Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EF 20 Prices?  (Read 20250 times)

GreekYoshi

• loves scalies more than anything :P
    • My FA page
EF 20 Prices?
« on: 02.09.2013, 12:06:46 »

Is there any estimation for the room prices for EF20?  ???
Will it be the same as the Maritim?
With early-late options too?
(I assume registration price will be the same?)

I want to see if i can gather the money needed until then. Because you know, new hotel, new prices! (i hope lower?) x3

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
Re: EF 20 Prices?
« Reply #1 on: 02.09.2013, 12:41:27 »

We cannot say anything yet, but if youre smart you start saving the same amount like this year plus some Euros on top to be on the safe side.
I dont think that we will be far away from this years prices.

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #2 on: 03.09.2013, 23:40:42 »

On the other hand, you likely won't be buying a 60 euro train ticket to get from the airport to the consite. Berlin is also a hub-city, which means lots of choice and competition amongst the airlines. For some foreign furs next year might even be slightly cheaper. ;)

GreekYoshi

• loves scalies more than anything :P
    • My FA page
« Reply #3 on: 04.09.2013, 11:30:23 »

Yesh, cheaper in transportation, but more expensive in EF20's rooms/attenting D8 (paranoid mode, activated)

Hehe, its just a theory. But in my case, i was traveling with the FurBus all these 4 years (except once i had to grab the train, for bad timing reasons ;_;), which was rather cheaper than the train, plus, i had more furs as company with me *makes a cute grin*  ;D

Oh! now that you mentioned Berlin's transportation, in the meantime, i am checking the best/cheapest route from Schonefeld airport to Sonenallee  :D
Which i have to discuss about it sometime later in the appropriate thread :3

Leophan

« Reply #4 on: 04.09.2013, 19:59:47 »

Didn't they say at the opening ceremony that they didn't have to raise the price that much, and that breakfast would be included next year?

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #5 on: 04.09.2013, 20:09:40 »

Didn't they say at the opening ceremony that they didn't have to raise the price that much, and that breakfast would be included next year?

That's what we said. 8)

The detailed calculation hasn't been done yet, though. Bear with us, we all need a break...
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #6 on: 10.09.2013, 17:15:49 »

FINALLY! No more looking outside the hotel for morning noms!  ;D AWESOME!
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #7 on: 10.09.2013, 17:38:12 »

But if you insist, there's a McD across the street...  ;D
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #8 on: 10.09.2013, 20:39:40 »

But if you insist, there's a McD across the street...  ;D
Heh, thanks but I think I don't have a moneytree in my yard. (err, actually I have a balcony...)
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Ralesk

« Reply #9 on: 10.09.2013, 21:03:37 »

With food included in the EF deal, I'm idly reminded of the barcode food tokens at EF12 :)
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

EchoesAbove

• Noodle Noodle
« Reply #10 on: 13.09.2013, 17:57:14 »

Just curious, what's with the trainticket deal? Is there a way to have a discount too?
As far as I know the old discount was from the maritim hotel and not from EF itself...
I'm a noodle!

SqueekyMoonkin

« Reply #11 on: 05.10.2013, 00:18:26 »

I know EF prices for 2014 won't be posted for awhile. Though for those of us whom have never been to EF before, could somone answer the following, so I can get an idea of minimally how much it may cost. And yes I know Berlin is more expensive, so please don't respond with that.

-Early Pre_reg costs
-One nights stay in the old Maritim hotel (and yes I am aware once again that EF 20 is in a new location)
-Hotel taxes per night
-Are there events that tend to cost a bit extra and are not covered by the registration fee?

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #12 on: 05.10.2013, 02:05:12 »

Hi! I can answer some but not all of your questions:

-Hotel taxes per night
-Are there events that tend to cost a bit extra and are not covered by the registration fee?

Hotel taxes are included in the advertised fees. They are (if present) listed on the receipt but fees and prices in Europe are generally listed "all inclusive".
As for the events: everything provided "on site" has been so far included in the con fee. But: there have been "charity concerts" with limited seating and extra tickets or "off site" events where some people might have to pay, like the zoo parade this year. Overall I'd say it's save to have an extra 50 or so Euro planned in for such cases.

-Early Pre_reg costs
-One nights stay in the old Maritim hotel (and yes I am aware once again that EF 20 is in a new location)

Somebody from the registration team might answer the first one - I could only find my payment e-mails and it only listed a total, not the individual positions so I'm down to guessing and I'd rather not  ;)
As for the hotel rate outside of "early arrival" - you could use one of these online hotel portal pages like "booking.com" to get a good rate. Con room rates aren't much off anyway. The first overflow hotel I roomed in (back in Suhl) was giving me the same rate as for the con for a day early and day late but that is at the discretion of the hotel.

Hope that helps!

SqueekyMoonkin

« Reply #13 on: 05.10.2013, 09:10:27 »

Hotel taxes are included in the advertised fees. They are (if present) listed on the receipt but fees and prices in Europe are generally listed "all inclusive".
As for the events: everything provided "on site" has been so far included in the con fee. But: there have been "charity concerts" with limited seating and extra tickets or "off site" events where some people might have to pay, like the zoo parade this year. Overall I'd say it's save to have an extra 50 or so Euro planned in for such cases.

As for the hotel rate outside of "early arrival" - you could use one of these online hotel portal pages like "booking.com" to get a good rate. Con room rates aren't much off anyway. The first overflow hotel I roomed in (back in Suhl) was giving me the same rate as for the con for a day early and day late but that is at the discretion of the hotel.

Hope that helps!
Indeed that does help. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Do you know that since EF is a large event at this venue, whether or not they still require full payment for the entire stay upfront when booking a room? I read that on the Estrel hotel site, but wasn't sure if that's normal or if possibly a  policy that varies by hotel.

« Last Edit: 07.10.2013, 11:07:47 by Cheetah »

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #14 on: 07.10.2013, 03:19:29 »

I'm not sure if this is going to change with the new hotel (but I think that is unlikely) - until now when registering for EF, you get the option to get a room at the main hotel. The fees for accomodation have to be fully paid upfront to Eurofurence  eV. In the registration system there was the possibility to choose a room mate (or get a random one if you don't). The data was transfered to the hotel which assigned a room to each of the groups - a process which Eurofurence had only limited influence on.

(Edited by Moderator: Sorry, but this is outdated information. The registration procedure is going to change. Room reservations will be separated from con registration in the future. We will post the details here as soon as we have them.)
« Last Edit: 07.10.2013, 11:09:18 by Cheetah »
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up