Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specific Fursuit rules and guidelines?  (Read 9263 times)

MoonSong

Specific Fursuit rules and guidelines?
« on: 03.08.2014, 20:04:53 »

I would like to know the specific rules and guidelines for wearing a fursuit on EF.
And specially, hints from experienced fursuiters.

Could someone help me?

Specially hints and guidelines on how to not faint while in a fursuit.

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
Re: Specific Fursuit rules and guidelines?
« Reply #1 on: 03.08.2014, 21:05:46 »

Regarding rules:

Most of the "spelled-out" rules can be found either in our general Rules of Conduct, e.g. common-sense things like "not sexually explicit", "absolutely no dangerous items and nothing that looks like a weapon", etc.

Regarding the fursuit lounge, the most important rules can be found here, or later posted at the entrance of the lounge.

Regarding "unwritten" rules, like "do-not-spoil-the-magic" (e.g. "don't run around headless in public, unless it's an emergency"), you'll probably find some panels about fursuiting pretty helpful. From last years, I would expect there to be something like "101 Fursuiting", and/or "Introduction to Fursuit Performance", but the program is not final yet, so there might be different ones.

Other than that: Watch and learn :) There are literally hundreds of fursuiters at EF, some first-timers as well as some who built their first own suit around EF3. Many of them will be happy to share their experience if you ask them nicely, while relaxing in the lounge, at the bars, or all the other places where people at EF come together to chat.

MoonSong

« Reply #2 on: 04.08.2014, 15:51:52 »

Regarding the fursuit lounge, the most important rules can be found here, or later posted at the entrance of the lounge.

Thank you!

[...] From last years, I would expect there to be something like "101 Fursuiting", and/or "Introduction to Fursuit Performance", but the program is not final yet, so there might be different ones.

My thoughts exactly.

Other than that: Watch and learn :) There are literally hundreds of fursuiters at EF, some first-timers as well as some who built their first own suit around EF3. Many of them will be happy to share their experience if you ask them nicely, while relaxing in the lounge, at the bars, or all the other places where people at EF come together to chat.
I'm sure there'll be

Luchs

• IT Department
  • Stay humble.
« Reply #3 on: 07.08.2014, 17:17:54 »

Specially hints and guidelines on how to not faint while in a fursuit.

Listen to your body, do not take risks - it's not worth it. If you feel uncomfortable, get out, cool down, get a shower, continue later when you feel ready for it. You'll get used to it - slowly - but if you become unconscious while in suit then paramedics/emergency teams will cut you out of it with no questions asked.

Additionally to the good advice already posted in the thread: There's no shame in asking a friend to help you out and be your spotter. You won't be alone, you have someone to help you in troublesome situations, someone who can guide you back if needed, someone who can possibly carry some water supply and a straw for you - and also remind you to drink it. Friends are awesome, really.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up