Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Eurofurence 11 - Pawpetshow Video  (Read 16325 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Poll: Eurofurence 11 - Pawpetshow Video
« on: 05.10.2013, 19:37:14 »

Hello everybody!

I'm currently working hard to get a few old projects out of my system. One of them is the EF 11 Pawpetshow "Songs of the Old Ages". Yes, the one from 2005. Yes, the one with the music nazis :)

Hey, I'm only 8 years behind, what's your problem? :) Now, I realize that this is a really old show, and it's very different to what we do today. So if you've only seen the EF17/18/19 shows (the "new school" pawpetshows) you might be a bit disappointed of our "old school" show from our first year in Nuremberg. On the other hand, I think the EF11 show was one of the most charming ones we had, and the only one so far which incorporated a musicial live performance!

I've made a double-DVD set, which has a few nice extras:

* Multi-Angle: Switch back and forth between audience view and backstage view at any time!
* 5.1 surround sound
* English and german subtitles
* PAL 16:9 Letterboxed (Yeah, this is from a time where widescreen was considered high end :) )

Now - I'm not sure how to publish this. So I'm asking: Who here would actually be willing to BUY a set on dvd-r in a box? Or would you rather prefer a digital download (which in this case would be a set of two DVD images)? Or both? Would you pay for a disc, even if we decided to release it as a free download?

What is your opinion?

« Last Edit: 05.10.2013, 19:40:10 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Arctic Steve

Re: Poll: Eurofurence 11 - Pawpetshow Video
« Reply #1 on: 05.10.2013, 19:45:37 »

As a newbie who missed out on anything before 2013, i'd buy one.  It'd be nice to see how the show was, compared to recent ones.

aphinion

« Reply #2 on: 05.10.2013, 19:53:24 »

DVD's would be too old school for me. Just a piece of antique plastic. How about a pay what you want download? I'd donate 15€ for that!

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #3 on: 05.10.2013, 20:14:31 »

DVD and download and I'd pay for it.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Blacktail

• Art Show
« Reply #4 on: 06.10.2013, 00:29:03 »

I would buy one just so it looks cool in my dvd collection
and for watching ^^

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
« Reply #5 on: 06.10.2013, 05:27:31 »

I am old-fashioned.  I prefer a DVD (hopefully region-free).

That was the Eurofurence where my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  It would be a nice present to give to them for Christmas this year!

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 06.10.2013, 13:55:36 »

I am old-fashioned.  I prefer a DVD (hopefully region-free).

All our DVDs have always been region free - the problem is the different SD television standards (PAL vs. NTSC). They both have different pixel aspect ratios and frame rates, and for some reason, multi-format players seem to never have caught on in the US - so many US dvd players will reject the disc showing the "incompatible region" screen, although the disc is not region coded at all.

(In fact, consumer equipment as we use doesn't even allow content encryption or region coding or all that fancy crap the industry uses to turn customers into criminals.)

Unfortunately, you can't just press a button in the DVD authoring software and export both formats. The way DVDs work, you basically have to convert and re-encode all the source material, and then build the entire DVD from scratch, including every single video, intro, menu and you'll even have to re-time the subtitles and resample the audio because the pulldown process changes the running time.

In short: It's a nightmare. So the DVD will definitely be PAL only, I am sorry. DVD players on a PC or a laptop will probably have no issue playing it, but stand-alone players need to be multi-format compatible.

That was the Eurofurence where my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  It would be a nice present to give to them for Christmas this year!

I think your parents' anniversary was one year later, at EF12 ...
yours,

Cheetah

Adrixan

• Fursuit Gameshow
« Reply #7 on: 07.10.2013, 07:43:11 »

I'd definitely PAY for a digital download but really DISLIKE DVDs.

For the paid digital download at least the main show, should be available as a video file to watch directly though, the rest on DVD images would be fine

Ralesk

« Reply #8 on: 07.10.2013, 11:07:23 »

It would be a nice addition to my EF X DVD :)
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 07.10.2013, 11:18:40 »

I'd definitely PAY for a digital download but really DISLIKE DVDs.

For the paid digital download at least the main show, should be available as a video file to watch directly though, the rest on DVD images would be fine

The download would definitely be in the form of DVD images. The raw material is interlaced PAL video, and there's no other format that correctly handles field encoding.  (Or to be more precise, no other format has widely available support for that in encoders & players. Same goes for stuff like multi-angle. Theoretically it's all possible, but try finding a player that is actually aware of those features. Good luck :) )

yours,

Cheetah

Taggy

• Little Fox
« Reply #10 on: 07.10.2013, 21:40:35 »

Would be interessting if it is on sell. Even if it is an old pawpetshow. It is history.  ;)

Angus

• The Daily Eurofurence Photographer
  • The Daily Eurofurence
    • [FA]
« Reply #11 on: 08.10.2013, 22:46:42 »

EF11 was my first furry convention. I remember that year's pawpet show as one of the best ones. So I'd definitely buy a DVD set. Download (even if it was payed) would be okay, too. But I'd prefer the DVDs.

VulpesRex

« Reply #12 on: 19.10.2013, 07:17:10 »

Despite being an electronic technician dealing mainly with communications, For various reasons which I won't go into, I do NOT have a high-speed internet connection; I'm still on a dial-up.  Video downloads are just impractical for me (and I suspect a few others).

I would pay for a DVD.  Heck, two of my most treasured DVDs are the "Phantom of the Pawpet Show", and the "Unlucky 13: EF Convention Highlights" disc.

...And if anyone out there has any spare DVDs of other EF Pawpet Shows (assuming some were made), I'd be glad to buy one of each from you!
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #13 on: 26.10.2013, 13:43:33 »

I'd possibly chip in, but I hardly remember the show (was it the one with Dirty Deeds Done by Sheep?).

Now, if you want a Shut Up and Take My Money reaction, do any PPS starting from EF13.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

MOW

• Registration
« Reply #14 on: 27.10.2013, 16:24:34 »

I'd possibly chip in, but I hardly remember the show (was it the one with Dirty Deeds Done by Sheep?).

No, that was EF12, Blackwhite Castle.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up