginning because the Fursuit Games were at the same time. I wanted to go back to my hotel when the games were over and just have a short peek what was going up at the fureoke. Yeah.. I stayed till the end xD
Pleas next year at the same time again!

The Fursuit Friendly dance was nice. I just missed a mix of some known songs like in the first hour last year. But I'm glad that some songs were remixed or a few played completly without being remixed. Maybe a bit shorter remixes and more differnt songs and it's perfect. At least I stayed..
The Big Blue dance was ok. I didn't stay long, because at 2am there was hey-look-i-have-bass like music. Don't like if it just goes wobwobwob.

4) The Dead Dog party. Ace, please be the DJ at the fursuit friendly dance next year?

5) This point I ask you to please correct me on if I'm wrong: the fursuit friendly dance seemed too fast-paced and there were zero familiar songs in the first hour. I know it's hard to please everyone, but for a fursuit friendly dance I'd expect music that is dancable...look at the difference between amount of suiters dancing at Ace's set vs the fursuit friendly dance. IMHO, it's best to start out with slower paced music and then go to the fast beat-y stuff.
Here I have to agree.

I was looking forward do some action in suit during the dances now that I finally have one, but... felt there was no music somehow. I was expecting that in between a lot of boomboom, there'd be some good, some old, some new, and some silly. But there was only boomboom.
See, I don't even expect people to play any classics from the 80s or something matching exactly my taste. But couldn't there be something that has, I dunno, a rythm at least? Even if it's boomboom with a rythm?
On the opposite, the music at the fureoke, or the Dead dog dance around 1 am (when I had just gotten out of suit after 3 hours and showered :( ), was great and felt so much better to go along with, and from the level the people cheered and enjoyed and growled along and went berzerk bouncing all over the place having an awesome time of their life during that, it was obviously not only my opinion.

And as for promotionists, tourists, filmers, and unsupervised kids running around: I know it is probably impossible to prevent and maybe required for good PR or happy partnership with the hotel and such. But if if we have a say in it, I prefer to stay among the furries around me on a furry convention, not having to watch for too many extra people that give you weird looks, ask annoying or awkward questions, or that might see things one would not want to show or say to a non-furry or for the whole web to know. Just saying. :)
Rah, I say.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up