Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Big thank you to the fursuit team (Also complaints and feedback now ;-) )  (Read 29294 times)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
Re: Big thank you to the fursuit team
« Reply #15 on: 28.08.2013, 21:25:46 »

Okay, just to get the open points out of the way a few replies.
But please take that criticism part to the feedback thread afterwards.
This one here is to make staff feel good about their work.  ;D

- One afternoon out of 6 entire days the water was too cold for one persons taste ? And that's the first thing you come up with for a thankyou ?  ;D Well, I'll take it as a compliment that you obviously did find yourself well taken care of the other 5-and-a-half days.

- Showers in the fursuit lounge ? Yes, I totally agree with you: That would be amazing. Let me put it this way: Not gonna happen! lol

- Non-Suiters and more signs: Yes, it happens that people are dickheads. And no poster or sign in the world is going to solve that. people just dont read or ignore them. You have 2 possibilities: Punch them in the face and push your way through. (Yes, I did just say that loud. Fursuiters have the right of way and they should make use of it with no hesitation.) or go directly to security AT ONCE and have them handle it. Everything else is just pointless.

This intermission was brought to you by the color green.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #16 on: 28.08.2013, 21:43:28 »

- Non-Suiters and more signs: Yes, it happens that people are dickheads. And no poster or sign in the world is going to solve that. people just dont read or ignore them. You have 2 possibilities: Punch them in the face and push your way through. (Yes, I did just say that loud. Fursuiters have the right of way and they should make use of it with no hesitation.) or go directly to security AT ONCE and have them handle it. Everything else is just pointless.
I shall stop feeling bad about pushing them out of the way and yelling at them, then. :-)

This intermission was brought to you by the color green.
*Earperks* Green? ;D

Codewolf

« Reply #17 on: 29.08.2013, 01:18:28 »

or go directly to security AT ONCE and have them handle it. Everything else is just pointless.

you will always find us there when you need us :) but seriously, if you have a problem with thigs like this please DO seek out a member of security and we will do what we can :)

Sinea

« Reply #18 on: 29.08.2013, 08:55:50 »

Hello Suiters :)

my post is deleted by myself.
Nothing to say actually.

Cheers,
Sin
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 14:05:12 by Sinea »

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #19 on: 29.08.2013, 09:26:33 »

- some furniture´s to chill out (maybe more chairs would be a solution)

That remembers me not seeing the 10 plastic stools i donated last year for the FL.
Did they got forget in the storage or for other reason ?
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 09:28:50 by Furvan »
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Kazzador

• Fursuit support
« Reply #20 on: 29.08.2013, 10:00:48 »

and don´t forget:
- seperated space with couches and a big-screen-TV
- a privat pool right next to the suitlounge just for suiters
- lockers for each suiter to put their stuff in
- a big safe with different lockboxes for articles of value
- a cooling chamber (like they got in butcher shops) for a fast cooldown
- a fountain with perfumed water to make the lounge smell some better
- a buffet with fresh fruits for refreshing
- a dryingsystem with one blower per suiter to attach bodysuit, head and paws to, to not being forced to seperate all your stuff

it was sarcasm, but if we could get that stuff, I would love it :P
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 10:08:44 by Kazzador »

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
« Reply #21 on: 29.08.2013, 11:58:24 »

OK, it happened.. again..

since everyone seems so eager to discuss problems and has genius ideas on how to improve things instantly after EF, rather then being happy for a few days about the free services that they got already...
Your wish is my command, and this shall now be the general feedback thread including suggestions and complaints.

Hello Suiters :)
I was one of the Member in Mystifur´s Team and i also would share a few thinks i would say.
Since you're saying this in public, let me get this straight, in public: NO. YOU. WERE. NOT.
(Now deleted original post has been archived)

If you were,
1) you'd have been involved in the planning of the lounge and already knew that every single one of your points was discussed, and is either NOT TRUE, or not possible
2) you would have actually worked there
3) you would have brought up these suggestions either before the con in the actual staff forum, or spoken to me on site, instead of putting it here, despite my plea right above to not do that.

You ma'am, are part of Tigerseyes Badge Team, because you explicitely said Oh-i-cannot-do-any-hard-labor-like-carrying-60-liter-water-kegs, i-do-not-want-to-built-the-dryer-system-or-break-it-down, i-cannot-carry-water-for-the-entire-parade, but still said can-i-please-please-please-be on-a-staff-position-so-i-can-get-in-the-lounge-with-suiters-to-help-them-with-simple-things.

- Shower´s and some basin´s anywhere around the Fursuitlounge would be an perfect idea (better Hygiene Situation)
And I'm sure you know how to do that in a hotel hall, right ? Please, enlighten us !

- Some changing room´s for "been ashamed" Fursuiter´s would be a nice idea
Yea, why didn't anyone of us think of that for the last 12 years ? Oh, right, because we did that and the only thing happening was that everyone left their stuff there and within 1 hour no one could use it any more because it was full.

- Some Sagrotan and more Febrezze (last year there where more bottles, if i remember right)
No, you don't. If this came from an attendee, I'd be surpised that he didn't see that there were both Sagrotan disinfectant AND Febreze on all the tables all the time. Coming from someone who even _claims_ to be on the team..what can I say.

- more constructions to dry the whole Fursuitstuff
Yea, I'll just use the entire stage area too, no ? We have about 3*60 dryer spots.. we only need 3*650 to cater for everyone. Sounds easy enough to me.

