Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volunteering for work EF20: Can I help you with that!(?)  (Read 7648 times)

Rattie

EF18 was a blast (this was my first BTW) and 19 even better, I really felt like being part of the scenery. This feeling was (and still is) extraordinary, and next year I would very much like to offer my help - to whatever job might be nessesary (and boring for that matter). But how does it work?
Would you (the staff of Eurofurence) appreciate that I come and offer my help during the con, or is there a more official way to volunteer?
« Last Edit: 17.11.2013, 17:32:29 by Rattie »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Volunteering for work EF20: Can I help you with that!(?)
« Reply #1 on: 18.11.2013, 10:32:42 »

The important part is that you need to make up your mind what you want to do, and what you have to offer. The best way is to pick a department you would like to volunteer for (based on your skills and preferences), and directly contact the corressponding department lead. There's a list of contact adresses on the EF homepage ... but if in doubt, you can directly contact me, or ask here on the forum. I'll be happy to forward your application.

yours,

Cheetah

White_Dragon

• ConOps Office Manager
  • ConOps
  • Cuddly Dwaggy , Free hugs
« Reply #2 on: 20.11.2013, 22:29:19 »

Heya .

If you not sure how , which job or task you would like to do and when ( during convention )
I'd recommend join as volunteer in ConOps.

Our duty is provide wide range of services and many interesting tasks, also we use to rent our volunteers to others departments.
Starting a time with us give you an oppurtunity see work of other deparments and you can try various tasks in time you are willing to give. Here you would yourself see where you can help most and what need be done.

If you interested just drop email to operatios. We woul start looking for volunteers after registration opens.

All best.

EF ConOps only place where " Dragons " rule , you find " solution " to your problems and  you got " eaten " for disobedience.  :)

Venture

« Reply #3 on: 12.12.2013, 16:23:03 »

I'm also curious about this, regarding security mostly, though I have never been to EF before so it might be illogical to start volunteering right away?

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #4 on: 12.12.2013, 17:34:08 »

I'm also curious about this, regarding security mostly, though I have never been to EF before so it might be illogical to start volunteering right away?

Not illogical, but I would recomend to participate your first EF without volunteering - there is surely much to take in, you should savor your "first time" without work ;)
Next year, you know the drill, and you know what departements there are/what they do, and where you would like to help best. Makes it easier to choose from...

White_Dragon

• ConOps Office Manager
  • ConOps
  • Cuddly Dwaggy , Free hugs
« Reply #5 on: 12.12.2013, 22:24:30 »

Would be velcome to Con Ops any time if you feel restless during convention or lost and we will put your skill and talent to good use. But as Drift said you shoul get a feel for convention before you commit yourself.

Also it gives you the chance to talk and understand what it mean to be volunteer and how convention runs by meet friendly staff. I really not eat other furries "OFTEN"  #p
EF ConOps only place where " Dragons " rule , you find " solution " to your problems and  you got " eaten " for disobedience.  :)

Venture

« Reply #6 on: 13.12.2013, 00:19:25 »

Would be velcome to Con Ops any time if you feel restless during convention or lost and we will put your skill and talent to good use. But as Drift said you shoul get a feel for convention before you commit yourself.

Also it gives you the chance to talk and understand what it mean to be volunteer and how convention runs by meet friendly staff. I really not eat other furries "OFTEN"  #p

Just an occasional nibble eh?

Thanx for the advice ;) I'll sit this one out!

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #7 on: 30.12.2013, 17:05:23 »

I rolled in to con-ops the first year I attended. The main reason is I am not a very talkative person if it comes to strangers.
Like most people I rather stick to what I know then go find 'someone' to talk to.

So it was a real embrace to work with a group of people that are so dedicated and because talk comes natural when you are organizing or doing something as a team, the rest of the conversation follows without that 'embarrassing blush'.

I will not with good conscious say that its the best way to socialize at the con and will probably taint your first visit a little cause their are some expectations of you and if you are really willing you will have all the work you could ever wish for. As pointed out earlier, your first con is probably going to blow your mind.
If that means more to you then your commitment to help out and (in smaller degrees) socialize with the rest of the crew, I would strongly recommend to just attend the con and then volunteer up for a department next year.

However, you are also (always) free to volunteer up for smaller tasks, we always need watchers for the fursuit parade, people to arrange the main stage (at EF19 I remember doing that almost twice a day with a group to arrange around a 1000 chairs) or haul out all the equipment when the con is over or help Pinky to collect money for charity (I helped two guys out to un-package a 'small' number of lei's last year)
So even if you are not volunteered to any department or task just look and ask around. I'm sure you can help out.

And we are all a friendly bunch, just chat up with us even if you don't feel like volunteering. We might be busy at times (which is not the best moment to strike up a conversation), but apart from that, we also fill in enough idle time waiting for this or that. So feel free to speak up and say hi to any of the crew (and off course any other EF visitor).
Pages: [1]   Go Up