Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there any options for early check in?  (Read 7605 times)

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
Are there any options for early check in?
« on: 22.04.2014, 12:24:33 »

Estrel T&C seems to say that check in is unavailable until after 3PM. That's a little late. Am I reading that wrong?

Does the hotel have a left luggage facility? (If not I assume the major rail stations do.) In either case does anyone know what typical costs might be?

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: Are there any options for early check in?
« Reply #1 on: 22.04.2014, 16:02:55 »

Estrel T&C seems to say that check in is unavailable until after 3PM. That's a little late. Am I reading that wrong?

It's like every other hotel: if you want to check in earlier your room may not be ready yet.

Does the hotel have a left luggage facility?

They have limited storage, but it won't be able to fit the luggage of 1900 EF attendees, as you can imagine.

(If not I assume the major rail stations do.)

They do.

In either case does anyone know what typical costs might be?

I don't know if the Estrel has any fees for that, but I've never paid anything at a hotel yet, except for a tip for the concierge attending the room. I have no idea about the amount of the fee for the lockers at rail stations, though.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
« Reply #2 on: 22.04.2014, 19:57:36 »

I have no idea about the amount of the fee for the lockers at rail stations, though.
The usual fee at DB (German Railway) is EUR 3,00/24h for a small box, EUR 4,00/24h for a large(r) box. Coins only, with very few exceptions (only Cologne central comes to mind), i.e. no bills, no CC/Maestro. Your mileage may vary. I do not know which Berlin railway stations offer lockers. Most S-Bahn/U-Bahn stations certainly won't.

Wotan

« Reply #3 on: 23.04.2014, 01:49:13 »

In all Spanish Hotel the Check in is at 12:00 and the check out is at 12:00 of the next day when i read that in Estrel is at 3:00 PM confuse me becouse we arrive to the hotel at maybe 9:00 or 10:00 AM :S I think we gonna stay at the lobby with all the things :S
Born to be wild!!!!

VulpesRex

« Reply #4 on: 23.04.2014, 07:49:08 »

In the United States - generally speaking - the usual check-in time is 3 O'clock (15:00), with check-out being Noon (12:00).  For some hotels, the check-out might be as early as 11 O'clock (11:00).

Now - does this mean that there are no rooms available until 15:00?  No.  I've checked-in as early as 09:00...but only because there were rooms which were available for assignment by that time.

If you are checking into a hotel which has just hosted a large convention, or in a town which has just hosted a major sports competition or championship or festival, there will be a lot of rooms which will likely be vacated by their previous occupants rather late, and this will give the Housekeeping Staff minimal time in which to service the rooms - changing the sheets and making up the beds, cleaning the lavatory/toilette and shower, vacuuming the floor, stocking the mini-bar and the stationary/amenities for the writing desk - all to make ready for you...and doing it for most (even perhaps all) of the rooms of the hotel, within that 3-hour window for meeting that deadline of 15:00.

What to do?  If you drive into Berlin, leave your baggage in the boot of your car, gently inquire at the registration desk, and be prepared to either visit the bar, or walk about the premises, getting the "lay of the land" and a feel for our temporary home.

If you are flying in or taking the train, pick a flight or train which has a mid-day arrival time.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Langohr

« Reply #5 on: 23.04.2014, 15:30:18 »

http://www.bahnhof.de/bahnhof-de/start/ offers information about train stations in Germany (apparently in German only).
If you enter the name of a station (e.g. "Berlin Hauptbahnhof" or "Berlin-Spandau") to the search box (labeled "Suchbegriff eingeben"), you get a list of facilities ("Ausstattungsmerkmale") that are offered at that station. If there are lockers at the station, this is indicated by the word "Schließfächer" ("Schliessfaecher" with German special characters replaced).

FinnOWolf

« Reply #6 on: 24.04.2014, 09:12:26 »

If the check-in is available after 3PM I would like to know the time when it closes?
As they state on their web page: "Check in any time after 3.00 pm." would it mean the check-in is open even at midnight, for example. And closes on the next morning or something like that.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #7 on: 24.04.2014, 09:33:50 »

If the check-in is available after 3PM I would like to know the time when it closes?

It doesn't. The reception desk is attended 24/7.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion
Pages: [1]   Go Up