Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who was watching EFprime?  (Read 20009 times)

Arctic Steve

Re: Who was watching EFprime?
« Reply #15 on: 31.08.2013, 01:22:10 »

I watched it. Overall I thought it was brilliant. Only thing which got in the way was that the TV in my room is volume limited, I found it hard to hear at times.

Snow-wolf

• Con Book
« Reply #16 on: 31.08.2013, 01:25:12 »

I was watching it whenever I was in the room and was especially happy about the live broadcast of stage events :)

Bigwig

• Suitname: Shadowhunter
« Reply #17 on: 31.08.2013, 14:53:44 »

I watched it whenever being in the room (e.g. eating, recovering from fursuiting) and I used it to monitor at the evening to check out possible delays, activity, kind of dance-music etc. Going down from level 6 just to check something which could be seen on TV would have incresed elevator usage. The year before I watched a major event on TV from a roomparty. This year I had an excellent stage audio directly sitting in line with the main stage-speaker high above. So there was a perfect balanced mix of music & speach available, from what has been said it seemed not having been used for the TV feed. But even when the sound was ok the noise was never far away (I would guess 45 dB S/N) so maybe you would need a dynamic compressor or go digital in the new hotel if it is possible.

kalaallitamaroq

• Fursuit support
« Reply #18 on: 01.09.2013, 22:13:51 »

I guess I'm repeating what's been said already... but we watched it all the time whenever somebody was in the room. Cartoons in the morning, other funny furry stuff during the day, live coverage of events.... the picture quality was not exactly the best... maybe I'm just not used to analogue TV any longer :D
but anyway, the service is VERY nice! and much appreciated!

Lumo

• KittyFox
« Reply #19 on: 01.09.2013, 22:19:00 »

I watched it every time i was in my room. ^^ And i loved the tweet option <3
Miff Miff <3

James The Dog

« Reply #20 on: 02.09.2013, 00:32:26 »

I never got to see the cartoons, as I was always still asleep when they were on :P

VulpesRex

« Reply #21 on: 02.09.2013, 01:39:43 »

I voted "did not watch it at all" in the survey - but that was because I was at the InterCity Hotel.  Perhaps a few other responders voted the same way, for the same reason, so your results are likely to be skewed a bit to the negative.

...Hey, the survey was at the very top of the topic!  Only after reading the other responses and thinking about it, did I realise that the survey really didn't apply to those of us outside the Maritim...

In the past, I've found EFPrime (and similar offerings at other conventions, such as FCTV at FURther CONfusion in San Jose, California) to be informative and entertaining, and help keep the spirit of the convention alive when all the panels are done for the day, and all that is left are room parties (if you are a "party animal") or the dance (if you are a dancer).  For those of us who are NOT so popular or graceful, it helps.

I am not all that sure that the RSS Tweet-stream open to any and all comments is such a good idea - particularly since it means a smaller/lower resolution view of the programming in the top of the screen - but all in all, I hope that EFPrime continues; I think that it is worth the effort which someone has put into creating and presenting it, and hope they know that many of us appreciate it!

"...GreenAnacondaGreenAnacondaGreenAnaconda..."
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

GreekYoshi

• loves scalies more than anything :P
    • My FA page
« Reply #22 on: 02.09.2013, 11:56:23 »

I was watching it almost whenever i was in the room. But technicaly i had it on for the music mostly (loved it!), and the tweets! ^^
Sadly, when i wanted to watch the Fursuit Gameshow, and the Pawpet Show in my room, the input volume was so low, that when i had my TV's volume to the max, i could hear the static, with the fear that a sudden noise will scare the heck out of me XDDD

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 02.09.2013, 13:32:17 »

At EF, my room is both my home base and my office, and I have EF-Prime running all the time, so whenever I have to go upstairs and work, I would not feel like leaving the con :) Eurofurence is like its own little universe, and I can't imagine turning to any other TV channel from the evil outside universe :)

I did encounter the same problem with the live events, though. I tried to watch "Filth" from my room (where I was busy fixing PPS sound cues from the rehearsal the night before), but I gave up - the audio level was way too low.
yours,

