Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 26639 times)

Knightmare

• The Extreme Dragon
What do you do?
« on: 02.10.2006, 10:11:51 »

What kinda things do you guys do outside of EF?

for me its college (all the girls in my class *drool*) Performing Arts, then i fit in work whenever i can to hopefully give my EF fund a boost in time for the next con, as for hobbies LASER QUEST no fur alive can defeat me at LQ, many have tried all have failed, Pro-Wrestling is my fav hobby specially since i started the FWO along side my bro and trust me guys it takes someone who is made of some seriously tough stuff both physically and mentally to wrestle, dont believe me then go to a training session near you and if they train you properly, then you would be feeling it in the morning, got myself into a few matches and lost them all  >:(*grumbles* including losing a 1 v 1 submission match to my own brother in a reverse hammerlock but in one of them i WAS ganged up on by 5 roster members from the promotion so i didnt last very long in that
You have the F.I.A, me and heltash have the F.W.O (The Furry World Order)

Tallyhawk

Re: What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: 14.10.2006, 02:21:36 »

Well, let's see.  The bulk of my time outside of Eurofurence is taken up by:

1. Work.  Someone has to design and build those big machines that allow me to get from the United States to Eurofurence.  Been with Airbus' main competitor for 25 years now and can retire in 2,606 days.  Calendar days.

2. My horses.  I like to ride my Thoroughbred at least a couple of times a week.  (He's not too keen on the idea being a rather lazy fellow but it's good for him.)  And, my 40-year-old (yes, fourty) Palomino is just fun to hang out with and relax.  He also has a knack for picking up girls and I'm hoping that will will rub off on me some time soon.   ;)

3. Staff for Rocket City FurMeet (http://www.rcfm.net).  Someone has to keep their web site running.

Locu Deer

• Crazy dark deer thingie
« Reply #2 on: 15.10.2006, 14:59:05 »

what i do...

Collecting und repairing Clocks, reading, chat with friends. take Pfotos ^^
Greets from Locu the Doe ^^

Tungro

• Otters Everywhere!
    • The Otterholt
« Reply #3 on: 15.10.2006, 16:48:40 »

Well, outside EF I tend to... err... study. Or rather, I'm MEANT to be studying ;) In the final year of my university degree does mean I do a lot of work, but a lot of it is working on a group project to program little robots to work in a team and to compete in the five-a-side robot football teams.

Apart from that, I tend to visit friends a lot and therefore travel a lot. I also do a little work - I have a job where I work from a distance, and the hours are to suit me. I simply invoice the company I work for for the time I have spent doing work for them. A neat little arrangement!

I also try to go swimming regularly and am trying to go to the gym every now and then too. So other than EF, I tend to be rather busy!
--
Head of Registration for ConFuzzled
(though my opinions are my own!)

Wardy

« Reply #4 on: 12.11.2006, 21:38:54 »

Right then *cracks knuckles* Ow...

I'm a very un-furry furry in the sense that I would much sooner get up off my arse and do it for real rather than RP it or crank up the playstation! (This is based on most of the furs I know personally)

Sadly going round killing baddies ala Max Payne is illegal so I content myself with frequent airsoft skirmishes.  My weapons of choice are an M-16, M-4 and a Beretta M92FS as a sidearm. 

I am also a fan of football despite the hooligans and overpaid, whiney gits that seem to make up 75% of each team in the Premiership.  Personally I support my home team of Chesterfield.  Good, honest football! I also like to play whenever I can!

My less energetic persuits are going to the pub for a few beers with my friends, playing my guitars and, like a great deal of furs, I do artwork.  Not so much these days but if the mood takes me I will hack out the occasional doodle! 

Work-wise I am between jobs and earning my corn by temping.  At the moment I am merchandising for B+Q which generally involves hauling pots of paint around and arranging them on shelving according to the plans.  Once I've erected the shelving that is.  Crappy pay but a great working environment and a hell of a workout!  I plan to apply to the Hampshire Police Force very soon. 

