Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding double room  (Read 6392 times)

Black_Dawg

Question regarding double room
« on: 24.01.2014, 19:27:29 »

Ok perhaps I am missing something somewhere, but was wondering why there would be a different price for the room if two persons are sharing the room as to if only one was using the room.  And are they still only allowing two persons per room even if getting the deluxe room? Seems I read something somewhere that the rooms would be handled as they are in the US which would allow for up to 4 persons to a room with two double beds in each room.  In the US there is only one price for a room and it is the same price whether you have 1 person or 4 persons in the room.  I really do not understand the different room price, and would there be a higher price if we had 4 persons? Or is 4 persons per room not allowed in any of the room types?

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Question regarding double room
« Reply #1 on: 24.01.2014, 19:48:13 »

Ok perhaps I am missing something somewhere, but was wondering why there would be a different price for the room if two persons are sharing the room as to if only one was using the room. 

Because the hotel is pricing their rooms that way :) I'm afraid I can't give you any more satisfying answer.

And are they still only allowing two persons per room even if getting the deluxe room?

Yes.

Seems I read something somewhere that the rooms would be handled as they are in the US which would allow for up to 4 persons to a room with two double beds in each room. 

I'm afraid that's not correct.

In the US there is only one price for a room and it is the same price whether you have 1 person or 4 persons in the room.  I really do not understand the different room price, and would there be a higher price if we had 4 persons? Or is 4 persons per room not allowed in any of the room types?

It's not allowed in any of the room types.
yours,

Cheetah

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #2 on: 24.01.2014, 21:03:51 »

Ok perhaps I am missing something somewhere, but was wondering why there would be a different price for the room if two persons are sharing the room as to if only one was using the room. 

Because the hotel is pricing their rooms that way :) I'm afraid I can't give you any more satisfying answer.

I have seen the question several times now and nobody could/wanted to give a reasonable answer to it. Let me try to explain to the best of my knowledge how these prices come together:

(figures as example only!)

* Our rates include everything, even breakfast.
* The price for the room as such is fixed and at 40 Euro which goes straigt towards the bank for funding the building in the first place.
* The cost for breakfast, room cleaning, towels, water, electriciy for one person are around 30 Euro.

Hence: The same room with ONE person is 70 and with TWO persons it's 100. The two persons can then split the cost and pay 50 each wich is less than the 70 for a single person.
In other words: since we are talking "all inclusive prices" here, it HAS to cost more with two persons in the same room. How much more is up for discussion but the hotel is also not a charity organization and this is how they make profit...

And putting more than the planned number of persons in the same room is often forbidden by fire policy because of overcrowded exits.

In the US some of these costs (particularly the breakfast) are tacked on as an addition, also per person or just ignored. Which is why the pricing model is different.

Greetings,
  Atkelar

Black_Dawg

« Reply #3 on: 24.01.2014, 21:21:34 »

OK, so no double beds, guess I will have to decide if it is really worth the extra price for the deluxe room instead of the standard room. :-\
Thanks for the reply. 8)

Wotan

« Reply #4 on: 25.01.2014, 12:53:16 »

Then 3 persons per room is not allowed no? The Hotel will say something or they will permit it? :O
Born to be wild!!!!

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #5 on: 25.01.2014, 14:00:18 »

Then 3 persons per room is not allowed no?

It's two persons at maximum for each room.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion
Pages: [1]   Go Up