Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Karaoke?  (Read 5479 times)

Raichi

Karaoke?
« on: 07.09.2013, 11:24:28 »

Is there a karaoke room on eurofurence usually? (if yes, I couldn't find it in the .pdf schedule, is there a reason for this?)

Personally I have a big love for karaoke and recently started working with soramimi, first I did some japanese songs from anime, but now I've starting on disney songs involving animals. My oliver and company and dogs go to heaven folders are almost completed.

SO now I wonder, is there any interest from fursuiters or visitors to do karaoke? (I know most understand karaoke in the western culture as just the bg music, but at the conventions I visit they only leave out the vocals if you specifically request it, and not all songs even have that option)

Would there be copyright issues?
On the conventions I go to it's not allowed to film and upload the singing of a karaoke song, because the convention fears getting in trouble because they show a picture or avi from the anime in question in the background. Would this problem be gone if there is no background image or if the background image was from an artist with permission?

What kind of songs would you like to sing? Personally I think it's cool to just make all songs from movies involving animals, lion king, ducktales, the aristocats, heck even the owls of ga'hoole xD but I can imagine it's limiting to only do animal songs.

What would be a good location for Karaoke? The equipment that I see at the conventions, beamer, boxes, microphones, lighting, screens and laptops, all generate a big deal of heat. Most conventions have the karaoke placed in a big room, like bigger than PE rooms at school, where there is also other stuff to do, or they place it next to an entrance with open doors and open windows. Personally I've never been to eurofurence so I have no idea what to expect from the building.

Please leave a comment  ;D hopefully see ya'll next year (i have a complex suit I want to make myself, so it's a matter of finishing it in time for next year)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Karaoke?
« Reply #1 on: 07.09.2013, 16:04:07 »

Is there a karaoke room on eurofurence usually?

Not usually, but we had one in the bar this year, and while it of course divided the crowd into those who enjoy that kind of thing and those who don't, those who were in the bar at the time seemed to have a blast.

is there any interest from fursuiters or visitors to do karaoke?

Yes.

Would there be copyright issues?

That depends on the material.

the convention fears getting in trouble because they show a picture or avi from the anime in question in the background. Would this problem be gone if there is no background image or if the background image was from an artist with permission?

We only showed the text, no images, so there is only the music licensing to cover.

What kind of songs would you like to sing? Personally I think it's cool to just make all songs from movies involving animals, lion king, ducktales, the aristocats, heck even the owls of ga'hoole xD but I can imagine it's limiting to only do animal songs.

We made it a group event, aka "bar karaoke" ... we had a big projector, so not only the contestant, but everyone could sing along. And well-known pop songs were used, lot's of 80s and 90s hits that everyboyd knows and can sing along. No anime stuff. That's the way it works with a general audience.

What would be a good location for Karaoke?

As I said, we did it in the bar, and it was a great location. However since we're moving venues, and the Estrel bar is out in the open, we'll have to thing of something new next year.

Warning, prepare for very off-tune singing :)

yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up