Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF20 - Minibar Emptying  (Read 19944 times)

Kamikaze

• Classy as Cheese!
Re: EF20 - Minibar Emptying
« Reply #15 on: 05.08.2014, 13:58:57 »

Just a note:

Be careful when putting stuff in the minibar
I'm not sure about the minibar in the estrel but some of them have build in switches in the bar that recognize if you move things.
Even if you push over a bottle by accident then will register that and put it on the room charge

Nothing to read here...

Wolita-Aiko

« Reply #16 on: 05.08.2014, 14:10:02 »

seems like they won't do it, got the same message

Unfortunately we are not able anymore to confirm your request for empty the minibar of your booked room. Due to limited storage capacities, we are able to offer that service for a certain amount of rooms only.
Furthermore we would like to point out that all beverages taken from the minibar will be charged as consumed to the guest bill, inasmuch as the minibar was not emptied by the hotel staff.

LeTigre

• *Mrrrr ... Meow*
« Reply #17 on: 05.08.2014, 14:11:31 »

It seems there were flooded with hundrets of eager furries trying to prepare their roomparties :) I would suggest bringing your own cooler then.

That would be allowed? =O.o=
"No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep"

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 05.08.2014, 15:36:32 »

It seems there were flooded with hundrets of eager furries trying to prepare their roomparties :) I would suggest bringing your own cooler then.

If you bring a 2x2m refrigerator-combo with integrated icemachine, blackjack and hookers ... that night raise an eyebrow. But a camping-style electric coolbox should not be a problem.
yours,

Cheetah

Arctic Steve

« Reply #19 on: 05.08.2014, 15:41:37 »

If you bring a 2x2m refrigerator-combo with integrated icemachine, blackjack and hookers ... that night raise an eyebrow. But a camping-style electric coolbox should not be a problem.

Getting said coolbox to Germany from the UK is the problem.... still, I'm gonna use the ice machines for the coolvest inserts.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #20 on: 05.08.2014, 16:56:59 »

Getting said coolbox to Germany from the UK is the problem.... still, I'm gonna use the ice machines for the coolvest inserts.

You could buy one there. The trouble of course, would be how to get rid of it afterwards. Keeping in mind that leaving them in the room, would make you quite unpopular with the hotel and con staff (and maybe incur extra cleaning fees).

Tragger

« Reply #21 on: 05.08.2014, 17:27:48 »

Mhmm I hope they have bathtubs ;D

Raider

« Reply #22 on: 05.08.2014, 17:40:01 »

Mhmm I hope they have bathtubs ;D

Careful, you're stirring up the Twitter shitstorm  ;D

Aysel

• Pandurrrhh
« Reply #23 on: 05.08.2014, 18:33:36 »

Sorry but i think said con staff should rather talk to the estrell about a deal... cuz u cant expect suiters to drink halfwarm drinks or empty their minibar for said cooled drinks.
There is a reason I, as a suiter, want to be in the main hotel; that is so i can choose to not use the suiters lounge, and go up to my own room, have my own drink of choice which will be cooled in the minibar i rent.

I think its worse to bring our own mini fridges (which use a shit ton of electric power, since their ineffecient) than to find a way to and have storage in the minibar and not having them to have a massive electrucity bill.

And also we are renting almost the full hotel, will make sure their restaurants will be stacked from opening till closing, most will give tipa to the staff and not even to talk about the amount of booze that will be bought by "us".

Pff...
Twitter: Taorupanda

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 05.08.2014, 18:49:57 »

And also we are renting almost the full hotel, will make sure their restaurants will be stacked from opening till closing, most will give tipa to the staff and not even to talk about the amount of booze that will be bought by "us".

On the other hand, you're renting a room at half the regular price, and if you don't like what you get for your money, you are free to take your money somewhere else.

Before this discussion gets any further into embarassing territory, I'll lock this thread - I think everything relevant has been said.
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up