Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tantric Kriya Yoga and/or Firebreath  (Read 11416 times)

Chaiya

Tantric Kriya Yoga and/or Firebreath
« on: 30.05.2014, 02:17:53 »

Hello,

I hosted the Tantric Kriya Yoga SIG last year. Unfortunately there where only 5 attendees. That was a little bit disappointing, since I carried 20 meditation cushions with me :) .
That's the reason why I want to get a little feedback first. The other reason is, that I'm now able to offer a second SIG.
It's called Firebreath. The Firebreath is an advanced breathing/trance technique. You can see it as an "expansion pack" for the Tantric Kriya Yoga techniques.

So my questions are:
1. Would you attend a Tantric Kriya Yoga SIG if there is one?
2. Would you be interested in the Firebreath SIG?

If it turns out, that people want the Firebreath SIG and if you have a psychological background or profound knowledge/experience in spiritual practices (Yoga, Zen, etc.), please contact me via PM.
The Firebreath technique is quite advanced and it couldn't hurt to have some trained people in the Firebreath SIG who can help if someone gets lost.

Meow
Chaiya

Jorinda

• Press Relations
Re: Tantric Kriya Yoga and/or Firebreath
« Reply #1 on: 30.05.2014, 10:56:02 »

I never tried anything like that, but I'd be interested.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 30.05.2014, 12:23:25 »

I hosted the Tantric Kriya Yoga SIG last year. Unfortunately there where only 5 attendees.

To be honest, it's a pretty random topic for a furry convention - I'm sure you'd get a much better response, if you were offering something that is a little more related to the topic of anthropomorphic animals.
yours,

Cheetah

Chaiya

« Reply #3 on: 30.05.2014, 18:46:44 »

Hello Jorinda and Cheetah,

Cheetah, I don't think that Tantric Kriya Yoga being a "pretty random topic for a furry convention" is the issue here :). I hosted this SIG at EF17 the very first time and there where 15 attendees and Kages art auction was running at the same time :). That's the reason why I was so motivated to do that SIG again at EF19. I'm pretty aware of the fact that this SIG will probably never exceed the 20 attendees mark. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Jorinda, that's great I hope that there are enough people who are interrested as well.

And to everyone else, if you have question regarding Tantric Kriya Yoga or Firebreath, feel free to ask them.

Meow!
Chaiya

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 30.05.2014, 19:57:16 »

Hello Jorinda and Cheetah,

Cheetah, I don't think that Tantric Kriya Yoga being a "pretty random topic for a furry convention" is the issue here :). I hosted this SIG at EF17 the very first time and there where 15 attendees and Kages art auction was running at the same time :)

All I wanted to say is that it's off topic, and so it's quite random how big the overlap is on that day.
yours,

Cheetah

Chaiya

« Reply #5 on: 31.05.2014, 13:24:18 »

Hello Cheetah,

I think there is only one thing, on the whole spirituality Track, that's 100% on topic. And that's Amadhia's guided meditation. For the other spirtuality SIGs, anthropomorphic animals are just a part of a much broader and bigger spectrum (Shamanism comes to mind). Or a just a way to utilize a much more universal technique (Lucid dreaming comes to mind).
I explain the Yoga techniques using drawings of anthropomorphic cats :).

After all, the primary purpose of this thread is to get feedback whether I'll do this SIGs or not.
If there are 10 or more people interrested I'll do it. If there are less then 10, I won't.

I do not have any emotional connection to whether these SIGs will take place or not.
If enough people are interrested, I'll be happy and honoured that I can give something back to Eurofurence.
If not enough people are interrested, I'll be happy because I have less luggage and more time to party.
In either case I win :)

Meow!
Chaiya

White_Dragon

• ConOps Office Manager
  • ConOps
  • Cuddly Dwaggy , Free hugs
« Reply #6 on: 01.06.2014, 17:20:04 »

I might sugest a private topic or event, on base greet and meet, I had similar discussion if have spirituality topic as part of SIG at all, Well it is not really up to main topic but I believe we can have a SIG room for ourself and hold small meet and exchange of experiences and not bound to schedule of EF and for people interested. Mention it to Spirituality section as well and lets see what come of it.
EF ConOps only place where " Dragons " rule , you find " solution " to your problems and  you got " eaten " for disobedience.  :)

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #7 on: 01.06.2014, 20:13:42 »

I believe we can have a SIG room for ourself and hold small meet and exchange of experiences

But PLEASE remember to put it on the internal room plan to avoid me the embarrassment entering a supposedly empty conference room with a camera team only to disturb a meditation session, again.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Chaiya

« Reply #8 on: 02.06.2014, 21:34:08 »

Hello White_Dragon and o'wolf,

White_Dragon, I would love to go to a meet and greet like that. If we mainly have people who already are on their spiritual path, they probably have their own Yoga mats and meditation cushions. Which means I don't need to bring them with me. Another advantage of such a meet and greet would also be that we could spontaneously decide, if we just talk or do some practice to.
For the Firebreath for example, everybody would just need something soft to lay on and a blanked to cuddle yourself into afterwards. Oh and we would need something that can play music, loud ;).

O'Wolf, I remember that incident. It was my Tantric Kriya Yoga session. At least we were more than 5 people in that moment :).

If it turns out that less than 10 people are interested in the Tantric Kriya Yoga SIGs, I would happily help organizing this meet and greet.

