Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anyone see my G2 phone?  (Read 4447 times)

Henrieke

• Pawpet Show
    • FA page
Did anyone see my G2 phone?
« on: 23.09.2013, 22:00:07 »

EF was awesome, but sadly there was one big downer: On the evening of Thursday the 22nd my phone disappeared. It's most likely that it got stolen, but just in case anyone has picked it up or has seen it, I'm asking here.

I was sitting in the lobby around midnight at the leather chairs, and was chatting with friends and last used my phone to write a tweet. I either put my phone in my bag again and it got taken from there, or I accidentally left it on the chair I was sitting in when I got up. I noticed the phone was missing about 10 minutes after I last used it, but when I returned to the chair it was nowhere to be found. The people who sat down there after me were friends and they haven't seen it either, so it must have been taken almost immediately. We tried calling the phone, but it didn't ring. The battery of the phone was almost dead though, so it either died or somebody switched it off.
We reported it at conops immediately but the phone hasn't been found anymore. We filed a police report during EF.

I doubt anyone who reads this forum has the phone but I can try. It is a G2 phone from the United States, it can be distinguished from the European version by that it has a T-mobile logo on the front rather than a HTC one, and on the back it has 'G2' etched into the metal case. My phone also had a sticker with the number on the back.
Here is a photo of a G2: http://www.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/htc-pro-windows-phone-7-wp7-sprint-hands-on-17.jpg

This is also a warning for everyone: Though EF is a safe place with an awesome atmosphere, the lobby is a public area, and with a con as large as it is now, you sadly can't trust everyone. So keep an eye on your stuff at all times!

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
Re: Did anyone see my G2 phone?
« Reply #1 on: 25.09.2013, 21:53:53 »

If that's the case if it's stolen: LOCK YOUR PHONE via your telecom provider so no-one can use your phone! Same case with me, but then it was on the train. Hopefully you get your phone back asap! :)
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3
Pages: [1]   Go Up