Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: EF 20 theme: Guns  (Read 15035 times)

RedFoxy

• RedFoxy.it - Home of fox
EF 20 theme: Guns
« on: 19.01.2014, 12:50:40 »

A little question about fursuiter and not, I think that some peoples are thinking about the theme and if it's possible to brings something...
the EF20 theme is crime scene, it's like police and thief, than can I bring my airsoft/fake handgun (with red tip and no bullets)?

Dhary Montecore

Re: EF 20 theme: Guns
« Reply #1 on: 19.01.2014, 13:49:16 »

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

Due to strict weapon laws we can only allow replica firearms if they meet the following criteria:

• Muzzle must be closed with a signal-coloured cap
  • The weapon must be recognisable as a toy, even from a distance
  • There must not be any way to load or arm the weapon

In any case all weapons, even if part of a costume or considered harmless by the owner must be checked in with the Head of Security on your arrival. We have to be very strict here, since it can be a criminal offence in Germany to bear a replica weapon in public, not to mention the effect on other guests, bystanders and hotel personal.

We offer you a definite answer for your particular case, if you would be so kind to send us a picture of the item in question to security@eurofurence.org

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #2 on: 19.01.2014, 15:55:27 »

Well, since we're already on the subject... I'm planning on getting a >foam and latex< gun made, coreless, just the same style as coreless LARP weapons. Does it need to  be marked at the tip, too, or is it fine as-is? I will only be having it with me for photography purposes, never pulling it out of the bag otherwise. (Unless people want to see it, of course.)

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #3 on: 19.01.2014, 17:13:50 »

Well, since we're already on the subject... I'm planning on getting a >foam and latex< gun made, coreless, just the same style as coreless LARP weapons. Does it need to  be marked at the tip, too, or is it fine as-is? I will only be having it with me for photography purposes, never pulling it out of the bag otherwise. (Unless people want to see it, of course.)

If it's actually done in a LARP style, that should be fine. Please still check back with security upon your arrival, just to make sure. By the way, if you want a prop ONLY for a photoshooting, come and talk to us! We try to make everything reasonable happen, even if we need to dispatch a security member for it. :3

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #4 on: 19.01.2014, 19:35:52 »

If it's actually done in a LARP style, that should be fine. Please still check back with security upon your arrival, just to make sure. By the way, if you want a prop ONLY for a photoshooting, come and talk to us! We try to make everything reasonable happen, even if we need to dispatch a security member for it. :3

Good to know! :D I found one who makes amazing LARP weapons for real cheap, he gave me an ofer I can't refuse... Only 30£ for the prop gun :D I just needed to know whether I should make some changes to it, i.e. orange tap to mark the point or something. I guess I'll bring it along to be on the safe side. Better have and not need, than need and not have. :) But thanks for the quick response!

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #5 on: 19.01.2014, 19:37:54 »

Good to know! :D I found one who makes amazing LARP weapons for real cheap, he gave me an ofer I can't refuse... Only 30£ for the prop gun :D I just needed to know whether I should make some changes to it, i.e. orange tap to mark the point or something. I guess I'll bring it along to be on the safe side. Better have and not need, than need and not have. :) But thanks for the quick response!

You're welcome. Please note though that this is NOT a final "yes" or "no", as I've never seen such a weapon. But if you could send me a picture I could give you a final one. :3

SouthPaw

« Reply #6 on: 19.01.2014, 20:12:37 »

Given Berlin's status as the capital, I'd assume that similar guidelines would apply as for RBW2010 when it comes to "displaying" such weaponary, namely:
  • Keep them solely within the convention space (which would not include the Atrium) and go directly to/from your room with them
  • No taking (or firing) them into the Art Show/Dealer's Den
  • DON'T TAKE THEM OUTSIDE THE HOTEL!
Seriously...Causing a security alert and finding yourself looking at the business end of an MP5 would NOT be pleasant!
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
« Reply #7 on: 19.01.2014, 20:23:03 »

Seriously...Causing a security alert and finding yourself looking at the business end of an MP5 would NOT be pleasant!