At EF I plan to avail myself of the swimming pool and gym as I cant afford either at the moment, plus I have no interest in fursuiting or spending the con drawing.  If im not in the pool of gym, try the games room or the bar!

I hope to see you there!

Wardy

Knightmare

• The Extreme Dragon
« Reply #5 on: 15.11.2006, 14:55:12 »

you guys get up to a lot more than me and i do a lot, specially since iv found a girlfriend and she has been wanting to go out a hell of a lot (mainly so she can kiss me)

winterheart

« Reply #6 on: 17.11.2006, 19:41:48 »

Most of my time is also filled with work, as software engineer I have to build J2EE based web-apps.
When I get home, I do the same for myself, some local intranet stuff which is pretty handy :p

Besides that I play some games, or if the possibility introduces himself I visit f(ur)riends, but since they dont live nearby this is not always convenient.

Next year a cute fuzzball will be introduced in the family and also a good portion of my time will go to him ^_^

Knightmare

• The Extreme Dragon
« Reply #7 on: 20.11.2006, 10:25:23 »

that last bit sounds really cute....................whats a fuzzball?

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #8 on: 03.12.2006, 22:41:11 »

Hello,

I am a student at university too. Geology at Charles University in Prague, faculty of natural sciences.  Gonna do my balcheor degree this year... For the most time, I try to get on with the regular student life... studying, drawing a bit, gaming a bit, surfing the web a LOT ;D chating a lot :) Reading history books A LOT! ...
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

FoxMcCloud

« Reply #9 on: 04.12.2006, 11:04:22 »

Well, most of my life is filled with university work and my part time job.

Then I have some hobbies, roleplaying (live, pen and paper, chat and so on...), music, reading, computer games (I'm kind of picky with games, no MMORPGs and no Egoshooter games here, mostly Sim Games like "The Sims 2" or "Rollercoaster Tyoon" and Second Life :) ), meeting cool people, going out to concerts or into irish pubs, writing, drawing, my 4 cats, and wrestling.

Knightmare: I'll get myself an MSN Account soon so we can talk about wrestling. I trained for a year at Best Sports Enterteinment here in Germany and later I had a two-day training session with Emil Sitoci. Cool to meet active wrestlers here in the furry fandom. Need to talk through msn or on EF some day.

MarfMarf

FoxMcCloud

winterheart

« Reply #10 on: 04.12.2006, 18:36:22 »

that last bit sounds really cute....................whats a fuzzball?

An alaskan malamute, verry fuzzy ^_^ 

little one

« Reply #11 on: 02.01.2007, 14:50:31 »

well im work all the time so i can get the money to go out furrying ^^ when i get home i dont do very much i just sleep

kyyanno

• *zoooooooooom*....
« Reply #12 on: 07.01.2007, 15:20:36 »

By day I work with a defence countermeasures company, meaning I'm mainly involved some way or another with copious amounts of explosives  ;D not too closely though ^.^; By night, I'm a bartender at my local pub. Handy, ne? :P

I admit I spend too long infront of the computer during the week, but at weekends I can be found zipping around the country in my beloved 1991 Jap import MR2 (when not cleaning or maintaining it), off to see friends, go Karting, watch motor racing events, or most importantly, halfway up the country to see the other half *chuckles*

I'm looking forward to EF, as it's gonna be the first real chance I've had to do any extended amount of fursuiting, and in public at that!  :D
My will is strong, my focus is set, my.....oooohh, shinies!

Kyyanno T. Cheetah, terrorising slow moving things everywhere since 1980 =^|.|^=

little one

« Reply #13 on: 07.01.2007, 20:49:59 »

thats sound like a fun jobs :) i only have the one at the min but looking for a better one

somewolf

« Reply #14 on: 07.01.2007, 21:25:31 »

there is no such thing than 'doing stuff outside cons'  for me ;-)

just in case somefur want's to know, here's my 'strip'
http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Somewolf

*wag*
just
somewolf
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up