Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An apology to the Eurofurence community  (Read 8477 times)

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
An apology to the Eurofurence community
« on: 19.10.2006, 01:27:20 »

It is very clear to me that I behaved badly at Eurofurence this year, having enjoyed far too much of the fine German wine that is prudent.  I understand, too, that nobody was willing to say to me, "You've had enough, it's time to stop now," because of my perceived "status."  Status does not excuse rude behavior.  I was a poor guest and I am deeply sorry.

No member of the community must ever be afraid to tell me -- or anyone else, for that matter -- that it is time to stop drinking.  In my case, however, I offer my personal assurance that such a thing will never be necessary at Eurofurence again.

TaniDaReal

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
  • Schnolf / Artist
    • The Art of TaniDaReal
Re: An apology to the Eurofurence community
« Reply #1 on: 20.10.2006, 12:43:14 »

*hugs*
Although I did not see anything of those behaviours you told about, I think it is a very fine gesture from you to apology and showing how much you care. :) I am really sorry you apologized that often in public now, and somehow there was no real feedback. But I think it's just the usual laziness, and not because people are mad with you now.

We love to see you at EF, and I couldn't imagine a Eurofurence without you any more. :) There are so many positive and amazing things you were part of, you brought so much joy to the people... I think that counts much more than 1 or 2 things that were... well, maybe not that gentleman-like. I think that happens to everyone of us sometimes (...only if you're popular, people will put much more attention to it...).

I hope there will never be a Eurofurence without you. :) Thanks for the apology and caring. And I think I can speak for the whole core team, that we always want to have you at EF.

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #2 on: 22.10.2006, 01:09:08 »

I just have to second everything Tani wrote... 't was first ef ever and you were one of the people that made it unforgetable - in a positive way. I didn't notice anything rude in you behaviour, I even thought it was mostly show and not you being really drunk ;D... (what I saw, that is ;))

Jojo

PS: And your Sig was one of the funniest but still most informative anyway!
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

Azures

« Reply #3 on: 02.09.2007, 12:12:36 »

You made me remember I have to take a bottle of Porto wine to the con if we meet ask for it lol :)

TheSonicGod

« Reply #4 on: 18.09.2007, 07:09:18 »

Everyone makes mistakes, Uncle Kagé. Some bigger than others... though I wasn't there, you still have my forgiveness, as a friend and fellow fur.

Shep

• Now TÜV Approved
    • My LJ
« Reply #5 on: 18.09.2007, 22:24:21 »

To me you seemed a paragon of good behaviour :)
Shep Shepherd, the Good Shepherd ^^

Fafnir Kristensen

« Reply #6 on: 18.09.2007, 22:27:59 »

mmm you noticed he wrote that after last year eurofurence (12, in 2006), not this year?  ;)

Wolfie

« Reply #7 on: 18.09.2007, 23:07:11 »

I nearly posted a few weeks ago to this with similar comments then noticed the date  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up