Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [EF20] Police (or related) furries?  (Read 22967 times)

Venture

[EF20] Police (or related) furries?
« on: 17.12.2013, 23:58:14 »

Since the EF20 is all about CSI, are there any real life cop's (or related) furry's coming to EF? :)
« Last Edit: 10.03.2014, 09:12:56 by Cheetah »

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
Re: [EF20] Police (or related) furry's?
« Reply #1 on: 18.12.2013, 21:53:26 »

I'd more fit into the forensics cathegory in CSI, ahahahah xD I'm currenty studying to become a bio-medical laboratory scientist :) That's what I believe our teachors told us it's called in English. Either way. Laboratory stuff, woohoo! Even observing autopsies and analyzing the remains, from time to time, if you're employed in the right department for it (pathology).

Venture

« Reply #2 on: 24.12.2013, 05:27:14 »

I'd more fit into the forensics cathegory in CSI, ahahahah xD I'm currenty studying to become a bio-medical laboratory scientist :) That's what I believe our teachors told us it's called in English. Either way. Laboratory stuff, woohoo! Even observing autopsies and analyzing the remains, from time to time, if you're employed in the right department for it (pathology).

Interesting, for us those tasks are preformed by the national forensics institute (NFI), not by the police. Both are part of the Ministry of Justice though.

PATROL

• Convention Security Operative
  • Roads? How boring!
« Reply #3 on: 24.12.2013, 11:00:46 »

Aiming towards it. I study at a faculty of criminal justice and security. Which is pretty much police work.

VulpesRex

« Reply #4 on: 26.12.2013, 21:32:13 »

In the late 1970's I served as a Police Dispatcher on a small-town police force in the middle of the Mojave Desert in California.  This was before the days of the "911" universal emergency telephone number.  It meant that I wore a uniform like a police officer, but with a smaller badge, and no more police powers than any other citizen; I couldn't arrest or cite anyone, except as a "Citizens' Arrest".

My job consisted of working at the front desk of our small police station, answering the phone, taking complaints and dispatching police officers or calling out the volunteer fire department.  It meant raising the flag in the morning in front of City Hall (if I worked the graveyard shift) and taking it down after 17:00 (if I worked the swing shift).  It meant that after City Hall was closed for the day (after 17:00), I was the city government, for any emergencies, complaints, or troubles which the Good Citizens of Adelanto, California, thought the city government was responsible for handling.

In our police department the dispatchers handled all citizens who called or came in the front door, mostly just like the receptionist in any corporate lobby.  If their business required a form, we gave them the right form and hleped them fill it out.  If it required a police officer, we grabbed one if he was in the station, or got on the radio and had him report to either the station or the scene of the incident  (Our town had one full-time officer per shift, augmented by reserve officers, usually two a night for swing shifts and weekends, and we kept them patrolling around the town and along the main highway through the desert, unless on break or when filing a report or bringing in an arrestee).  And we handled all of the clerical functions, such as typing up the arrest/action reports from the officers' notes, filing citations with the County Clerk at the county courthouse, keeping the administration files for licenses and permits and such.

Our most important function, however, was to keep track of the officers' status - where they were, what they were doing, and who they were dealing with; and making sure that if they needed help, that it was rustled up and sent their way.  We acted as the police officers' "lifeline", getting info that they needed, coordinating "mutual aid" with the California Higway Patrol ("CHP") or the County Sheriff's Department, keeping tabs on the Sherrif's Deputies working around the edges of our town, and watehcing their backs, as necessary, too.  We kept logs (and mental pictures) of where officers were when they made a traffic stop or a house call, and coordinated any medical or fire response needed.

Small Town Law Enforcement and Peacekeeping in the rural American West is not much different from in a big metropolitan city - but it's different enough.  It made for an interesting experience, and some amazing and sometimes humorous stories.

I learned a lot about Police Officers, their lives and activities, what they did and how they did it...and what it does to them.  I learned enough to realise that I didn't want to follow the path to becoming a Police Officer - I frankly doubted that I was up to it, and it didn't look like it would leave one with many pleasant memories at the end of a long and happy life.

Police work is Corrosive to the Spirit - It seems inherent in the nature of the job, unfortunately.  It changes how you look at your Fellow Man, and not for the better.  It leaves you with certain prejudices, which are reinfoced to the point where they seem like certainties, and this affects one's behaviour and approach to the job, in bad ways.  In the USA, the number of Police Officers who make it to a normal retirement (rather than for a disability, or "removed from service for everyone's best interest") is distressingly low.  I firmly believe that Policemen should be retired on full pensions after 10 years of service, with time to find another career or life path, while they are still sane and socially adaptable enough (that is, not too badly soured) to make the change.  I'm convinced that Society owes it to them for what we require them to do in our names, and for what they lose in the process.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Venture

« Reply #5 on: 27.12.2013, 10:21:55 »

What a huge reply :) I'm a parttime dispatcher too, besides my regular job. With us we have civilian dispatchers in full uniform and police dispatchers in full uniform. They all to the same work though.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #6 on: 01.01.2014, 18:06:20 »

Five and a half years with the Metropolitan Police in London, an interesting time to be sure. Now I just have my police German Shepherd dog fursuit.
More is more.

RedFoxy

• RedFoxy.it - Home of fox
« Reply #7 on: 02.01.2014, 12:59:45 »

I do some work for police, as external consultant, about computers and similar, especially to discover informations, tracking, analyzing, and to explain to the judge the "computer things" :P

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #8 on: 23.01.2014, 14:41:26 »

Pffft I`m going as a criminal
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Rush_Lion

« Reply #9 on: 31.01.2014, 11:19:41 »

When I was still in University a had a couple of temp jobs as security guard / bouncer, but not actual police..

synthfox

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: 31.01.2014, 21:22:19 »

I had applied at the German customs some years ago. Does that count?  ;)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 01.02.2014, 00:01:42 »

I had applied at the German customs some years ago. Does that count?  ;)

Hoecker, sie sind raus!
yours,

Cheetah

Codewolf

« Reply #12 on: 01.02.2014, 19:25:29 »

The closest I have is being a professional Doorman :) (I do it for a job too, not only for EF ;) )

Venture

• Convention Security Director
  • Executive Security Officer
    • FA
« Reply #13 on: 22.02.2014, 17:41:26 »

Well we'll see u there anyway :D

Blaster-Hedgie

« Reply #14 on: 26.02.2014, 09:57:01 »

In the late 1970's I served as a Police Dispatcher on a small-town police force in the middle of the Mojave Desert in California.  This was before the days of the "911" universal emergency telephone number.  It meant that I wore a uniform like a police officer, but with a smaller badge, and no more police powers than any other citizen; I couldn't arrest or cite anyone, except as a "Citizens' Arrest".

Late 70's? Wow, you're definitely a veteran in the Fur fandom then, I imagine?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up