We want more chairs, so we can sit more ! We want less chairs, because they take too much room, and we fall over them all the time ! No, more chairs. And a Video feed for the shows! No less chairs, because the suiters need to be able to move in the lounge!

- bigger Straws (maybe the big one for Sangria, not that size for a cocktail cup)
Like...the ones that were there most of the time, except the extension day ? ..In the lounge where suiters can as well just take the head of, if need be.

So, to everyone else reading here: I'm extremely sorry for this rant. But that bold post was beyond me post-EF-stress-level-control and needed to be adressed.

_I really do_ apprechiate all your input and suggestions. We may not be able to use all of them.
Many things have already been tried and didn't work, or while solving one issue, created another problem. Many ideas require constant 24/7 surpervision or handling. And unless you're willing to spend your own convention time on this, there is the possibility that other volunteers don't want to either.
If we can improve things with _reasonable_ additional effort, and it doesn't cause other problems, we will very likely do so! So when you see a problem, you'd help us alot if you also have a suggestion how to solve that.

But sometimes, to us it just feels like Louis CK said in "Everything is amazing, and nobody is happy"
from 3:55 to 4:25 (or maybe even to 5:35, for some)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8m5d0_everything-is-amazing-and-nobody-i_fun
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 14:24:55 by Mystifur »
---
=^o.o^=

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 29.08.2013, 12:08:18 »

That remembers me not seeing the 10 plastic stools i donated last year for the FL.
Did they got forget in the storage or for other reason ?

How do they look? Are they labelled "Fursuit Lounge?" If stuff is not clearly labelled with the name of the department, it will stay in storage because nobody from the packing team will ever know to whom it belongs :)
yours,

Cheetah

Sithy

• The Daily Eurofurence
  • Hatsikidee!

If you're ashamed/embarassed and just need to cool off: the fans the team gives us are so good, simply keep your head on, tilt it and enjoy direct airflow into the mouth/eyes.

I don't really like to go headless either but that's my choice and my problem, so my own hotel room is my 'secret' changing room and I just make sure to be 100% cool before I brave the elevators. Some things are just...your own issue, IMHO.

Tip for next year: I also bring my own Febreze/alcohol (disinfectant I mean, lol) and a fan for in the hotel room. The fursuit lounge is a much appreciated extra service for me, but they are NOT there to fix all of my unique little fursuiting needs. It is an excellent room to relax, cool down and recharge. Anything else I do in my hotel room.
Registration & Social Media staff

Cyrilius

I have to say, that I was pretty overwhelmed by the fursuit-lounge. It was my first time at the EF with a suit, so I was kinda looking forward to see that mysterious room. ^^

It was amazing... a great way to cool down in front of the big fan or one of the smaller ones, especially during the more... exhausting events. ^^

All the equipment was amazing as well, and the refreshments were well appreciated. ^^

So from me as well a big thank-you to the whole crew.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration

As a first time fursuiter I would like to thank the Fursuit Team for all their hard work. It is really appreciated to have an easily reached cooldown spot with lots of fans where you can take off your head without ruining the illusion and easy access to water and snacks that just magically refill all the time.

I would also like to thank the Fursuit Badge Team for making me a badge on the spot. This way I could stay in character when asked for my name.

Also I would like to thank our attendees for almost always making room for me in the elevators and generally being caring and helpful even when they were being run into, tripped over, tailwhacked and whatnot.

I take home many wonderful memories from my first convention experienced from the inside of a suit. The heat is sooooo worth it.
« Last Edit: 29.08.2013, 12:57:33 by Jumpy »
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence

Well, as "not anymore" team member I still went in every now and then - just to have a look if everything is fine, or if some trash or collapsed suiter is lying around or something needs to be refilled - but always everything was just fine - awesome job in an awesome lounge! You guys rock!

I think I just don't comment on "showers in the lounge"... I'm out of words on that anyway...
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #27 on: 29.08.2013, 14:54:19 »

How do they look? Are they labelled "Fursuit Lounge?" If stuff is not clearly labelled with the name of the department, it will stay in storage because nobody from the packing team will ever know to whom it belongs :)

@Cheetah:
Sehen aus wie grosse gelbe bzw grüne konische Mülleimer.
Mit einem sehr dicken Rand weil Aufstellfläche und einem glatten als Sitzfläche ausgelegten Boden aussen.
Ist kein Beinbruch, überbleibsel eines FSGS Spielt mal, und wollte nur die wo sinnvoll wissen, bevor ich die einfach entsorge.
Zumindest weicht man da keine bezogenen Stühle mit ner klatschnassen Fursuit auf, und der Tail klemmt auch nicht wo ein :D
Und Abuzze geht auch klinisch rein ;)

Alles kein Stress, dachte nur vorhin, "haste ja garnicht gesehen in der FL" ;)
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative

Hey there!

Despite our traditional internal "disputes" about who handles what at the parade, I nevertheless must speak up here and congratulate the tiny-ish team that does Fursuit Support for their excellent work in the lounge. No need to go into detail, as others already did that, but I'm amazed how well the lounge worked out again, despite last-second fan availability problems and the huge onslaught of suiters. *claps slowly*
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,

*chuckles*
Oh, by the way Gyro, I will need 30 security and 1 or 2 ahead teams next year for... err..hey,..put that hammer down ..noo. nooooo..sit..staaaay.. *runs*
---
=^o.o^=
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up