Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you miss Magdeburg already?  (Read 38465 times)

Jorinda

• Press Relations
Re: Do you miss Magdeburg already?
« Reply #45 on: 12.08.2014, 08:05:37 »

If it gets too much for EF to cope with the numbers.......as a pressure vaule...Germany, or Europe as a whole needs a 2nd big convention in Europe....
There are several big cons - for example ConFuzzled and Nordic Fuzz Con are growing. But I think that doesn't reduce the number of people who want to go to EF.

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #46 on: 13.08.2014, 07:48:25 »

If it gets too much for EF to cope with the numbers.......as a pressure vaule...Germany, or Europe as a whole needs a 2nd big convention in Europe....
There are several big cons - for example ConFuzzled and Nordic Fuzz Con are growing. But I think that doesn't reduce the number of people who want to go to EF.
Seems the furry fandom is become thé largest fandom in the world... and it just keeps on growing!  ;D
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #47 on: 13.08.2014, 09:46:50 »

Seems the furry fandom is become thé largest fandom in the world... and it just keeps on growing!  ;D

Nah, the furry fandom is pretty large among genre fandoms (then again, Dragoncon is probably larger than all furry conventions combined), but small compared to product fandoms (such as Star Trek, Starwars, ...) The latter have conventions selling more than hundred of thousands day tickets. We are, however, one of the few genre fandoms that developed to an artists community, the fan aspect being moved to the background.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Token

• Convention Security Operative
  • *nom nom nom*
« Reply #48 on: 28.08.2014, 17:23:02 »

I do not miss Magdeburg the slightest bit! Not a tiny bit!
I do miss Suhl, but Magdeburg had only exactly one good thing, and that is all the awesome attendees of EF. The rest I could really do without. Unfriendly people all over the town, unfriendly hotel staff, ugly hotelrooms… nah, I really do not miss it. :)

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #49 on: 02.11.2014, 21:51:23 »

I do not miss Magdeburg the slightest bit! Not a tiny bit!
I do miss Suhl, but Magdeburg had only exactly one good thing, and that is all the awesome attendees of EF. The rest I could really do without. Unfriendly people all over the town, unfriendly hotel staff, ugly hotelrooms… nah, I really do not miss it. :)
Pardo me, but... unfriendly people? If even the MAYOR says that she will miss the furries... then what? For me, I had a good time in Magdeburg, even it was just for two EF editions in all...
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up