Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Your special, beautiful, and most cherished moments at Eurofurence  (Read 16519 times)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories

Have you had a very special moment at Eurofurence ?
I don't mean the kind of "Oh, I'm so happy to be here. The dances were great, I got to meet XY,..yadda yadda.." ;-)

I'm talking of moments that put you into wonderland. Things that make a difference. That touched your heart.

If you did, please share them with us. :-)

[ SERIOUSLY! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT NOTEWORTHY MAGICAL MOMENTS THAT ARE INTERESTING TO SHARE AND READ FOR EVERYONE. :-) ]
« Last Edit: 28.08.2013, 12:20:01 by Mystifur »
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories

Last year, when I was loading my car behind the fursuit lounge, Miss Lamprecht, one of the Maritim Service staff, came to me saying: "All these critters look so fun and awesome. I wish I would have had the chance to get into such a costume myself."

Obviously the con was over then and everyone but me had left.
However, her wish was not forgotten.  8)

This year we arranged for that. A fursuit was borrowed (Thanks BBF!), we dragged her into the lounge, stuffed her inside, filled her up with some cups of EF-green, and basically told her: "And now you go out and have fun."

And so she did  ;D

Later that afternoon I received the following SMS from from her: (Translation below)

"Vielen vielen Dank dass Ihr mir das ermöglicht habt. ..auch wenn ich nicht so viel rumgekaspert habe (Anm: wie die erfahrenen Suiter) war es für mich eine super Erfahrung. Bitte sage den Helfern und dem Eigentümer nochmal vielen Dank. ...und wir sehen uns in Berlin im nächten Jahr."

"Many many thanks that you made this possible. ..even if I didn't fool around as much (as the more experience suiters) it was a super experience for me. Bitte forward my thanks to the helpers and the suit owner again. ...and I'm going to see you in Berlin next year."

Mission accomplished
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Arctic Steve

For me it has to be the Fursuit Parade.

Seeing and interacting with the kids of Magdeburg on the walk was by far the most magical experience I've had in my 3 months as a suiter.

Kinase

For me, it was the winning of the fursuit gameshow :D

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence

While this con has been a wonderful time for me where I had many good moments with my friends, there are a few moments that quite stick out. There was the guided meditation with the wonderful Amadhia Dreamsong - I rarely see people so touched. The next was a more private talk with her - Amadhia, if you read this: again thank you so much for taking time for me and for being there for so many of us.

The next was the charity concert - it gave me goose bumps all over and I've seen people cry...

And the last thing was talking with the guys from the charity right before the PawPetShow while we waited for the seating to start (they were keeping those coons in our office). She told me they were thinking about building a new enclosure for some small animals (forgot which) - estimated cost of 800 Euros - but didn't have the money for it. I thought "well, it will be enough for that for sure" but didn't say anything. From last years experince I was quite sure we reach a 5 digit number again... that anounced 15 k were great - the official 19k even better (what a great number - thank you all, guys!). The poor lady ... when Pinky announced those 1500 here and 1600 there - her face was going wild with disbeleaf already - this was by far more than she had hoped for. But then the 15.000 were announced and she nearly collapsed on stage... guys - has nobody told her what she signed up for?
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze

Ich bekomme das beim besten Willen nur in Deutsch formuliert ;P

Es begannt am Mittwoch bei dem Zoo Event, bzw beim warten im Betriebhof auf das es losgeht
Ich hatte da neben anderen Besuchern auch mit einem älteren Ehepaar lustige interaktion, spass, als Catcoon halt :)
Die waren davon so begeistert von "ihrer" Waschkatze seit dem, das zum Con kamen und am Hotel nach ihm (Kiras) gesucht und nachgefragt am Freitag vor der Parade, aber ihnen niemand was hinreichendes zum Verbleib sagen konnte.
Das hatten die mir äh Kiras dann so erzählt als sie ihm, der Waschkatz wärend der Parade fündig wurden  ;)
Die waren so dermassen völlig happy und Glücklich ihn gefunden zu haben.
Die hatten einen kleine Mausdings als Geschenk dabei, und drückten und handführen Kiras (wollten ihn garnicht mehr loslassen;)
(Eine Schwägerin war dann auchnoch dabei, und es gab Errinnerungs fotos..)
Sagten das sie traurig sind das EF nach Berlin geht, sie aber auf jeden fall mal nach Berlin fahren um auch dort die Parade anzuschauen und ihre Waschkatze wieder zu sehen ;)
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Thygrrr

• Snarf!

