Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with late departure booking  (Read 9777 times)

Scale

• http://alessioscalerandi.com
Issue with late departure booking
« on: 19.01.2014, 14:47:31 »

I have just registered a double room but I was forced to pick 19-24 august as the dates rather than 19-25 as I and my roommate were planning. I tried several times and if I entered either 25 or 26 as departure date the site answered that there was no room available for that time interval. (I tried changing the arrival date too but the issue is the same, the site refused any departure date after 24). This looks like an error in the booking system because it doesn't make sense that only late departures are unavailable, and it was clearly stated in the FAQs and tutorial that they should be available.

In the end I picked 19-24 so I could get hold of the room before the hotel gets booked out, but I would really like to add the late departure option. How should I proceed? Has anybody else had the same issue?
« Last Edit: 19.01.2014, 20:31:51 by Scale »

Jorinda

• Press Relations
Re: Issue with late departure booking
« Reply #1 on: 19.01.2014, 18:07:02 »

You can call the Estrel Reservation team at +49 30 6831 22522. They are working every day from 8am till 6pm, weekends from 8am till 4pm.
Or just write them en email: reservierung@estrel.com

Bigwig

• Suitname: Shadowhunter
« Reply #2 on: 19.01.2014, 19:17:57 »

I face the same problem wanting to share with an Italian fur. I would say just everyone grapped a reservation because it costs a mere nothing. Cant see how the hotel can solve this. A fee for reservations and if it waa just a small one would have prevented this from happening. 

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #3 on: 19.01.2014, 19:36:32 »

Hi there,

please hold on for a few days, we try to increase the bookable space through our online booking system as soon as possible.

Loewi

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 20.01.2014, 11:06:40 »

I face the same problem wanting to share with an Italian fur. I would say just everyone grapped a reservation because it costs a mere nothing. Cant see how the hotel can solve this. A fee for reservations and if it waa just a small one would have prevented this from happening. 

No, it's because we had a much smaller reserved room block for early and late days than for the main con period. It can easily be extended, and we'll do that as quickly as possible. We would very much appreciate if you didn't jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.
yours,

Cheetah

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #5 on: 20.01.2014, 12:38:51 »

I'm not really sure but I think I'm facing the same problem here or just don't understand the logic of hotel booking.
I wanted to get early arrival and late departure and since I don't have a credit card I wrote an e-Mail to the Estrel reservation staff and got a reservation with booking number and all.
I'm sharing my room with someone that doesn't have booked the early arrival / late departure options, meaning he will stay from 20th - 24th.

What I got was this -->

Arrival: Tuesday, 19th August 2014
Departure: Monday, 25th August 2014
Price per night / Please consider the change of rates during your stay::
19.+24.08.14 69.00 EUR as Single Room booking
20.-24.08.14 90.50 EUR as Double Room booking

Why isn't there any info regarding the price for the 25th?
Or, if I understand their logic, the 25th is "covered" with the 24th, since on that day I will be occupying the room alone (night from 24th to 25th).
Can anyone confirm this? Do I need to intervene with booking or is everything alright here?

Also, I noticed something else on my booking confirmation:
Die ab dem 01.01.2014 von der Stadt Berlin erhobene Übernachtungssteuer in Höhe von 5 % auf den netto Logispreis zuzgl. 7% MwSt. ist von jedem Gast vor Ort zu begleichen.
--> Will that tax be applied to the price ontop of the hotel costs or is it already covered in the base prices of 69€ / 90,50€?

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #6 on: 20.01.2014, 15:06:20 »

Die ab dem 01.01.2014 von der Stadt Berlin erhobene Übernachtungssteuer in Höhe von 5 % auf den netto Logispreis zuzgl. 7% MwSt. ist von jedem Gast vor Ort zu begleichen.
--> Will that tax be applied to the price ontop of the hotel costs or is it already covered in the base prices of 69€ / 90,50€?

This issue is currently being investigated. We do not have an answer yet, so we must ask you all for a little patience with this. Expect an announcement as soon as we can say something of substance.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Blackymoon

« Reply #7 on: 20.01.2014, 16:22:16 »

This issue is currently being investigated. We do not have an answer yet, so we must ask you all for a little patience with this. Expect an announcement as soon as we can say something of substance.

Alrighty, thank you for the swift response - will await an annoucement then.
I'm crossing my fingers that it hopefully IS covered by the base prices since the new prices are substantial higher than the ones of the Maritim by about 80€ for Standard-rooms :/

Also, can you give me an opinion/info regarding my other "problem" with the early arrival / late departure dates in my booking confirmation?
« Last Edit: 20.01.2014, 16:44:51 by Blackymoon »

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #8 on: 20.01.2014, 16:55:46 »

Also, can you give me an opinion/info regarding my other "problem" with the early arrival / late departure dates in my booking confirmation?

Your arrival and departure date is correct, right? If not, please contact the Estrel to adjust your booking.

Regarding price information, well since you pay the hotel per night, it is to be expected that there is one less price than the number of days between arrival and departure. It's simply the number of nights that counts. Again, if you are unsure, please contact the Estrel and ask to make sure. Just reply to your hotel confirmation mail, and they'll get back to you.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #9 on: 20.01.2014, 17:01:00 »

I have just registered a double room but I was forced to pick 19-24 august as the dates rather than 19-25 as I and my roommate were planning. I tried several times and if I entered either 25 or 26 as departure date the site answered that there was no room available for that time interval.

The room block for EF has now been increased for the late departure days.

Our initial estimate of the number of required rooms turned out wrong because apparently there is a bank holiday in England on Monday after EF, leading to a substantially higher number of late departure bookings compared to last year.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please reply to your confirmation email from the Estrel to have the booking changed to run until the 25th or 26th and give them 1-2 days to process your inquiry. They'll get back to you.

MOW

• Registration
« Reply #10 on: 20.01.2014, 19:41:05 »

Or, if I understand their logic, the 25th is "covered" with the 24th, since on that day I will be occupying the room alone (night from 24th to 25th).
Can anyone confirm this? Do I need to intervene with booking or is everything alright here?

As "19." really means "19.-20." I'd assume "24." means "24.-25."
Since the departure date is as expected, I wouldn't worry about it.

Blackymoon

« Reply #11 on: 20.01.2014, 20:21:36 »

As "19." really means "19.-20." I'd assume "24." means "24.-25."
Since the departure date is as expected, I wouldn't worry about it.

I assumed as much but wanted to get clarification from at least another person from Registration :)
Thank you MOW and Jumpy for clearing that up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up