Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Big thank you to the fursuit team (Also complaints and feedback now ;-) )  (Read 29322 times)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories

I just now returned from the Maritim, after breaking down the fursuit lounge.
(Spontaneous Dead-Dog-Lounge-Extension is always a suicide mission, but happy suiter faces are worth it :-) )

Before falling asleep for the next 48 hours, I absolutely want to thank my team for all the work they did.
And all the help they offered.  
Kazzador, Jake R, Basil, doco, Wulf.. always there and working their behinds off, when everyone else was having fun at dances or party.
Many thanks to the extra setup helpers as well, and to security and paramedics for caring for our safety during all the events.

Last minute free bus tour to the zoo ?
Down-Town Fursuit-Parade with 6000 spectators ?
Round-the-clock-EFGreen-supply ?
Shopping-Center-Flashmob-Disco ?

Non of that would have happened without their volunteer work.

But more importantly, what do you, the attendees of Eurofurence want to tell them ?
Your positive feedback is what keeps them going. Your opinion helps us improve.. year after year.
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 11:59:12 by Mystifur »
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Jorinda

• Press Relations
Re: Big thank you to the fursuit team
« Reply #1 on: 27.08.2013, 10:03:59 »

The fursuit lounge was great. There was always enough dryer space, and eveything seemed well organized.

The only negative thing that comes to my mind: One evening (thursday or friday?) the drinks were extremely cold. Room temperature drinks are better for drinking fast without getting a headache.

Vector

« Reply #2 on: 27.08.2013, 15:27:00 »

PERFECT fursuit lounge & events ! Thank you (and thx for the sim card too).  :)
"I used to be an Eurofurence attendee like you, but then I took a Laden to the knee."

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #3 on: 27.08.2013, 15:49:16 »

Agreeing with Jorinda here, I got some awesome support from the staffers of the fursuit lounge and the volunteers, especially during the parade.
Giving it was my first parade in my fullsuit, the setting up of emergency water-dispensers was a literal life-saver.
Withhout those two cups of that yummy green stuff and help from a security guy with a water bottle I would have hyperventilated,
I literally "swam" in my suit when getting back to the hotel (even as an otter that was hard).

Thanks a TON for doing this Mystifur and all those helpers and volunteers of yours, the help and work there during the parade, in the lounge and during the shopping-center flashmob was greatly appreciated, you guys are awesome! <3

But I'm curious, what exactly is that green stuff? It tasted somewhat like woodruff with lime in it, but then again not - really refreshing though, I want more of that stuff xD

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #4 on: 27.08.2013, 16:08:25 »

I went to go eat dinner right when buildup started on Tuesday and by the time I got back the fursuit lounge was already mostly set up.
Nearly every time I got to the Fursuit Lounge this year to fill up some cups, Basil was just about finished doing exactly that.
Having ruined my back crawling around on the floor on Saturday, I went to bed before the Dead Dog was over on Sunday, and the fursuit lounge was still pretty much fully intact. When I got back to the Fursuit Lounge on Monday morning it was 95% empty.

In short: in my opinion, this year's Fursuit Support team was better than the already great teams of the past two years, by quite a large margin. I am already looking forward to next year.

But I'm curious, what exactly is that green stuff? It tasted somewhat like woodruff with lime in it, but then again not - really refreshing though, I want more of that stuff xD

It -is- woodruff - or "Waldmeister" in German. It's diluted with more water than the bottles ask for, which might explain why you didn't recognize it, but also why you found it so refreshing. ^_^
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #5 on: 27.08.2013, 16:37:15 »

It -is- woodruff - or "Waldmeister" in German. It's diluted with more water than the bottles ask for, which might explain why you didn't recognize it, but also why you found it so refreshing. ^_^

Aaah, I see - thanks for clearing that up mr. Otternoses-guy *hides my own* ^^
And because I now finally know who you are, also sorry for buying almost all the otternoses in the shopbox on the first day during my huge order xD

Bostitch

« Reply #6 on: 27.08.2013, 17:01:21 »

It was my first time suiting (I finished building the suit at the convention), and the support and help from random suiters, volunteers and Mysti himself, twice, was amazing. Thank you all for making it an unforgettable EF!

