Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: EF19 Feedback  (Read 45380 times)

Rattie

Re: EF19 Feedback
« Reply #45 on: 31.08.2013, 12:25:00 »

Excerpt from my previous post
From a fursuiters point of view, there are a few things I would like to suggest:
An updated timetable with upcoming events, and a clock, as sense of time is easily lost while drying. The timetable could be displayed on a pc monitor. To make this even more awesome, have prerecorded callouts 15 minutes before a panel starts. Unsure if this would end up being annoying. It's worth a try...
- Disinfectants and febreeze free to use.
I obviously went to some comletely different convention: The "Anything but Eurofurence Convention". Before people starts going rawr-rawr, yes these were provided, I simple overlooked it. Blargh. (yes I do feel embarressed by the fact, that I could't see/find two clocks, and a large poster with events on a pinboard).

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #46 on: 31.08.2013, 12:30:59 »

*chuckles*
Blame it on narrow blurry fursuit vision.  ;D
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #47 on: 03.09.2013, 00:27:08 »

- At elevators, have clear unmistakably signs pointing furs to the staircase, and have elevator-crew to help fursuiters board first. Some furs seemed to have forgotten their manner at home. Sadly.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but fur-suiters aren't the only people who need to use the lifts. Wearing a sofa, and/or three quarters of a blindfold, and/or dancing till you drop, is a choice. Having a medical condition is not. Consideration is a two way street.

That said, several stairs were marked "No room access!" and it's no small feet to climb up and down seven flights of stairs to your room and down again. I couldn't blame anyone who didn't want to do it more than once or twice a day.

Bigwig

• Suitname: Shadowhunter
« Reply #48 on: 03.09.2013, 01:00:07 »

Certainly we all want to make life harder for people especially for those with medical conditions, isn't that what we usually do if we can't scare them to death in our fursuits or burry them under plush? The master plan is to occupy all elevators and drive up and down till normal furs clogging in the staircases die after 3 days without water. You may have noticed we drink a lot in the lounge and checked these phase change cooling vests to stay alive ourselves.
« Last Edit: 03.09.2013, 01:03:12 by Bigwig »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 03.09.2013, 09:24:19 »

Wearing a sofa, and/or three quarters of a blindfold, and/or dancing till you drop, is a choice. Having a medical condition is not. Consideration is a two way street.
an once or twice a day.
Certainly we all want to make life harder for people especially for those with medical conditions, isn't that what we usually do if we can't scare them to death in our fursuits or burry them under plush?

Guys, taking opposite extreme positions like that is not constructive. The elevators are public, everyone is free to use them. If we ask you to give priority to fursuiters, that doesn't mean that you should not also give priority to everyone else who obviously needs the elevator, including those with disabilities or medical conditions. All we're asking for is a little courtesy, really.
yours,

Cheetah

Drachetto

• Drachetto's FA page
« Reply #50 on: 03.09.2013, 11:29:34 »

Considering everything was purrfect (special mention as always to the staff and the security, who are always nice and so efficent), the one and only point I will like to see improved next year is the Wi-Fi connection. I was unable to send a Twit or check emails or open a link in the 99% of the time, in all positions of the hotel-lobby. I don't know what happened in the last 2 years (that happened also at EF18) because I remember that Wi-Fi connection at EF17 was very good.
"Fluffyness is happyness!"

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #51 on: 03.09.2013, 11:34:28 »

Considering everything was purrfect (special mention as always to the staff and the security, who are always nice and so efficent), the one and only point I will like to see improved next year is the Wi-Fi connection. I was unable to send a Twit or check emails or open a link in the 99% of the time, in all positions of the hotel-lobby. I don't know what happened in the last 2 years (that happened also at EF18) because I remember that Wi-Fi connection at EF17 was very good.

Just get a local pay-as-you-go SIM card for ~20€, that's what I've done the last two years and it's worked perfectly.

Nahro

« Reply #52 on: 03.09.2013, 15:49:06 »

The only thing I can really give Feedbakc on was the Dance, as everything else was just that awesome and well done (PawPetShow absolutely blew me away this year, last year I found it kinda meh)

Fursuit Friendly Dance:
/Personal Opinion/
I hate regular 8bar House Music, predictable, repetetive, boring to listen to, and drops that dont really follow up on anything.
/Personal Opinion end
Taking that out of the frame, the DJing was solid, even though the transitions were a little to long at the preambles making it even more slower paced and repetetive a little. Though I do admit for Fursuiter trying to catch a breath between songs this probably was kind of fitting ^^
Other than that the music just didnt do it for me.

Big Blue Fox Dance:

I heard a lot of complaints about to much Hardcore based, and to much Electro "Bass" based music. it kinda goes into the same repetetiveness as House music, but with a more harder hitting sound, so  I liked it way more and could enjoy dancing to it.
I do however missed a bitt of Happy Dance, Hands-Up and uplifting Progressive House music. It was there, kinda, but the songs were not really known, current Chart-Remixes were practicaly non-existant (I just like well done Pop-Remixes I dunnow x3)
Though I do find it very subtle and in favor for Fursuit Dancers that BBF choose songs that have really quiet and slower paced Breakdowns (again Catch a breath, and dance your soul out when the song Drops In again), but other than that I didn't really got a feeling for it, and I heard a lot of complaints of the music choice afterwards.

