Eurofurence Community > Special Interests

Step-count Challenge - Moving at Eurofurence

(1/4) > >>

yotie:
Just a Funny Idea i used to do with Friends The previous years at EF, we also do it at my Office, it could be fun if more people do it!

During EF its quite fun to Bring a pedometer (a step counter) in the pocket and compare the values with friends!
If you are "active" at EF youd be quite surprised!

I am quite social moving around EF, mixed time walking , fursuiting, sitting, i managed to walk 30Km at EF only! i wonder how much more it might be for the Staff!

They exist as Phone "Apps" or as a little circuits you place in your pocket
You can simply download free programs for Smartphones to count steps (Noom Walk is a nice one)
or simply have an hardware pedometer in the pocket or around a necklace (while fursuiting, worn inside) -those cost as low as 5 euros (more if you want to plot and weekly stats)

I am curious to see what kind of fury "walks the most" at EF - but my guess would be the security staff and con-ops x )

What do you think?

6-2-1!
just like the 6 hours of sleep, 2 meals, and 1 shower per day (at least!)
Being active is also it is also healty and fun  ;D

I know its vacations! I know the beer is good there! but don't be too lazy spending the whole EF at the bar either  ;)

Vector:
Great idea !  8)

But keep in mind that most of fursuiters can't have their phones during fursuiting. ;)

Example for me @ CFz 2014 (out of suit) :
friday 23rd may 7.374 steps 1:21hour 5,5 kms
saturday 24th may 5.904 steps 1:07 hour 4,3 kms
sunday 25th may 9.260 steps 1:42 hour 6,7 kms
monday 26th may 11.738 steps 2:08 hours 8,8 kms
tuesday 27th may 10.669 steps 1:58 hour 7,8 kms

= 44.945 steps 8h16  33,1kms  4,004 kms per hour XD

That does NOT includes fursuiting & operating my steadicam (for safety reasons I keep my pockets always empty.)

yotie:

--- Quote from: Vector on 05.08.2014, 13:16:38 ---Great idea !  8)

But keep in mind that most of fursuiters can't have their phones during fursuiting. ;)
--- End quote ---

Indeed!
Its the reason i like "hardware" ones, as i said above, they can be worn around a necklace under the suit : )

Vector:
Do you know any sweat resistant & cheap hardware pedometer I could buy ?

Clover:
Neat idea. I'll try to intall an app on my tablet and find out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version