Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mexican Furries Conception arround the world  (Read 8380 times)

Toon-ca7

Mexican Furries Conception arround the world
« on: 03.06.2014, 08:08:06 »

Hi, my nick it's Toon, a mexican furry some of you might knew at the 13th and 14th Eurofurence, friend of Ashley, Shiro, Tank and some other furries from europe.

The matter of this post it's about ask all you sincerelly the image mexican furries have within the rest of the furfandom arround the world; this comes to my mind 'coz some friends had told me worriyng things about mexican furry fandom. Some people that are using our fandon as a dating service, call themself furries, but they doesnt seem to understand the meannings or at least the basis of the furfandom.

I worry for the younger mexican furries, I worry they become tagged as something they are not, at least before enter the fandom and being dragged into the yiff side of the fandom (yiff isnt bad, if you choose to do it with your partner of being responsible).

So, in order to have more info at my reach, just want to make you all, my friends, a single question:

Which is the general concept, all the furries from arround the world, have about Mexican Furries? in general

Forethanks for all your answers, and dont worry about answer what ever you feel or have in mind guys, indeed that whould help me a lot ;3

- Toon-CA7
« Last Edit: 03.06.2014, 09:34:10 by Cheetah »

PATROL

• Convention Security Operative
  • Roads? How boring!
Re: Mexican Furries Conception arround the world
« Reply #1 on: 03.06.2014, 10:26:45 »

Honestly, I don't have an opinion on you as Mexicans. Probably because you're so far we don't feel direct influence here. Just another exotic country to go to.

About yiff thing you're talking, it happens everywhere on all events, parties and it's called sex. I spend a lot of time among non furries and it's pretty much the same with a difference that furries are loud mouthed and nothing is really a tabu. We may seem like perverts but oh boy, you get to know things from general public once they start talking... That is what we are too, part of general public.

Wotan

« Reply #2 on: 03.06.2014, 11:53:02 »

No creo que haya una opinión general del fandom en Mexico ya que como dicen estáis bastante lejos, pero vamos que la mayoría de sudamericanos/centroamericanos que conozco son buena gente, fursuiters, artistas, no todo es blanco o negro, no te vayas a lo malo :)
Born to be wild!!!!

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #3 on: 03.06.2014, 13:54:20 »

Basicaly what Patrol said: I have not met enough Mexican furries to get a clear picture.
On the other hand, even with furries from other countries that I have more contact with, I would be carefull in judging general behaviour. You end up stereotyping pretty fast, and keeping in mind that the picture you get from other ethnic groups are always based on your own personal experience that you gather from contact with other induvidual beeings from that group, you actualy can not construct a "general concept".

Furthermore, in this case (furry fandom) even if I would like to generalise lets say German furries, I would not be able to! You ask 10 furries from the same country what the fandom is about, they will give you 10 different answers. That said, I think for some furries it actually is the verry yiffy part what the "meaning or basis of the furfandom" is about. You do not think that way, I do not think that way, but others might. And as the fandom beeing quite liberal, we both have to accept that. Of course, what you can do (and what you actually shoud do) is to stand up against certain generalisations, and clearify them.

About your concern regarding younger furries, I think the only thing you really can do is to prepare them about the big variety in furry thinking in a clarifying way. Explain that there is the Yiff fact to many, but not all furries, and that the sexual part (that some fans carry out) is more or less a side effect of people meeting under given circumstances. Show them other niches of the fandom, which they probably did not think about. Talk to them about other reasons to be a furry. Point out your personal "meaning or basis of the furfandom" as you call it. Discuss if the certain human urge is really that important in order to let go responsibility or moral issues etcetcetc.

If you do not want that younger ones are taged along, help them beeing strong and able to take their own decissions  :).

Toon-ca7

« Reply #4 on: 05.06.2014, 08:37:27 »

Honestly, I don't have an opinion on you as Mexicans. Probably because you're so far we don't feel direct influence here. Just another exotic country to go to.

About yiff thing you're talking, it happens everywhere on all events, parties and it's called sex. I spend a lot of time among non furries and it's pretty much the same with a difference that furries are loud mouthed and nothing is really a tabu. We may seem like perverts but oh boy, you get to know things from general public once they start talking... That is what we are too, part of general public.

Thanks for your toughs Patrol ;3

As you say and it is true; arent only furries who can be both pervert or nice. The thing here it's mexican furries use to listen and pay attention (more than needed) to gossyp in the mexican fandom. This comes 'coz some furries had told me things about banned mexican furries, "black lists" for yiff mexican furries and things like that.

Those who told me all that, are my friends, but before take a side I'll like to investigate furter more about this theme, so I can come out with a self opinion and a good way to talk about all this with the furry cubs (those who recently had joined the fandom).

Toon-ca7

« Reply #5 on: 05.06.2014, 08:42:34 »

No creo que haya una opinión general del fandom en Mexico ya que como dicen estáis bastante lejos, pero vamos que la mayoría de sudamericanos/centroamericanos que conozco son buena gente, fursuiters, artistas, no todo es blanco o negro, no te vayas a lo malo :)

Gracias Wotan, en realidad no me voy a lo blanco o negro, ya ke como todo en la vida siempre existen los matices.

Como le comentaba a Patrol, muchos furros por aca se concentran en chismes, a mis oidos han llegado algunos referentes al lado yiff del fandom, por lo ke en lugar de dejarme llevar por los chismes, investigo para formarme un mejor criterio. Soy de los furros (la mayoria en mexico, espero) ke nos gustaria organizar una correcta FurCon para poder invitar a la misma a varios de nuestros amigos extranjeros, para ke puedan asi conocer un poco mas de mexico y el fandom ke tratamos llevar por aca ;3

Wotan

« Reply #6 on: 06.06.2014, 01:05:29 »

Gracias Wotan, en realidad no me voy a lo blanco o negro, ya ke como todo en la vida siempre existen los matices.

Como le comentaba a Patrol, muchos furros por aca se concentran en chismes, a mis oidos han llegado algunos referentes al lado yiff del fandom, por lo ke en lugar de dejarme llevar por los chismes, investigo para formarme un mejor criterio. Soy de los furros (la mayoria en mexico, espero) ke nos gustaria organizar una correcta FurCon para poder invitar a la misma a varios de nuestros amigos extranjeros, para ke puedan asi conocer un poco mas de mexico y el fandom ke tratamos llevar por aca ;3

Pues no te dejes llevar por los chismes solo disfruta de todo aquello que no lleve al drama :P hay chismes en todos lados y siempre los habrá dentro o fuera de cualquier fandom o grupo de amigos. Y dale caña hay muchos furrys en Sudamérica y centro América seguro que podéis hacer una gran convención :D
Born to be wild!!!!

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
    • The Israeli Furry Website
« Reply #7 on: 28.06.2014, 08:41:07 »

All I know is that I've been to Mexico for 5 weeks and couldn't even meet one damn local furry!!!

But otherwise, all the ones I chatted with via tweeter seemed nice and like any other furry around the world :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up