Meow!
Chaiya
« Last Edit: 02.06.2014, 21:39:47 by Chaiya »

Sinea

« Reply #9 on: 08.08.2014, 16:56:43 »

I am in too! :D

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #10 on: 09.08.2014, 12:26:09 »

I`m fermilliar with the fire breath technique, However as much as I hate agreeing with authoreties, I`m Iaffraid I have to this time.
I, and "just making a genneral assumtion here" and others would most likely prefer some sort of connection to anthropomorphism. So somthing akin to the meditation thing from earlyer would be nice. For my part it was a welcome break from all the hustle and bustle.
Forgivge me for honking some one elses horn, but over at Nordicfuzzcon we had a furry philosophy and spirituality panel. It started ut with about 10 people and ended up pretty much fiilling the room. Case and point, there is interest in the spiritual side of the fandm, provided it`s not done tacky and treated with respect and profesionalism.
Im sure many as I, feel that this side of the fandom is shoved under the carpet so to speak. let`s be honest people, most of us who have attended cons for a while have pretty much seen everything, there`s not much new happening. This is a largely unexplored area, so why not shed a little light on it?
More to the point, I propose a discussion panel, or workshop on the matter.
As for the meet and greet part of it, as stated in the spirituality and what not tread, me and my sister are more than willing to lend you our room for such an event.
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

White_Dragon

• ConOps Office Manager
  • ConOps
  • Cuddly Dwaggy , Free hugs
« Reply #11 on: 09.08.2014, 13:37:59 »

Personal view on the matter:

Spirituality and self development is a waste subject, if we look the true parts or it it mean to focus on self development and leading to unite yourself with higher source and become one with everything. It not mean become lion. dog, wolf, dolphin ( most typical anthropomorphic view)
The animals in our lives are just a animals can provide inspiration to some complex technical issues or just way of living - If this meet would turn how to become a lesser being evolutionary becoming animal. Then thanks but it is not for me.

I'm a " human " and as human being I have power to be more then Dolphin, lion or cat. I'm superior being as such being you got power mind control and full comprehension and understanding any lesser creature on Earth. Through this connection channel the element you need to become better. I'm really not looking to lover myself if I can be more.
Then I'm purely only joining the group or people who don't seek anthropomorphism as way of life.

If Chaiya would chose lecture and do guided meditation/ yoga I would love to join because its impact on mind and body, deep cleaning efect on mind body and relaxation. I also would love to join groups where another spiritual and meditation techniques are exchanged as long as any of them believe and see himself as human.
There are few other kin being I believe with their planet origin might not be Earth but those also understand they are higher being incarnated to be human and themself for specific reason.

But any more to say is more convenient for personal or PM discussion.  

« Last Edit: 11.08.2014, 22:46:46 by White_Dragon »
EF ConOps only place where " Dragons " rule , you find " solution " to your problems and  you got " eaten " for disobedience.  :)

Lutra

• Nature is the best artist.
« Reply #12 on: 09.08.2014, 16:19:27 »

I used to do some vinyasa yoga last year (should practice more to get back in shape ;)).
Well at least the names of the Asanas (Yoga poses) mostly represent Animals ;)
Dog, Cat, Cow, Crow, Crocodile, Cobra, fish, lion :)
I think it would be a funny idea to resemble (anthropomorphic drawings) each pose by their respective animal.
Dog (in Dog pose), cat (cat pose) etc. An idea I was recently thinking about but that would be a project since there are a lot of poses ;)

BTW: Firebreath is that "Kabalabati?"

I'd be interested ;)

Namaste ;)  http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/00/bf/50/00bf502407c439011f1429d411d4bf82.jpg

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #13 on: 11.08.2014, 21:43:05 »

You have a valid and logical point White Dragon. However if seen from a shamanistic perspective I do see the benefit of focusing on a power animal helping spirrit or what ever you may choose to call it. Case and point tribes adapting hunting techniques from predators and trying to invoke and strengthen those qualities in them selves. I'm sure even you though as me you identify as human, have a spirritual connection with your specific creature. The problem offcourse is presenting this in a serious and practical way.

Offcourse therians and their kind are probably be going to be interested in this subject. Somthing I for one welcome out of curiosity. If this were to be a disscusion rather than a workshop.
Either way I'm in, though the thought of a relaxing meditation sounds verry nice.

One point I perticulary don't like making, but feel I should.
When ever I do firebreath snot goes flying everywhere. You might want to advice people to bring a hankie.
« Last Edit: 11.08.2014, 21:49:14 by Ziggy_wolf »
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Chaiya

« Reply #14 on: 17.08.2014, 20:52:36 »

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry that I didn't reply earlier. I thought this thread is dead since it took almost 2 months until the next person answered :).

Sinea, I'm happy to hear this :)

Ziggy_wolf, it's nice to hear that you would join a Firebreath session. And yes, the advice to bring a hankie is a good one.
You won't need it during the practice but you may need it afterwards.
It actually can happen that the feelings during the cooldown can overwhelm you and you have to cry for a while.

Lutra, the Crocodile and the Cobra are also a part of the Tantric Kriya Yoga :).
I don't know the Kabalabati, but I did a quick research on this technique.
The Firebreath I practice and the Kabalabati are similar.
The Firebreath I'm about to show you seems to be tantric version of the Kabalabati.

Finally, White_Dragon already said, that he would happily organize a room for a meet and greet.
So I think we should have this meet and greet and I will bring everything that is needed for a Firebreath session.
Which is basically an mp3, a soft blanket or yoga-mat (to lay on) and another blanket (to cuddle yourself into afterwards).

So, if we decide to do a Firebreath session during this meet and greet I will be prepared.
If you want to join, you will need your own Yoga-mat and your own blanket.

Meow!
Chaiya
Pages: [1]   Go Up