Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The light at the artshow  (Read 6050 times)

Schiraki

The light at the artshow
« on: 21.07.2014, 11:32:32 »

Hello everyone,

I have a question/idea concerning the light issue at the art show.
As mentioned in the last mail from Cairyn (I hope I wrote it right), it could be that the light-situation at the artshow will not
be great for some of the panels.

My idea was to use some of these reading lamps that you can clip on the upper side of the panel.
Something like this: http://www.amazon.de/Leselampe-Klemmleuchte-Klemmlampe-Buchlampe-Notenst%C3%A4nder/dp/B009O5LM0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405934325&sr=8-2&keywords=Leselampe

I am sorry if I bother anyone, maybe you already had this idea, or it doesnt work because of the diameter of the panels.
The lamps are not very expensive, but considering the size of the artshow it would be very expensive to buy them.

Maybe it would be an idea to allow the artists (maybe for this year) to buy and install them by themselfes?

I realy dont want to infuriate anyone by interfering.

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
Re: The light at the artshow
« Reply #1 on: 21.07.2014, 12:09:33 »

Hello;

we are trying to get some additional lighting into the room already. The room does have lighting of its own of course, we just need to observe how it distributes in a regular setup, how the walls will reflect, and so on. Due to the bleachers we have two different kinds of light; it is hard to estimate how this will affect the display. In addition, entering the Art Show from the Dealers' Den means coming from a room that is all windows into a windowless room - depending on the weather this may create a huge contrast. These are some of the challenges the Art Show Team is facing this year.

That said, perfecting the lighting has been subject of many long discussions, and having a per-panel lighting was among the proposed solutions. However, apart from the price for 150+ devices, lamps on the panels would require a lot of power cables and connectors, with potential electrical hazard. Therefore, powered lamps (or any other powered items which require more than simple batteries) are not allowed on the panels for fire safety reasons. So, please don't bother bringing any lamps of your own.

The layout is generously spaced with walkways several meters wide, so we do not expect actual dim corners. We aim to get a suitable lighting situation for everybody.
Pages: [1]   Go Up