Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When do you have to pay for the hotel?  (Read 4849 times)

Honey

When do you have to pay for the hotel?
« on: 15.01.2014, 21:14:27 »

Hi EF.

Some friends and I were discussing when exactly it is you need to pay for your hotel room. We understand that you book through the hotel itself, but reading on the document you posted some time ago (https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,4889.0.html). It states that if you cancel your hotel room before the deadline you will not have to pay for it.

Does this mean your credit card will NOT be charged before you have ended your stay at the hotel? Or does it mean you will NOT be charged before 4 weeks prior to the convention? OR does it mean your credit card will be charged as soon as you make the reservation with the hotel itself?   

Thanks in advance.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: When do you have to pay for the hotel?
« Reply #1 on: 15.01.2014, 21:55:36 »

Does this mean your credit card will NOT be charged before you have ended your stay at the hotel? Or does it mean you will NOT be charged before 4 weeks prior to the convention? OR does it mean your credit card will be charged as soon as you make the reservation with the hotel itself?

It's explained in the posting you refer to. They won't charge you at the time of reservation. The card gets charged immediately when you cancel your reservation after the cancellation deadline. It will be charged after check out if you show up on time. You can provide a different credit card on check in, or even check out.

Blocking a certain amount on the card is a different aspect, though. They'll likely block a small amount (1 EUR or so) on reservation to verify that they can process the card. They'll block the full amount (maybe plus some some safety) at check in on the card presented. (Blocked amounts may appear as a charge on certain debit cards, it'll get refunded automatically if the hotel doesn't actually invoice it.)
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Honey

« Reply #2 on: 15.01.2014, 22:08:03 »

Thank you for clarifying :)

GreekYoshi

• loves scalies more than anything :P
    • My FA page
« Reply #3 on: 15.01.2014, 23:19:59 »

I know you guys already stated that the only way of payment is by credit/debit cards, but since you also say "but not the only way"... i know its gonna sound silly but... how about cash? xP

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #4 on: 15.01.2014, 23:24:52 »

Gentleman and ladies, may I divert your attention to this announcement? It's all written down here. :3  https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,4889.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up