Dear fellow Airsoft players: please assume that SouthPaw means the business end of an /actual/ mp5.
The product of which dispensed far less fun than plastic 6mm biodegradable bb's. ;)

It also is a good idea to take into account that a lot of people may not feel comfortable with having a toy gun pointed at them, and I can only imagine the more realistic it looks, the scarier it gets.
« Last Edit: 19.01.2014, 20:27:46 by Vixus »

Schorse

« Reply #8 on: 19.01.2014, 20:25:07 »

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anscheinswaffe and  http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softairwaffe

Bei der waffenrechtlichen Behandlung von Softairwaffen ist zwischen Regeln für Anscheinswaffen, für die Geschossenergie sowie für Vollautomaten zu unterscheiden.
Regelungen über Anscheinswaffen

Meist sind Airsoftwaffen Nachbildungen von echten Schusswaffen und, ebenso wie Modellwaffen, kaum von diesen zu unterscheiden. Sie unterliegen deshalb als Anscheinswaffen besonderen Bestimmungen im deutschen Waffenrecht: Sie dürfen nicht in der Öffentlichkeit geführt werden.[1]

Wer entgegen dem Verbot eine Anscheinswaffe führt, begeht eine Ordnungswidrigkeit.[2] Ein Transport von Anscheinswaffen, zum Beispiel vom Händler zur eigenen Wohnung oder von der eigenen Wohnung zur Schießstätte, ist nur in einem „verschlossenen Behältnis“ erlaubt.[3]

A gun that is clearly noticeable, even from distance, made as a toy is no problem. But even an unloaded softair gun is forbidden to carry in public, except in a locked container/box.

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #9 on: 19.01.2014, 22:47:25 »

I'll put a pic here as soon as my order's done, which will be in the Spring. It can't be shot with the way it'll be made, since it's formed of oam and then with the latex covering. And as I mentioned before; I won't be taking it outside, I will only be using it for photos once in a while. Even if it might look realistic up close, which LARP weapons tend to do, then with just the slightest light it will give off a shine clearly marking it as latex... Well, if you know the difference between metal and latex shininess, either way. But I'll put up the picture. And if it's too realistic or something, still, then I could put bright orange tape across the tip... Then it should be very obvious that it can't shoot. But well, I'll get around to it eventually.Going to use it for some LARP even if it should be turned down here.

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #10 on: 20.01.2014, 14:10:57 »

As an alternative, depending on your suit, the "cartoony" look of Nerf/Supersoaker guns may actually add to the flair, without leaving a trace of doubt that you're carrying a toy. Of course, these toys must stay unloaded at all times as well, to prevent property or personal damage, but at least you don't have to worry about your prop being accepted or not.
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #11 on: 20.01.2014, 18:32:26 »

I'm considering just buying one of the prettier prop guns by now, the ones which already have the orange tip marking it as a kid's toy... And just using the LARP one for, well, LARP. :) I can get the toy one for 100 DKK less, either way.

KyuubiSaoirse

• Rawr!
    • My fA
« Reply #12 on: 20.01.2014, 18:34:48 »

Okay, 100-250 DKK cheaper, actually. Is one of these types okay?

1. http://www.festogfarver.dk/vaaben/67340-astra--ES125.html

2. http://www.festogfarver.dk/vaaben/15700-pistol-ES0450.html (my preferred one)

or

3. http://www.festogfarver.dk/vaaben/67369-pistol-ES51083.html (cheapest and very obviously a toy...)
« Last Edit: 20.01.2014, 18:36:49 by KyuubiSaoirse »

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #13 on: 20.01.2014, 20:30:08 »

Dear KyuubiSaoirse,

I'm sorry, but these are too realistic. Except for the last one we'd have to ask you not to carry them around in public. However, as I mentioned before we can arrange for photoshootings if you want. Just talk to us about any idea you have and we'll try to make it happen. :3

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #14 on: 20.01.2014, 20:42:29 »

However, as I mentioned before we can arrange for photoshootings if you want. Just talk to us about any idea you have and we'll try to make it happen. :3

Having big, scary and muscley EF-security people pose with me for some photos? Hmmmm~~ :3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up