Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your special, beautiful, and most cherished moments at Eurofurence  (Read 17288 times)

lynard

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Lynard (by Dragony)
    • My FA Page

I had several moments during the convention:

Seeing the final scene of the pps on one of our monitors in the backstage - couldn't believe it looked so good
Hearing our Charity people talking about "a few hundred Euros, maybe 300" they might collect here - I had a very very hard time not to burst out in laughter (I know from several conventions, how generous Furrys can be, especially in those cases)
Giving someone a hug and getting a very unexpected, warm response hug back (thats why i seemed a bit absent, but you made my day with that)

kitti.deluxe

hi  :D
it was my first furry convention  and I really really loved it   ;D
so here is my little moment: while the dancing, I think it was saturday night, the music failed and there was no sound any longer...BUT only a few seconds because all the furries
started to do music by singing: I like to move it move it! everybody was singing and we clapped our hands and put the hands in the air...it's just a little moment I know but I found it awesome cause it showed how friendly the mood was and even failed music in a furry disco couldn't stop the party ^^

Sinea

For me it was a lot of Situations during the PPS and the Soundtrack :D

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator

I think my happiest moment at the con was during the pawpetshow rehearsal. We never got to try the underwater scene in actual UV light, so all previous rehearsals took place in bright daylight on Dhary's parking lot, looking more like some kind of bizarre expression dance instead of a PPS scene :)

We set up all foreground panels and special FX and props, and did one "dry" run on stage in the middle of the night, just to test the choreography. Then we finally turned the lights off, our custom made helium UV bubble machines on, fired up the black light floods, started up Fox Amoore's "Wonders of the Deep", and it went through without a hitch, and it looked GORGEOUS. 6 Months of hard work to make that scene happen, never been able to actually try it, and there it just worked like a charm.

I actually jumped up and shouted "YAHOOOOO!" in the end, and believe me, I rarely do that at 4 in the morning during PPS rehearsals :)

I was just magic, like a dream come true.
yours,

Cheetah

Schorse

My special moment was, when Alexia and Hiro from Singapore knocked on my door and gave me a gib Alexia plush dragon. I nearly started to cry.
We know each other for a few years and chat every now and then. But I never thought I'd be such a good friend for him. *starts sniffing again*
Today the stuffing did arrive and he's filled up now. And it seems that he already made friends here. :)
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu63/Schorse1000/Alexia%20plushie/Alexiaplushie10_zpsf1369a1f.jpg
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu63/Schorse1000/Alexia%20plushie/Alexiaplushie9_zpsee68ae0e.jpg
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu63/Schorse1000/Alexia%20plushie/Alexiaplushie7_zpse06dbf8f.jpg

Bigwig

• Suitname: Shadowhunter

My special moments were...

- leaving men's roads at the zoo behind realizing we had walked into a compound
- pawpetshow: soundtracks & underwater scene: uv illumination and fishs floating thru the room
- earning more spots at roomparties and making new friends there
- furry short movie with the piano under the tree and the (sheets of) music bridging to the furry world
- surf-board riding with prio for preliminaries but free for anyone (<10 secs in fursuit but great fun)

Cyrilius

So many wonderful memories from this EF.

My most amazing one was probably the Fursuit-Parade and the people of Magdeburg. As a first-time suiter seeing all these people waving and clapping and cheering, wanting hugs and photos was simply one of the most wonderful experiences in my life. :)

Drift

• Art Show

My special moment was similar to that what Furvan experienced:

I was one of the last suiters in the zoo. Taking a little break and waiting for the last bus to arrive, I sat on a bench in the public area (still in my suit). A family (granddad, grandma and two children) approched me. The dad was really excitied, going on about that they finally found "one of the special creatures", and what a fine example of a wolf they had found here, how soft my fur was, how nice my claws were etcetc. Not only that he was totally flattering me (and I was happy that they could not see me blushing under the suit), but he was also more taken away by the magic than the kids, who just stood there gaping with their mouths open. I think I have never seen an non furry adult getting so enthusiastic about a fur suiter in my life.

Finally  - after tons of hugs and fotos - they left, and it was time for me to go as well.
I changed, got my bearings, and went for the exit of the zoo. On my way, I passed the four of them sitting in the cafeteria. As I was already carrying a suspiciously big box (with my fursuit inside) and the granddad watching me thoughtfully, I just gave them a little wave and a smile. His eyes went big, and he asked his family:"Is that the wolf? I think it is the wolf!" I had to laugh hard, but just shrugged, gave them a little wink and walked on, followed by the granddads excited comments: "Yes, I am sure of it, it is our wolf. It is really him..."

Later that week, at the parade, I actually met them again - twice! They doubled back after I passed them the first time so they could see and greet more of "their" wolf, how they kept calling me since the zoo.
That whole experience really warmed my heart, and puts a smirk on my face every time I think about it. I never thought that bystanders could get so attached to suiters (whom they never met before) as to follow them/look out for them and get so happy when they find them again. It shows me once more how much joy and delight a suiter can deliver to all the (non furry) people out there, and how much appreciated the fandom can be even by non furries.

VulpesRex

My special moment was similar to that what Furvan experienced:

I was one of the last suiters in the zoo. Taking a little break and waiting for the last bus to arrive, I sat on a bench in the public area (still in my suit). A family (granddad, grandma and two children) approched me. The dad was really excitied, going on about that they finally found "one of the special creatures", and what a fine example of a wolf they had found here, how soft my fur was, how nice my claws were etcetc. Not only that he was totally flattering me (and I was happy that they could not see me blushing under the suit), but he was also more taken away by the magic than the kids, who just stood there gaping with their mouths open. I think I have never seen an non furry adult getting so enthusiastic about a fur suiter in my life.

...I never thought that bystanders could get so attached to suiters (whom they never met before) as to follow them/look out for them and get so happy when they find them again. It shows me once more how much joy and delight a suiter can deliver to all the (non furry) people out there, and how much appreciated the fandom can be even by non furries.

You know...I am beginning to suspect that there is really no such thing as a "non furry"...only "unrealised" ones - and I think that your experience just helped to confirm that.
« Last Edit: 02.09.2013, 01:43:58 by VulpesRex »
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com

There was several great moments. One was when preliminary charity amount was announced. Charity lady was so touched. But what I almost liked more was when Pinky added that all we did was raise some money, but they have devoted their whole life helping those animals, they are the real heroes here. So true.

Another thing I'm going to remember for a long time lasted just few seconds, but so these things often do. In fursuit parade, I was trying to catch up the head of the parade so I was moving quickly. Lot of people were watching the parade and there was also young man in wheelchair. The happiness on his face was just indescribable. It made me so happy and I felt so good of being part of this fandom.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up