Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who was watching EFprime?  (Read 20000 times)

Tillikum

Who was watching EFprime?
« on: 30.08.2013, 01:50:59 »

Hey attendees,

We hope you had fun watching our TV channel this year again. We made a few improvements to the twitter system and improved the overall picture quality.
Since we have no way of finding out who was watching EFprime and who was not, we thought we'd just ask you about it :)

We'd love to hear back from you with what you liked and what you didn't. Your feedback will help us to improve this channel.

Thank you in advance and we'll see you next year in Berlin!

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
Re: Who was watching EFprime?
« Reply #1 on: 30.08.2013, 02:31:46 »

Really liked it, especially the videos of past EFs (Arabian nights) and the whole palette of different music that played there during the night or the slow-mo of how the stage got put together/broken apart.

I was watching it whenever I changed into my suit or got out of suit and needed a little break or at night just before bed, getting some more nice tunes to fall asleep :3

Good work on providing that service! :3

I cannot say much about the twitter feed, since I'm someone living in the stone-age of smartphones (older Blackberry generation xD ).

The only part I think was strange was the volume of some of the clips - had to boost the TV's volume up all the way and even then it was only slightly "normal" volume / barely hearable.

Clover

« Reply #2 on: 30.08.2013, 09:21:53 »

I only watched it very sporadically while I was in friends rooms.

The live coverage of events is cool : it informs in real time about what's going on and is truly 'inviting' the watchers to go and participate.

About picture quality : it was mediocre at best. Please don't take this as an insult because this has absolutely nothing to do with you EF guys. Hopefully there will be some possibility in the new hotel to feed a digital (or even better, digital HD) signal in the hotel TV system.

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #3 on: 30.08.2013, 09:45:35 »

Basically not at all, only for a few twitter messages and drunken spamming it with mmown tweets at one point.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

djem

• Stage Team
« Reply #4 on: 30.08.2013, 11:16:37 »

I had it almost all the time on when in the room, for music background, or to check what was going on stage :)

Kisu

• Mr Panther
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 30.08.2013, 11:24:10 »

Twitter was nice help for leaving bus trip notes as panther could not be everywhere at same time :3
The name 'leopard' may derive from an old notion that leopards were the result of crosses between lions (leo) and panthers (pard).

karpour

• Charity
  • Roo!
    • ohnitsch
« Reply #6 on: 30.08.2013, 13:42:31 »

We watched every morning while having breakfast on the room, and often had it on in the background!
I really love that EF has its own TV channel and I always enjoy watching it, especially when I'm too tired to go to stage events after suiting I can still watch them on EF Prime :)

The only thing I wondered about: Quite a few times in the morning, around 10am there was nothing running, just black screen and the twitter bar, was it supposed to be like that?

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #7 on: 30.08.2013, 13:56:11 »

I didn't watch EF Prime often.
I found it most useful for Uncle Kage's story hour. I had a backache and could just watch that panel lying on my bed - perfect  ;D.
I also tried watching part of the Pawpet Show. But sadly, either the music was incredibly loud or the voices were too low - either I did not understand what was said, or had to turn up the volume until the music was blasting.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #8 on: 30.08.2013, 15:57:48 »

I watched it a couple of times while resting in my room, as well as for the first half of the pawpet show.

I did notice the better picture quality, a friend commented on it as well, very nice! :)
Clover: We're talking about an analogue signal on CRT TVs, this is about as good as it gets on this hardware.

Grimm

• My FurAffinity page
« Reply #9 on: 30.08.2013, 19:03:46 »

Really enjoyed it!.

Could be nice to have live feeds from lobby and maybe dealers den from time to time though, probably more fun than watching old cfz and ac movies.

James The Dog

« Reply #10 on: 30.08.2013, 20:09:08 »

I watched some of it, but I wasn't really in the room enough to really see much of it, was having too much fun :D! A shame there wasn't a TV in the lobby showing it this year, but the snack point was where the TV had been before, and I guess there was nowhere else in the lobby to put it, and the one at the entrance to the stage could only be seen when the doors were open.
« Last Edit: 30.08.2013, 20:10:43 by James The Dog »

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #11 on: 30.08.2013, 20:16:35 »

I watched some of it, but I wasn't really in the room enough to really see much of it, was having too much fun :D! A shame there wasn't a TV in the lobby showing it this year, but the snack point was where the TV had been before, and I guess there was nowhere else in the lobby to put it, and the one at the entrance to the stage could only be seen when the doors were open.

Totally agreed! Mostly for the twitter feed. But I guess it did mean less trolling of it, from people sitting at the lobby bar. :P

djem

• Stage Team
« Reply #12 on: 30.08.2013, 20:55:06 »

Yep that would be great idea !

- Having one or two camera in the Lobby / Bar
- Having a beamer in the lobby and a large display to play EF prime :)

Jake R

• Fursuit support
« Reply #13 on: 30.08.2013, 22:07:46 »

I watched it... I think twice, once during the banner brawl (because my back demanded I lay down for a bit), and once while sitting at someone else's room. I might've watched it more but all other times I was in my room I was there to quickly drop off / pick up things, take a shower, or sleep.

That said, I probably would've watched it more if I hadn't been so busy working. So yes, great job, please don't stop doing this! =)
Did you know? Smiles are contagious. Try it!

Santa fox

« Reply #14 on: 30.08.2013, 22:12:20 »

I watched it on quite a few occasions, and I quite liked it. Didn't really get much of an chance to last year, but I definately liked it this year.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up