Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weather  (Read 6930 times)

mstrlitamacwolf

weather
« on: 05.04.2014, 11:47:33 »

Whats the weather mostly like in berlin Germany in August?

Fineas

• ConOps
Re: weather
« Reply #1 on: 05.04.2014, 12:30:18 »

Google is your friend:
http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Berlin-weather-averages/Berlin/DE.aspx

Summer

Summer comes in early June and lasts till August in Berlin. During this period the average high temperature stands at mid 20s while the low hardly reaches 16 °C. June is considered as the sunniest month of the year with more than 222 hours of sunshine. A moderate level of rainfall is very much common in the city throughout the year.

I can vouch for most of that description, depends on the general weather in Europe how extreme it gets. We have had summers with low pressure all over causing weeks of regular showers and around 16 degree celsius.

But we also have summers with heat waves of 35 degrees celsius and more. It feels a lot hotter then countries with a less humidth air in general (like Hungary) and Berlin being a large metropole has some smog issues. Not as bad as what I hear and see from places like Hong Kong or Paris, but still well noticable.

VulpesRex

« Reply #2 on: 06.04.2014, 00:06:35 »

Are you planning just to visit Berlin?  Or are you perhaps going to visit other locations in Germany or in Europe, as well?
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

mstrlitamacwolf

« Reply #3 on: 06.04.2014, 01:42:40 »

Are you planning just to visit Berlin?  Or are you perhaps going to visit other locations in Germany or in Europe, as well?

I'm hopping to visit around the hotel but due to money being tight i just may only get to see the inside of the hotel. Still may plans are still the same. Tp go to EF and have the best time i can have. It may be my one and only time so i must make it count.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #4 on: 06.04.2014, 12:51:21 »

Their is a lot of stuff you can see for free. You may need public transportation, but unless I am mistaking that is rediciously cheap in Berlin.

So for... lets say 10 euro for a whole day travel you can go and see some of the iconic landmarks. Maybe not the full tour and not take an extended lunch or dinner their, but you can get their and watch it.

Here are the actual pricess for a full day ticket for transportation in Berlin:
http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/17182/name/Single+Tickets+and+Day+Ticket/article/77357.html

Wotan

« Reply #5 on: 07.04.2014, 12:00:42 »

Their is a lot of stuff you can see for free. You may need public transportation, but unless I am mistaking that is rediciously cheap in Berlin.

So for... lets say 10 euro for a whole day travel you can go and see some of the iconic landmarks. Maybe not the full tour and not take an extended lunch or dinner their, but you can get their and watch it.

Here are the actual pricess for a full day ticket for transportation in Berlin:
http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/17182/name/Single+Tickets+and+Day+Ticket/article/77357.html

Woho thanks so much for all the information i was planning to do a litle tour around Belin with my boyfriend and friend from Spain, never see the city so thanks for giving us that information :D
Born to be wild!!!!

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #6 on: 07.04.2014, 13:20:26 »

My pleasure.
I could recommend some stuff, but the information is mostly freely available.

So unless you all have questions for things that are not easy to search for I would recommend 'man the Google'.

Google maps gives a nice overlook over what kind of area the hotel is in.
If you look up information centers they give out all kinds of information about what is interesting to visit in Berlin.

Then if you planned out where you are going, take a look at Google maps again how you need to travel and what kind of transportation can take you their.
Then look up what is the cheapest ticket to get their with said transportation (zones, day ticket, multi day ticket or some other arrangement)

This thread is going a tad of off topic, but that is what I would do if I was going sight seeing in Berlin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up