Cheetah

amee2k

• Fursuit support
« Reply #24 on: 08.09.2013, 12:15:44 »

EF Prime was a totally awesome idea and I would really love to see that next year again! It was amazing how that added to the feeling of having a perfectly normal furry life for a week! *idly wags tail* Whenever I was at the room (and didn't sleep) I'd turn it on, at least as background music. It was pretty cool to watch what is happening on the stage when I'm just too exhausted to go down myself. And big thumbs up that you were STILL broadcasting on monday morning(!) when I left the hotel room. Is that last camera and the cable modulator the absolutely last box that you guys load on the truck? XD

Without sounding ungrateful, here are two thoughts that I had though. (If that should better go into a different feedback thread, please tell me :3 ) Firstly, maybe I just missed it but how about about showing panel videos, at least of panels that are recorded? There is only one main stage, but there are lots of panels and in particular on friday morning there were several at once that I found sounded interesting. Possibly on a second "educational" channel, that could also be used for relaying external furry-relevant events like furcast on saturday night, or the funday pawpet show on sunday.

And secondly, after all the regular programming is over at the end of the convention, and the stage is mostly deserted after the first clean-up, maybe turn the camera to the other side so it points outside into the lobby (or some other place) where something is still moving?

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #25 on: 08.09.2013, 13:32:12 »

There is only one main stage, but there are lots of panels and in particular on friday morning there were several at once that I found sounded interesting. Possibly on a second "educational" channel, that could also be used for relaying external furry-relevant events like furcast on saturday night, or the funday pawpet show on sunday.

And secondly, after all the regular programming is over at the end of the convention, and the stage is mostly deserted after the first clean-up, maybe turn the camera to the other side so it points outside into the lobby (or some other place) where something is still moving?

The problem with broadcasting panels is that on one hand, they are very specific and usually what we call "Special interest material", which is why we never broadcast them. However, there are also technical aspects:

We only have one channel to broadcast on
We can't wire up the entire hotel so we can broadcast life from the wing opposite of the main stage
We don't have the manpower to run a compley channel like this.

So I'm very sorry, but I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.

When it comes to the lobby cam: This was a spontaneous idea and since the new hotel again has a completely different layout with completely different opportunities, expect a lot more spontaneous ideas next year. :)
Official Something

amee2k

• Fursuit support
« Reply #26 on: 08.09.2013, 13:54:02 »

The problem with broadcasting panels is that on one hand, they are very specific and usually what we call "Special interest material", which is why we never broadcast them. However, there are also technical aspects:

We only have one channel to broadcast on
We can't wire up the entire hotel so we can broadcast life from the wing opposite of the main stage
We don't have the manpower to run a compley channel like this.

If there is only one channel available, that makes sense. But I wasn't thinking of broadcasting panels live, that wouldn't allow people to check out things they missed for other concurrent events. I had the idea because I noticed a fair number of cameras at the panels, so I thought people could drop off their footage.

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #27 on: 08.09.2013, 14:07:28 »

Only if they also drop off their manpower to edit all the stuff, encode and upload / ingest it... while still being at the con, under time pressure of having a broadcast schedule. :)

Honestly, we love to think big, but sometimes we just have to be realistic. :)
Official Something

OliverFOX

« Reply #28 on: 12.09.2013, 11:24:22 »

I choose "Did not watch it at all" because I only was in the room for rest or sleep.
When I am on a con I want to see the con, thats why I am normaly not in my room . ^^

Sheppy

• Nigga #1
  • Registration
  • Reg Team / BlackDude for everything ^_^
    • Sheppy
« Reply #29 on: 12.09.2013, 11:43:32 »

EF-Prime ran quite all the time ^_^ ... why? ... cause its the the way how its supposed to be *wagwag*
You come in and have nice music and furry stuff filling your room comeing from EF-Prime. (except when i slept xD)

The Music and Program was awesome ... keep it that way!
Telegram - @ShishaSheppy
Twitter - @ShishaSheppy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up