Fursuit parade, when the bystanders began clapping and everything turned into this huge fuzzy pile of plush and people.

When the lady from the Wildtierhilfe Fiel e.V. was moved to tears after Pinky announced the preliminary charity amount.

And the Pawpet show, pretty mch from start to end, including the intermissions.
« Last Edit: 28.08.2013, 13:36:49 by Thygrrr »
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Blacktail

• Art Show

For me it was the Critters at the Zoo event
There was this schoolclass with all this little kiddies and all and everyone of them wanted to fistbump me which I naturally did
I loved the squeals of delight from them

and the second was the opening theme with the video at the Pawpuppetshow
I loved it

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team

Watching the shark turning circles around the huge mirror ball high up in the atrium on Saturday night. Below hundreds of happy people chatting, hugging, cuddling up, some in fursuit ... around the colorful spots of light wandering over floor and floor of hotel room doors, many of them decorated with beautiful, funny, ... door signs ... and above the dark Magdeburg sky, through the glass roof.

Perfect moments.

Kisu

• Mr Panther
    • Homepage

For me it was the pawpetshow, I just love puppetshows sooo much. a year to wait for this moment always breaks my heart. Had some not so manly panther tears atleast 3 times during the show =^^=
Everything, the settings, cast, puppets, the team you guys just rock!

- Kisu
The name 'leopard' may derive from an old notion that leopards were the result of crosses between lions (leo) and panthers (pard).

Kajoken

For me it was a rather personal moment at Wednesday. Around 12:00 o' clock, when the fedex deliveryman finally arrived at the hotel. I didn't even let him into the hotel but got to him right when he opened his transporter. Finally after three years of waiting I got my own fursuit. For a moment I couldn't believe it when I got the package. I took it to the fursuit lounge, unboxed it and put it on and suddenly I felt totally relived and happy. I'll never forget that moment.

For the convention itself there's lots of stuff that was very touching. The visit of the raccoons, the charity concert, the fursuit walk with all those spectators. And of course the crazy sum of over 19.000 Euro for the charity. This makes me proud to be a furry. Thank you everyone for this wonderful experience.

Jake R

• Fursuit support

Every single time I was thanked for volunteering work, be it working in the fursuit lounge, helping at ConOps or selling Otter Noses.

Remember people: none of the staff is paid for their hard work. The only thing that keeps them going is your appreciation. A quick "thank you" goes a very long way. =3
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Jorinda

• Press Relations

There were countless happy moments, but here are some of the greatest:

Arriving at the hotel: seeing the huge groups of people, some of whom I had wanted to meet for a long time. I was just overwhelmed with the happy atmosphere and all the great people there.

The Critters at the Zoo event: A little girl who was scared at first, but when I laid down on the ground she approached an petted my plush fish. One minute later, she hugged me, laughing happily.

The Fursuit Parade: I left the hotel, and there was a huge crowd cheering and clapping. Groups of kids running around asking for hugs, everyone just smiling and taking photos.  We always get happy reactions to fursuits, but I've never seen so many people waiting for us.

Zestence

This did not happen during the convention itself, but I still found it incredibly awesome.

We had just boarded our flight home at Tegel, and one of the flight attendants came to us and said "Can I ask you something?".
She said she saw us board the plane and noticed our badges and lanyards, and asked if we were the people from the convention. We said yes and she got so excited "I am from Magdeburg, it's so awesome, we love you guys". We showed her our badges and talked for a few seconds before pushing back from the gate.

I can't believe the convention has made such an impact on the people of Magdeburg, and this little encounter even helped cure some of my emerging PCD  :)

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3

Those moments during the beginning of the PawPetShow, when Pinky announced the amount we had gathered and Rosi (?) breaking down in tears really brought me to tears as well, such a heartwarming moment <3

The other part would definately be the parade ... I saw some videos of last years FursuitParade, which I didn't attend because I was too shy, and there were already many people waiting for the parade ... but nothing could have prepared me for what we saw and encountered this year. Endless rows and rows of people, all clapping, smiling and taking photos of and with us being totally happy, the citizens of Magdeburg having us in their hearts. For me this was a special moment that really moved me, my first time showing myself in fullsuit to so many smiling spectators; that we got so much appreciation for what we do <3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up