Just my 2 cents ^^

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #53 on: 03.09.2013, 23:49:56 »

Fursuit Friendly Dance:
[...]
Taking that out of the frame, the DJing was solid, even though the transitions were a little to long at the preambles making it even more slower paced and repetetive a little. Though I do admit for Fursuiter trying to catch a breath between songs this probably was kind of fitting ^^

As a first time fursuiter I was very grateful for that slow approach. It made it possible to enjoy this dance for almost three hours, before I simply couldn't take the heat any more and had to go outside the hotel to cool down. It truly was fursuit friendly.

Big Blue Fox Dance:

I heard a lot of complaints about to much Hardcore based, and to much Electro "Bass" based music.

Really? I heard those complaints the two previous years, and I could see where they were coming from, but this year there seemed to be much more of a slope in the pacing and the selection of the music seemed to focus far more on melody. I found it very enjoyable even though I didn't get to dance much.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Luxen

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Furry.ch - das Schweizer Furry Portal
« Reply #54 on: 04.09.2013, 00:50:40 »

I've read the feedback so far but it's impossible to not repeat some of the things that have been said already...

For me, it was the best Eurofurence in many years, possibly ever. Every single team really outdid themselves and they deserve all the praise they get (we had a beautiful conbook, the best fursuit events ever, a flawless artshow and dealer's den, a level-headed security, very helpful con-ops, a tireless photoshoot-team, capable stage technicians... the list goes on an on!) Everyone wearing orange or red should really be proud of themselves!

My personal highlights:
- A pawpet show that set new standards...
- a fursuit walk that had half the town on their feet cheering like a big, happy holiday. It was incredibly touching and I'd never thought I'd say it but I'll miss Magdeburg.

All the small complaints that are gathering here should not distract us of the main message: EF19 was the best Eurofurence so far!
The Daily Eurofurence:
Now all issues available at www.eurofurence.org/EF22/daily

Ralesk

« Reply #55 on: 04.09.2013, 01:22:09 »

- a fursuit walk that had half the town on their feet cheering like a big, happy holiday. It was incredibly touching and I'd never thought I'd say it but I'll miss Magdeburg.

Many times this! :)

All the small complaints that are gathering here should not distract us of the main message: EF19 was the best Eurofurence so far!

Somehow it feels like the last EF at a repeated con site (EF12 Nürnberg, EF15 Suhl, EF19 Magdeburg) is always a local maximum of awesomeness :)
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #56 on: 05.09.2013, 12:40:15 »

This is all second-hand info so I can't prove anything, but:

What I believe has happened is simply a huge increase in devices connecting to the network. Everybody has a smartphone / tablet / laptop etc. nowadays, and more visitors are around. I heard it was around 1220 unique devices during the con. Furthermore, if my info is correct, this huge amount of connection requests (all those devices keep auto-connecting to the network whenever it's in range) crashed the hotel's router several times.

In short: EF did the best they could, but the hotel's main connection simply couldn't keep up. Let's hope next year's connection is better =3
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Ralesk

« Reply #57 on: 05.09.2013, 12:55:56 »

Just get a local pay-as-you-go SIM card for ~20€, that's what I've done the last two years and it's worked perfectly.

I second this notion.  Eg. at Lidl Mobile / Fonic, you get a 150 MB/month allowance for 3.99€, 500 MB/month for 6.95€; and they will just push your speed down when you go over.  And you can easily switch back to the 0€ default plan once you're done using your German SIM.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Tseatah

« Reply #58 on: 05.09.2013, 17:40:21 »

This is all second-hand info so I can't prove anything, but:

What I believe has happened is simply a huge increase in devices connecting to the network. Everybody has a smartphone / tablet / laptop etc. nowadays, and more visitors are around. I heard it was around 1220 unique devices during the con. Furthermore, if my info is correct, this huge amount of connection requests (all those devices keep auto-connecting to the network whenever it's in range) crashed the hotel's router several times.

In short: EF did the best they could, but the hotel's main connection simply couldn't keep up. Let's hope next year's connection is better =3

While this suggestion I'm about to make won't help with being able to connect to the WiFi, it should help with avoiding the overloading of the network link to the convention hotel:

Remind people using the WiFi to turn off automatically uploading of photos to places like Apple's Photostream, Dropbox, Google, etc. Many smartphones have the option to automatically do this when you're connected to a WiFi link, and that means that every photo someone takes from their phone gets pushed up that narrow pipe from the hotel as soon as they join EF-Public.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: 06.09.2013, 10:30:27 »

Next year, the WiFi will be provided by the convention center - providing WiFi for a space of that size would have been beyond our own capabilities anyways. They are currently switching to a new provider that provides a limited bandwidth for free (enough for every day tasks such as twitter, email, and other services), and higher bandwidth for a fee. That system will most likely be able to handle large amounts of people just fine :)

(And before someone asks: No, I don't know the exact prices or the exact bandwidth.)
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up