Kinase

« Reply #7 on: 28.08.2013, 11:33:36 »

one amazing thing, even if it is very hard to do, would be to have showers next to the fursuit lounge.

Anyway, I think all the fursuit-releated events were all fine, from the first to the last, and the opening of the Lounge till the end of the dead dog party was a great thing!

Thank you staff!

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #8 on: 28.08.2013, 12:53:13 »

- Wonderful management of drinks/snacks: always available, drinks were always cool and everything around the drinks/snacks was always so tidy. Thank you!
- Opening hours: I was so happy to see the lounge open at Dead Dog party. I know it cost you guys a lot of extra time and work so thank you very, very much :D
- A good eye on safety: Security and fursuit people actually at the elevators helping fursuiters. People...still...didn't listen, but the fact you were there is awesome.
- Despite fan-delivery issue, everyone was able to cool down even at peak hours. That is amazing!
- Clock next to the mirror :D Thankies!!!

Really pleased with all the supplies available to us fursuiters :) You look after us well!
Registration & Social Media staff

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #9 on: 28.08.2013, 14:08:30 »

One small suggestion: Would it be possible to label separate drying racks for hands/heads and feetpaws? Having people's sweaty shoes on the dryer where others wanted to put their head was a bit annoying.

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #10 on: 28.08.2013, 14:25:48 »

This definitely deserves a topic of its own, everything was fantastic this year.

The fursuit lounge and the fursuit support is one big part of what sets apart EF from all other cons! The crazy drying system was used by everyone, the giant fans helped me cool down in just a minute and it was great to get a quick refreshment every now and then.

Thanks to all the people too who probably spent half of the con stacking cups into trays! ;)
And more thanks to the people supplying us with water at the fursuit parade, it was really needed and very appreciated.

I can hardly think of anything to suggest, except maybe one thing: Orange-flavored drinks next year ;)

Thanks again Mystifur and everyone else in the Team for their outstanding work.

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #11 on: 28.08.2013, 15:03:53 »

The "empty cups into trays" was a great idea :)

Thx to Mystifur to solve all the hassle, created by the renting company.
Thx to him and his Team for maintaing the "Great FL" (tm) =^.^=

Furvan

Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #12 on: 28.08.2013, 16:54:22 »

Whenever I walked into the fursuit lounge, everything Just Worked™. Even when there were a lot of people in the lounge (Like just after the fursuit photo), it didn't seem overly crowded.

I never used the drying racks or hangers, so I can't comment on that, but just having the opportunity to take the head off, have a cup of water and sit down for a few minutes, was nice.

My only complaint was one time, just after the flashmob in the mall, where some non-suiters were standing, blocking the lounge entrance while talking, and weren't moving when asked nicely. In that case I ended up forcing my way through. Then when on my way back out, they had moved between the two screens that blocked the lounge from view, again blocking the passage.

Perhaps some signs telling people not to do that would be an idea? It should be common sense, but I guess not. -.-

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #13 on: 28.08.2013, 17:03:18 »

One small suggestion: Would it be possible to label separate drying racks for hands/heads and feetpaws? Having people's sweaty shoes on the dryer where others wanted to put their head was a bit annoying.

It's actually split into heads (the short stumps, so the rest of the head can rest on the table) and feet/hand paws (the long pipes with whisks in them). However, on behalf of someone I met in the fursuit lounge I'd like to second the idea of labeling them more clearly, as it was obviously not clear for many fursuiters.
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!
« Reply #14 on: 28.08.2013, 19:21:11 »

My only complaint was one time, just after the flashmob in the mall, where some non-suiters were standing, blocking the lounge entrance while talking, and weren't moving when asked nicely. In that case I ended up forcing my way through. Then when on my way back out, they had moved between the two screens that blocked the lounge from view, again blocking the passage.

Perhaps some signs telling people not to do that would be an idea? It should be common sense, but I guess not. -.-

This happened a lot -- Security usually told them to move (thanks guys!) but they'd be back in minutes ?_? I just shoved my way through every time hoping to get the message across but I am aware not everyone is willing to do that. Maybe make an obvious "don't stand around here" sign? It feels rather stupid to me personally as, hey, this is common sense...but if you have it on paper you have something to point them to.
Registration & Social Media staff
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up